Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5 HEP identifies the issue immediatly. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #96 Myth about outlawed chemicals Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #173 Mirco clearcoat & post tests Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #726 HEP comment on the two easy to see direct issues. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #807 Reminder of thread purpose. Posted by Skyemont (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#139 2 years ago

Listen to Kaneda today. He nails it. JJP knew about this, said it was fixed and basically JJP lied to us.

He also makes a good point about the rest of pinball media ignoring the issue because they don't want to upset JJP / Distro / other person they kiss ass on.

Neil.

#140 2 years ago

FWIW my game sat for 4 months waiting to be shipped to the UK because of the EU tariff issue and I still got the problem.

#232 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Sadly as I said before I think it is Highly unlikely for an issue like this that Any company will make or publish a statement like this. Can they and should they fix it, Hell yeah. Do I expect to ever see them admit fault, never. Every conceivable issue ever related to the playfield would at that point become compensated debate. Just don't expect to ever see that happen personally. Again, not saying its right just a managed expectation.

its highly likely for any company that cares about its customers; but we know JJP lies and doesn't care about its customers.

#235 2 years ago
    Quoted from NC_Pin:

I think most companies care about their customers. However, occasionally they get in over their heads and don't know what to do. I'd be shocked if the folks at JJP weren't at DEFCON 1 over this. I think their extreme lack of communication is a sign that they know that it is a serious issue and they need time for an appropriate response. We can hope that they make the right decision(s).
    Also... just a guess here... they thought the issue was fixed.

I typically would agree with and I always try to see the positive as I think people do the right thing, but in this case someone is saying ignore this or do nothing and the BS from JJP about tightening posts on my issues and the lack of any real comment is just not acceptable.

JJP said this issue was fixed
    Mirco said this issue was fixed.

It's not even close.

Neil.

#363 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Drop a deuce in the cab and send it back.

put it in the backbox and its a pinball upper decker! LOL

Quoted from jandrea95:

The buyback is a shit offer though. I actually took them up on the buyback offer and was told the following:
    On Feb 19, 2021, at 4:21 PM, Barry Engler <[email protected]> wrote:

I do not handle that, but what I do know is.
    The boxing material will be sent out.
    After the game is boxed a pickup is scheduled.
    Once we receive the machine, we check it out.
    A refund will then be issued.
    This whole process can take 2-6 weeks depending on all the variables.
    Thanks,
    Barry
    I officially accepted the buyback on 2-25-21, have not heard jack shit since. The game is now long gone, but they do not know that, and they cant be bothered to follow up.

I emailed Barry asking if I return the game to my distro for a refund. will see if we get reply.

#364 2 years ago
    Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

We were lucky enough to secure a G&R CE with a serial number in the 90's range. We took delivery the last week of February and as of today have nearly 2,000 games played. It is one of our favorite games to play, and it probably helps that my wife and I are big G&R fans.
    I've followed this thread and the other G&R threads to learn about tweaks and issues. I removed my glass this morning and went over the playfield with a flash light. The ONLY blemish I could find regarding pooling, lifting or chipping was around this post to the left of the scoop. I already have the 3/4" clear washers mentioned above and I'm hoping that installing one will prevent further chipping as the arrows point out.
    I guess I should feel lucky that there is not more damage with so many hours on the game. Maybe it's possible that some of the pooling issues and worse seen by others won't creep up in my machine?
    My wife and I are fairly new to the hobby but we play every night and enjoy our games. Just like the hot rodded 48' Chevy in my profile pic that gets driven everywhere. We're both nearly 50 and while I love having nice shiny toys, I know that with use you will get some minor dings and bump ups here and there. I have friends with hot rods they never drive and guys who have guns which are "safe queens" and never get shot. These friends who never really utilize or enjoy their possessions puzzle me. That would be similar to me telling friends not to play my G&R because "I wanna keep total plays low for possible future re-sale value." For me unless I hate the game, if I buy a pin and love it I will probably keep it forever and put it in my will.
    So if there are documented issues with the manufacturing process as pointed out it seems the entire playfield could be compromised. However in MY case is it possible that what you see in the photo is normal wear and tear from 2,000 plays? Could it be similar to dings in your paint from driving your car normally?
    I'm hoping it's attributed to normal wear and tear because I would hate to think that over the next couple years every high impact post will start to look like this one. People have a right to be frustrated and upset for the amount of money we spend on these games. I totally get it. In my case though I will play the game until the legs fall off because the overall experience for me exceeds the worry of a couple clear disks on the playfield that you don't see with the light shows going full blast.
    I've been a lurker for months but just wanted to post my SN range and pics so the OP can cross reference his experiences with one more.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

sorry to say that you are going to get issues all over the playfield.

#367 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t think you’re wrong and you know much more about this than I ever will but... i haven’t seen damage expand past larger washers whether they’ve been applied before or after damage. The only areas affected are those with no washers or smaller washers on them due to pooling and over torquing. I just think that if the smaller =better theory was correct we’d be seeing damage around larger washers rather than the opposite...

sadly on my TNA the chipping has gone past the washers.

#370 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chisox:

Yeah the Spooky playfields really have me scratching my head because, even though I remember a couple of hiccups during TNA (that’s what she said?), their playfields are sooo much better than every other I’ve had. My ACNC and R&M have like 4 dimples combined after hundreds of play each.

spooky had some issues but resolved them and worked with customers to resolve those issues including me.

Neil.

#600 2 years ago

I spoke to Ken today and Barry is swamped so lets give it a little time.

#827 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bruce_Pickle:

My Uncle's dog scratched my CE

is that a euphemism?

Neil.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.