Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5 HEP identifies the issue immediatly. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #96 Myth about outlawed chemicals Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #173 Mirco clearcoat & post tests Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #726 HEP comment on the two easy to see direct issues. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #807 Reminder of thread purpose. Posted by Skyemont (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

I normally don’t start a topic but I’m so pissed right now I need to vent. I would like to know what serial number you have and do you have issues. Post pics if you want. I know there are a few topics on this but I’m more concerned about the CE. If I purchased a Ferrari and it had a scratch, do you think they would send me a bottle of touch up
    Paint? I don’t want a damn washer JJP. How hard do you have to torque down the washer? I put a ticket in but I’m sure my washers are in the mail which I will mail back.

092B7D6D-DD41-4E99-9C1C-804C5456BB5B (resized).jpeg092B7D6D-DD41-4E99-9C1C-804C5456BB5B (resized).jpeg4F0C7AC2-3F63-4C2E-9016-5D2A1FE9E569 (resized).jpeg4F0C7AC2-3F63-4C2E-9016-5D2A1FE9E569 (resized).jpeg90FAF8B5-91F9-4779-9F6D-2C27E39EE1FA (resized).jpeg90FAF8B5-91F9-4779-9F6D-2C27E39EE1FA (resized).jpeg
    #13 2 years ago

The closer I look the worse it gets. Located another one.

#14 2 years ago
    BEED896A-E6AB-46AD-9041-7056FF8A6E15 (resized).pngBEED896A-E6AB-46AD-9041-7056FF8A6E15 (resized).png
    #37 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

except - Spooky, Stern, American, CGC are using methods that seem to be working

I agree with you on Spooky, American and CGC. Not STERN! They have playfield issues as well.

#71 2 years ago

Not looking for a class action lawsuit. Just looking to be taken care of on my CE. I paid for the best model available so I expected it. I love the pin. It’s a blast. But I need my playfield not to fall apart after 200 plays.

#88 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

Skyemont - Robert, sorry to hear about your issues. I hope you and the other owners with issues can get a resolution. I have a Standard that had some scratches but no pooling yet. I’m wondering if this is a problem that immediately occurs or starts to show itself after a certain number of plays? I assume all versions have playfield issues?

Hey thanks. I know a someone who has a standard and it’s just as bad as mine. I’m glad yours is ok. I’m right at 200 plays. I think JJP will take care of me. Just waiting.

#89 2 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Ok, I'll ask it....
    OP, you've posted in THE most relevant thread about Stern/JJP PF issues over a year ago....
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/continued-playfield-issues-with-jjp-and-stern
    Why did you buy anyways?

The issue was supposed to have been taken care of. I heard this from several people. I had no issues with my RRWOZ, Hobbit or DILE. I heard Wonka was a hit and miss so I felt safe getting this GNRCE.

#161 2 years ago

My serial number is #59. Seems like some

Quoted from HighVoltage:

Nice find: it just demonstrates the pinhead FOMO, and why companies don't take QC seriously.
    January, 2020:

5 months later, sample size of 1.

It's kind of fun to roll the dice and win, just like Vegas. The situation truly sucks, but come on, the indignation when the dice come up snake eyes is slightly amusing.

Not sure why you are here. You give no value to this thread.

#256 2 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The same people that put a bunch of washers under plastics?
    Even worse what happens when you install a bunch of plastic protectors.
    I understand the dynamics of raising things like wireform ramps making the distance of the ball drop further but the minuscule amount these washers would raise anything would have zero effect on gameplay .
    Whoever is coming up with these “fixes” are doing themselves and their customers more harm than good.
    It’s like “Oh the ink is lifting around that 1/2 inch washer. I have the solution here’s a 3/4 incher on the house”
    Two months later “We are sorry to hear that the ink has lifted around that 3/4 inch washer. Here is a 1 inch washer. “
    Before you know it the entire playfield is going to be covered in wrinkles and big washers.

Well said Chris. I totally agree. So glad you are sharing your knowledge in this thread.

#274 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rum-Z:

Stern seemed to figure this out. I don't know why Mirco and JJP have been so reluctant to simply follow Stern's lead and remove artwork from around all the post locations on their playfields. Stubbornness? I'd rather see wood and a black keyline around all the posts than washers of varying sizes and materials, and/or chipping and pooling around those posts and washers. Yeah, we know that the removal of art around posts and/or rails doesn't address the core problem of digitally printed playfield art not adhering well (or at all) to playfields, but it seems like Stern and JJP refuse to give up on digitally printed playfields, so it's probably the best band-aid solution we'll ever get.

What process does American Pinball use. I have not seen any issues with their playfields. Do the exist? Any American Pinball owners have playfield issues?

#305 2 years ago

Just got a call from my distributor. Barry emailed her. Here are my options:

1. The will buy my CE back at retail cost
    2. Nothing

No new playfields are to be sent out. I love the pin is why I got a CE. JJP you make it very hard to support u in this industry.

#312 2 years ago

The point is guys I want GNR. Send me a playfield in lieu of 12,500???

#317 2 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

They probably feel nobody is going to ask for a refund on a CE. Even a defective CE would go for $3k+ more than retail right now. I imagine the distro will sell it as soon as they get one.
    Curious if they will offer this remedy for LE/SE's, guessing not.

Exactly.

#393 2 years ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

Any issues on the SE? Mine is fine.
    Only seems to be LE and CE

Nope it’s all of them. I know a guy who has a early SE and it’s jacked up big time. I contacted Mirco today to see if I could buy a CE playfield and the answer was no. What the F is going on here. JJP is draining the fun out of collecting pins. They got me back into pinball and now they are exiting me back out. Thanks JJP!!!

#399 2 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

WTF.
    Have you asked JJP if they will?

I was denied by JJP! I did not ask them to purchase one for me. I think they don’t want to risk sending out playfields because it may end up being the results.

#431 2 years ago

Playfield quality control. Looking good. I was told mine passed the test. I’m serious. I was told that.

6B1A39A1-869F-4CEE-95F1-DAB42A741182 (resized).jpeg6B1A39A1-869F-4CEE-95F1-DAB42A741182 (resized).jpeg77F178D2-4C20-489D-B8CB-373908C22334 (resized).jpeg77F178D2-4C20-489D-B8CB-373908C22334 (resized).jpeg
    #444 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

agree, but the playfields need to be fully populated swap outs. we have to be real here, how many folks are actually going to do a playfield swap? and how do we know the playfield they send out is a good one that will not have future issues?

Not going to happen. I was told hell to the NO!

#456 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

is JJP refusing to send you replacement upper playfields as well?

Yes

#457 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Gotcha. Reply wasn't directed at you specifically.
    You know RB? My deepest sympathy.

He loves me.

#461 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

at least they could send the bad ones back to mirco for credit

Mirco told me it’s JJP’s fault not theirs. Straight from their mouth.

#497 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My Distro bought me a new playfield. I am moving on I guess.

So he paid for it and got it from who?!

#544 2 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Friend of mine was slated to get his LE in the fall at the earliest. He got a call from the distributor this week that customers are waiting or abandoning, and he can get on the next shipment (June?). My friend declined. These issues appear to be making an impact. I just hope distributors don’t get too hosed as this is JJPs problem.

I hate to say this but I’m glad. They need to be held accountable!!

#550 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Now you know what to say when Jack calls and says "What can I do for you?"

I called 5 times today. Can’t reach Barry. Probably told not to answer the damn phone.

#743 2 years ago

In lieu of me reading every post about fixes, can we identify who has done what and how it’s working so far? Washer size, plastic, rubber or metal. What size you used, etc... So far I think I need to do a complete tear down on my 5 mth old game to get to post that have been affected. It’s a damn same but it is what it is. I have not played it in 1 month. This issue has drained the fun out of playing and owning this game.

#785 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So someone needs make shirts that say Jersey Junk Pinball and then underneath that Guaranteed to crack you up but have the you Xed out. We can wear those to the pinball shows

Does your GNRCE have any issues?

#807 2 years ago

I created this thread for GNRCE owners basically. Not Stern Fanboys to come on here and shoot the shit and add fuel to the fire. So if can get lost, that would be great.

#812 2 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I think both companies stink.

Don’t you own all Stern’s?

#814 2 years ago
    Quoted from jandrea95:

What’s stern have to do with anything ? Did they mess up the GNR playfields? Also , he bitches about his Jurassic Park all the time, haha.

Just trying to get the guys who don’t own this pin to leave. That’s all. CE owners that have issues is the topic.

#830 2 years ago

It’s for any model but there is another thread that talks about JJP playfield issues. That’s all. So I decided to start this one for the CE owners just to see how many have issues.

#834 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you truly love a thread, you must set it free!!

I knew I liked you Levi. You going to Allentown?

#838 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

If you decide to lick me at Allentown, at least sprinkle some salt on me first.

LMAO. Stupid auto correct.

#839 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Post pandemic: no tongue!!!
    I hope I can make it to Allentown. It's gonna be hot as fn balls but will be nice to see everybody.

It seems like it’s been forever.

#844 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I wonder if in the votes up here.... there really are 58 people who need to change the playfield in their Collectors? (11% of the 500, that’s too many, but probably true).
    So, If that’s the case, it can be more than 200 or 300 with the same problems in their LE’s and SE’s. In the Owners thread and In the CE thread I don’t think that there’s that many people(58) with issues like Skyemont(I can be wrong obviously)….
    And if of the 32 votes (including me) that we have no problems "We really are 32" that we truly want to keep this game and we don’t give 3 shits about the value. (There’s no point in lying about that and then you run to ask for help in our thread ).
    I have a ton of plays in my game since February, only one screw and a washer has come loose from a Coil Stop, and I have only changed 1 set of rubbers (as I constantly rotate them within a few degrees when I see that they are wearing down)…. I have to add that when my wife plays she is quite rough in the way she plays. Quite abrupt to be honest
    I hope that you find solution Skyemont, I know for sure that you want to keep the game in your collection… just like me.

I do want to keep it. Hopefully JJP will sell CE playfields with no issues.

#849 2 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

If you're going to rip the poor guy, at least mention the right game.

stupid is stupid does

#853 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I keep seeing Mirco mentioned. So Mirco AND Micro are both overseas pinball playfield producers?

I just know of Mirco Playfields.

4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Skyemont.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues?tu=Skyemont and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.