Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #5 HEP identifies the issue immediatly. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #96 Myth about outlawed chemicals Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #173 Mirco clearcoat & post tests Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #726 HEP comment on the two easy to see direct issues. Posted by High_End_Pins (2 years ago)

Post #807 Reminder of thread purpose. Posted by Skyemont (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Question for Mr #HEP Like your knowledge I also value the input from Peter in Hamburg who also makes great playfields. Some time ago (somewhere in all these threads) he tried to share his opinion on the situation being the preparation of the wood Before ink is applied. He mentioned how critical the sealer coat was to proper ink adhesion. Like playfield touch up do you suspect they are laying down a clear coat base Then applying art Or are they simply applying art then clear coating? Seems that one element is being missed or improperly done hence most have no issue when no art is applied.

Stern does a clear coat layer, then art, then clear again.

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Hence maybe why they are not having issues?

Stern has issues every year when heat and humidity hit Chicago. I'm convinced it's an environmental issue with them. They did air condition the paint room at some point, I hear...so maybe that fixed it.

#284 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Even more importantly, I feel that the folks at AP stand behind their games.

Except the faulty power supplies that the customers had to pay to replace. Pinside has a short memory at times.

#320 2 years ago

It is one thing to offer the buy back, it is another to actually follow through. More than one person was given this offer early on, and JJP drug their feet until the game owner just sold it elsewhere.

#329 2 years ago

JJP POTC: Fool me once.
    JJP WONKA: Fool me twice.
    JJP GNR: Fool me three times....shame on me.

JJP Toy Story: They will sell every CE, and playfields will melt again. When will people ante up and stop buying their games? JJP's CE "buy back" that no person is going to take them up on, is a middle finger to everyone who has been affected by this, because they know you all will be right back in again on the next hot theme.

#333 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morgoth00:

What does a company do with a buyback pin?

If the answer is the latter, why don't they just offer that option and send out refurbished PF's to unhappy customers? Just like your cell phone warranty, they don't give you a new one. They give you someone else's headache that they refurbished.

Because they believe the customer will blink first and not follow through with sending it back.

#424 2 years ago

Maybe JJP should consider undermounting that post through a close fitting hole in the PF. Here is what I am thinking-
    This does not fix the crappy clear issue, but its one of the most beat up posts in a game, and would make long term sense to look into doing something differently.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #426 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

That would solve the problem of over-torquing topside parts, but those holes would have to be very precise.

Why pinball manufacturers are still using a press to dimple playfields and then either drill holes by hand on the dimple, or they use a bushing jig and again drill the holes by hand blows my freaking mind. A simple 3 axis CNC mill can be set up to drill all the holes on location quickly, and will never file an OSHA claim for carpal tunnel. You could even have the machine predrill the hole and then use a milling bit to make the hole perfectly on size. One employee could load and run 3 machines at a time. You don't even need top end super rigid CNC mills, since you are machining wood...not slabs of Inconel or Monel. The labor savings will pay for the CNC machines in short order. Pinball manufacturing is painfully stuck in the dark ages, and they don't even try to hide it.

#463 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Mirco told me it’s JJP’s fault not theirs. Straight from their mouth.

Kaneda was alluding to this subject being covered in his episode 500 that he won't air. Something about Lawlor refusing to work with Mirco on a solution.

#468 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

LTG...Lloyd,
    I, along with I’m sure most Pinsiders, truly appreciate your many contributions and participation over the years, but your silence is deafening! I have no skin in the game but have been following these JJP playfield threads for years. PLEASE help these people out. Your Pinside profile says Jersey Jack Pinball, so you are part of the problem if you don’t speak up on behalf of JJP or assist in getting JJP to deal with the problem head on, fix it, and also compensate current customers with issues. This has gone on long enough...be part of the solution! I can’t imagine the position you are in as I know you truly care about pinball and the pinball community, that is not disputed. But, please do the right thing, I know you know what that is.
    Thanks in advance.
    I’m truly sorry to each and every one of you that have playfield issues with your GnR and the other previous titles affected. Just so some won’t accuse me of being a “fanboy” of JJP’s competition and are only here to stir the pot and make JJP look bad, my Catwoman Edition BM66 also has significant dimpling, pooling around a few posts, and two chips. One at the ball guide by the Penguin scoop and one by a slingshot narrow post. Also, I let it sit for 30 days after setting it up with hopes that it would help in case it was a possible clearcoat curing issue, nope! And yes it bothers me, so I know how all of you must feel with even worse defects. I want ALL manufacturers to be successful as more pinball and variety is good for everyone!
    I also am starting a thread to get JJP’s (Lloyd’s) attention. I will “bump” it as necessary until Lloyd posts in this thread. I apologize to you again Lloyd as I know this is NOT your fault, but my hope is that you can help these people in some way. Please, no hard feelings, I hope you understand.
    -Wayne

You are barking up the wrong tree. Lloyd's job is remote tech support. Riding his ass on here is pretty shitty when he has no control over anything in Chicago. If he goes and raises a stink, he's could wind up being on the outside looking in...and that's not cool either.

#471 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

Couldn’t he help though?

Going after Lloyd is like kicking puppies...you just don't do it. That guy is a wealth of knowledge, always willing to help, and always has a positive face on here. He doesn't deserve that, nor do I think he really has the power to do anything. I am 100% sure JJP is well aware what is going on. Try another angle.

#482 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

How do I delete a post...I’ve never actually done it!

Just edit everything out and ask a mod to delete or lock it. No worries man, hindsight is usually 20/20.

#789 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Was this recently though? I thought they were swapping populated playfields with GB, but then switched to just sending out unpopulated. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong and Stern is still doing this (as they should) with clearly defective playfields.

I know two people who have received populated playfields in the last year from Stern. The bar is high though. The defect must affect gameplay. This means a warped playfield or a sunken insert.

#835 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I knew I licked you Levi. You going to Allentown?

If you decide to lick me at Allentown, at least sprinkle some salt on me first.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.