Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5 HEP identifies the issue immediatly. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #96 Myth about outlawed chemicals Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #173 Mirco clearcoat & post tests Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #726 HEP comment on the two easy to see direct issues. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #807 Reminder of thread purpose. Posted by Skyemont (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#620 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

Anyone have a washer count and size to do all of the posts in the game? Figured I’d bandaid my 13k game while JJP gets their head out of their ass.

The first ones to check are the ones with no rubbers: left inline and upper playfield.

Then check the two by the AXL lanes, and the one by the Pyro target.

Those were the ones I found with visible damage to cover, anyway.

#652 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

I think Chris from High End Pins has it right, saying that when you extend the washer, you just push out the surface for the damage to happen around the edges further. Smaller washer over larger mylar ring is the better way, IMO.

Or small washer (the original) over carbon fiber.

IMG_0038.jpegIMG_0038.jpeg
    #657 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Do you think it will just start to poll around the carbon fiber washers like it does with the plastic washers or do you think the carbon fiber washers hold everything in place better? Are the carbon fiber washers like a sticker underneath like cliffy's other carbon fiber protectors?

Yes they have strong adhesive.

#662 2 years ago
    Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

How many plays since you did your fix?

I would guess 300-500.

#669 2 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

So I guess just keep stacking washers then?.. kind of reminds me of the last time I ate at Taco Town, I guess you just keep adding and adding.

No. You put down carbon fiber discs (think thicker than mylar) and the washers on top of those. Then you stop.

#671 2 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Why does everyone keep asking zaphX for advice?? He doesn't know anything above and beyond the rest of the people on here. He just posts a lot. He doesn't even care if the entire top layer of the playfield chips off in sheets.

You're just mad that I'm not losing my shit about the playfield. I stopped the damage and covered it. I'm having fun playing the game.

#672 2 years ago
    Quoted from Betelgeuse:

He doesn't even care if the entire top layer of the playfield chips off in sheets.

Also let's not be hyperbolic. That hasn't happened to any of these games. Pooling and chipping around posts, yes. Coming off in sheets? No.

#674 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

Fair point, it only flakes off on all of the impact points, rest of the play field is beautiful.

Can confirm!

Quoted from jandrea95:

Maybe someday JJP will design a pinball machine that can actually be played like a pinball machine.

I'd argue this one can.
    IMG_0089.jpegIMG_0089.jpegIMG_0090.jpegIMG_0090.jpeg

#676 2 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

I think the most impressive stat is only 7 tilts in over 3200 games.

Right? We find this one more difficult to tilt than the others. I don't know if it's a factor of where it is in the room upstairs, or what...we configured the bob like we normally do. That said I'm not inclined to make it tiltier either.

#678 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Just wait. In a few years of play that Jersey Junk Pin will look like a plank of driftwood while the older W/B games will still look great.

Yeah that's what people said about POTC too. Last I checked CE value is 35K so.

#694 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Here’s a PF that is 25 years old and the artwork is still on it. Wow, and Jersey Junk won’t last a couple months. Fucking shame on them.
    I bet the new one that I swapped this one out for won’t last as long. I’ll probably send this one out to be restored amd put it back.
    [quoted image]

Look man you already said you couldn't figure out the game, hated it, and sold it. Why do you keep beating this horse?

#697 2 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

For 35k, I have to admit, I am tempted. I even have the Lior Dauntless ship mod.

I played it last night and it made me feel bad for considering the sale.

If someone offered me 40 I'd probably take it.

#698 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

What difference does it make to you? Why? Because I got screwed on WoZ by Jack. The PF fell apart and the asshole , only after badgering him incessantly, sent me a PF that should have been thrown in the trash. I had to buy one at cost. After one thing after the other broke I sold it. I took a chance on GnR because it was supposed to be the be all and end all of pinball and sold a restored Funhouse that I restored myself and can never get back to get it. We were told this shit would be taken care of. So I get it and not only do the rules suck bit the PFs are falling apart. So, do you keep it and see if it gets better or dump it before it grenades? I chose to dump it. My FH is still gone. Not to mention I despise entities that screw over people and refuse to accept responsibility. I’m a damn used car dealer and I don’t screw people over like that. And by the way I did figure out the game, hit each shot enough times and play multiple multi balls while doing it then start the song and aim for the red amd yellow shots which is all of them, collect a jackpot or start the song over and do it over and over again. It’s a flail fest. I never got so tired of multiballs since I discovered pinball. So again, what’s it to you? Am I not allowed a voice just because I sold my game before it started to fall apart? That being said, for the sake of the pinsider that bought it I hope the game is one of the few that stays together and he enjoys it more than I did.

Well clearly you've got a different experience with JJP. Burned once, gave them a second chance, then (almost) burned again. I'm sorry that you didn't have a better experience, but at least you got out with a little profit.

#700 2 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

Yeah, but for 40k, does yours comes with artwork?

Yep. Nothing at all showing damage. The stuff that did was sling posts (covered with larger posts, has not recurred) and tortuga (covered with cliffy).

It looks great.

#711 2 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

That’s all he’s done for awhile now. Kinda tweaked really.

You guys should think less about me and play your games more.

#715 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vespula:

There appears to be some on here who couldn't think any less of you if they tried.

That was pretty funny Left myself open to that one.

#734 2 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

Who is we? The Pin Derek Gang you assembled after you found your new persona. You must be an important person now. No wonder you are holding on so tight. Embarrassing beyond belief.

We is me and my wife. Asshole.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues?tu=zaphX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.