Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5 HEP identifies the issue immediatly. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #96 Myth about outlawed chemicals Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #173 Mirco clearcoat & post tests Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #726 HEP comment on the two easy to see direct issues. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #807 Reminder of thread purpose. Posted by Skyemont (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#289 2 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Appetite for destruction indeed!
    You thought you would be in the Paradise City and found out Anything Goes!

I don’t think Anything Goes is in the game. Shame too as it’s an awesome jam.

#334 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

so play it and then sell it, what are you worried about?

My plan is, deal with any issues that arise (and some have) and play my game, buy an extra PF when/if they figure shit out, and swap someplace down the road when the original PF is a little too lunched for my liking. Is it ideal? No. Is it something? Yes. Because when I play the game I love it, and when I go online and see everyone having such a bad time it makes me feel bad.

If you are SO OUTRAGED with JJP you just can’t deal, sell, get your money back plus I’m sure a little, and move on. Life is too short to lose hair on something you bought for fun, even if you dropped over $13k. I wouldn’t think any less of you, I’d understand completely in fact. No one is asking you to forgive JJP... just don’t keep killing your self over it.

On and not you specifically nicoy3k , you just are the post I somehow responded to, lol.

#338 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

And leave $5000+/- on the table? no way. and JJP is counting on everyone recognizing that. Is the desire to "send a message" to JJP by forcing them to buy it back worth leaving a massive profit on the table??

Right, if JJP isn’t learning something already you selling them their game back so they can either resell or destroy and write it off isn’t teaching them. Someone wants that CE even with its issues. Cash out and move on.

#443 2 years ago
    Quoted from Supermans:

JJP needs to implement this simple fix into all of their future playfields and the problem will be solved.

It’s ugly but it works for sure. Early 2000s sterns (LOTR comes to mind) did this.

#451 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Unless they change their processes, a replacement playfield is going to shit the bed also. Not sure why everyone thinks the replacement playfields will be defect free. They'll still be garbage.

I’m sure the hope is with longer curing time, proper assembly and maybe some slight reworking that you won’t see the same kind of damage being done at the posts.

But yeah, it just seems like they’re all shady at this point.

#459 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah not sure that theory sticks. Many of the first batch of games had issues and those were stalled for close to a year waiting for Covid to pass. Don't think time will fix this. And from the few pics shown may actually be worse. Early ones simply pooled which I can repair. Later ones cured and shattered the CC.

Well, that’s why it’s a theory. I’m hoping they will rework them like Stern did with JP eventually, as
    I know a swap is probably in my distant GNR future.

#580 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your mother works at Mirco
    Now that Churchill's not around
    We used to love her playfields
    But now they've gone to ground!
    So you open up your tickets
    cause complainin's always free
    you'll get lots of different washers
    and a case of insanity!

Hahahaha god dammit man.

#635 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Game gets a bad rep, but it's no worse than other wpcs. I've owned one for years with very few issues. Worked on others as well. Easy machine to work on.

Yeah but when it goes wrong it goes all the way, lol. I do love STTNG tho, it’s definitely got the most awesome and complex subway system you will ever see on a pin.

#637 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The problem is just one flaky opto or even a stuck ball can cause a mess of trouble, and never has a game been built that handles ball count confusion on the playfield worse than STTNG. Always frustrating to have a multiball or Final Frontier end early, or have a multiball end only to have the game go to bonus countdown with a ball still on the playfield.
    I like the game a lot and I've owned several but I think its reputation is a justified. There's a reason you almost never see that game in tournaments.

Well that and you can stall out modes.

#639 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Which leads to Final Frontier which is almost guaranteed to cause the game to meltdown in an orgy of confusion!!

Because you stalled out modes!!

#829 2 years ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

Aw man this thread is only for CE owners? Aaawwwww

We all own a CE. Because deep down, deep DEEP down... we are all the same.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gunstarhero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues?tu=gunstarhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.