Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5 HEP identifies the issue immediatly. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #96 Myth about outlawed chemicals Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #173 Mirco clearcoat & post tests Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #726 HEP comment on the two easy to see direct issues. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #807 Reminder of thread purpose. Posted by Skyemont (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeJet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#402 2 years ago

This thread combined with my recent root canal requiring a post and crown made me think....

I know it's a major change but could they install a t-nut on back side in such a way that the posts don't put pressure on playfield? - OR - install a mini-post (TM) and clear playfields AFTER a flat post is installed that allows you to later screw into that so the posts attach only to metal and any extra clear just cracks at the attachment?

#432 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Maybe JJP should consider undermounting that post through a close fitting hole in the PF. Here is what I am thinking-
    This does not fix the crappy clear issue, but its one of the most beat up posts in a game, and would make long term sense to look into doing something differently. [quoted image]

This is similar to what I was saying as maybe a suggestion for JJP. While I appreciate it doesn't solve the actual problem with ink adhesion it may reduce the chances of your game showing damage in as early as a month. Obviously they would need to test it.

The problem as I see it is JJP is married to Mirco with either a contract or they purchased all the playfields and what's done can't be undone at this point. Mirco would have to take a million dollar + loss to change thier process and seems like legally that would be hard for JJP to force and would take years meanwhile they have no new playfields if they outlayed the playfield costs already to Mirco.

Didn't Stern and spooky just shift the art away from the posts? JJP could do that also if they are still getting new playfields from Mirco. Explains also why that test area is worthless if it's only the art adhesion that is the problem.

As far as the concern that the playfields don't just continue to fall apart I think we mostly know that will not happen as we have years old games as examples. My GOTG has the issue with one post and it's stayed limited to that post.

Would be great if this was fixed but looks like it will cost too much for the time being and those stuck with this problem and want to keep the game will have to hope that one day truly fixed playfields to be run and available for purchase (I'm not betting they will be any cheaper than at cost) and eventually replace them.

#433 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Playfield quality control. Looking good. I was told mine passed the test. I’m serious. I was told that.

I'm sure it did if they are limiting the testing in the apron area.

#509 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Sorry to hear about that. Any pooling or chipping around the post yet?

Inspecting it again I thought I saw some pooling, alas it's just swelling.

#571 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

JJP will not return my emails about pooling on my GnR CE. My distributor reached to them and they are not willing to do anything. So I offered to buy another playfield so I could get it cleared myself. They will not even sell me a playfield. I can not believe this is happening.

I was told they will sell playfields after the run is compete....but...I would not buy one until we have some clear direction on what the solve was here so it's clear the one you buy as a backup is not going to have issues.

Even a raw playfield with no clear is worthless (other than wall art) if it's an art adhesion issue. I don't think they have a solution yet. Maybe they redesign to remove art from post areas, maybe they source someone other than Mirco, I would want to know what's changed before throwing good money after bad.

#710 2 years ago
    Quoted from sanantoniopinhea:

I started the pinball hobby in 2007. I used to post on the old Yahoo boards (wild west with no moderator) when Clay was giving us manuals on how to fix pinball games. Prices

Thanks for your story! Good do see a long timer post. "Yahoo boards" I assume was way of viewing the RGP newsgroup. Clay helped many get into this hobby, including myself. It's great to see many continue to help today just seems like those voices are drowned out lately.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoeJet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues?tu=JoeJet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.