Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5 HEP identifies the issue immediatly. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #96 Myth about outlawed chemicals Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #173 Mirco clearcoat & post tests Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #726 HEP comment on the two easy to see direct issues. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #807 Reminder of thread purpose. Posted by Skyemont (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 2 years ago
    Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I just got a HS2 that's 30 years old. It has a diamond playfield, looks brand new.

I don't get why we've regressed in pinball manufacturing. As long as people keep buying games with such playfield issues, nothing will change.

Diamond coated playfields all still look incredible. Everyone says the chemicals used in that coating are no longer allowed, which is a darn shame...one would think there would be something at least as good as the ceramic coats put on high end vehicles....

Quoted from smalltownguy2:

The only people who win in a Class Action suit are the lawyers.

Best/worst case scencario: JJP pays millions in settlement. They go under. We all get $50.

Bingo...or, if JJP survives, they pass the cost down to their future customers. It's a bad deal for everyone.

#98 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

Sometimes a company needs to be crushed into oblivion by a class action suit.

Sure, but JJP is not a company that should be crushed into oblivion. None of us win there...

#683 2 years ago
    Quoted from Antron77:

Mine with a Nov 2020 playfield date.

Man, that is terrible. I’m so sorry for everyone going through this.

I thought JJP said on a podcast they fixed this issue. Was that just utter BS to keep the purchasing coming in? Maybe JJP could sub contract their playfields to Spooky (I understand Spooky doesn’t do the playfields themselves either, but at least their QC and their sub contractor for playfields are fantastic).

#719 2 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

@ HEP I love your work and amazing attention to detail. thank you for taking the time to provide your insight and experience with Mirco PF's.

JJP needs to get HEP onboard as some sort of consultant and have him fly over to Micro and see if he can aid in the processes somehow. Seriously, HEP is the best in the business and clearly assessed what is happening from some photos...hire this man immediately JJP!!!

#738 2 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The pictures that have been posted to this thread show at least two separate issues in my eyes(disclaimer).
    Some pictures show wrinkling down to the wood.
    I would consider this a ground floor adhesion issue if it were my problem and I was trying to solve it.
    Other pictures show the topcoat separating from the art.
    That is a topcoat issue in my experience . Those are a bit more complex.

The fact that you can identify these two issues from photos alone and JJP and Micro can’t see the issues at all while simultaneously claiming they are not defective and meet their standards is incredible. JJP and Micro both need to call you immediately...JJP and Micro either (a) clearly lack baseline competence, or (b) are liars attempting to defraud people. I’ll start a poll in another thread.

Quoted from High_End_Pins:

I would gladly give advice if ask but I am not at all interested in getting actually involved in this fiasco.
    Money isn’t everything.

This is a shame, they need you and so do we.

#751 2 years ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

Shed a tear cause I’m fixing you
    Still in a bit of denial
    I log in and check this thread everyday now

I know the playfield you wanted, its not what you have
    With all the shills talking, it's driving you mad
    If Micro was standing by you, how would you feel
    Knowing your artwork isn’t adhering, and that is the deal. Yeah, baby

#808 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

How did I miss all these years that JJP slipped a LotR dickbeard tribute at the top of the JJP logo? It was basically a key milestone in the genesis of JJP, so it makes sense, but HOW did I miss it all these years?
    [quoted image]

That’s awesome! I never noticed that either. Yes, that is a well placed tribute.

1 week later
    #861 2 years ago

Has Mirco made any statement that they view the playfield quality as acceptable or touted their “quality products”?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.