Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.
    #302 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmieczko:

Can you post another picture of that post from a different angle? Is that a huge chunk of paint missing just North of the post that you can't really see in the pic??

Yeah I see what you mean now with this angle. I didn't catch it the first time around but that bare wood shouldn't be there and it indeed looks like a chip.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My advice is put away the flashlight and stop looking for trouble. Sounds like you did ok so no need to drive yourself nuts, enjoy the game that’s what the hobby is all about.
    If you keep conducting flashlight reviews eventually you’ll find SOMETHING so I’d count yourself lucky just have fun with it.

For sure I'm not gonna keep looking for trouble. I've cleaned and waxed my playfield and even after following all these threads for weeks today was the first time I've ever felt inclined to see if my PF had any issues. I'll do what I can to minimize any further damage, but I'm gonna play the hell out of it. Lately the wife and I have a friendly rivalry over Deadpool so G&R has had somewhat of a rest this week. Absolutely loving Deadpool!

Chip (resized).jpgChip (resized).jpg
    #303 2 years ago
    Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

Yeah I see what you mean now with this angle. I didn't catch it the first time around but that bare wood shouldn't be there and it indeed looks like a chip.

For sure I'm not gonna keep looking for trouble. I've cleaned and waxed my playfield and even after following all these threads for weeks today was the first time I've ever felt inclined to see if my PF had any issues. I'll do what I can to minimize any further damage, but I'm gonna play the hell out of it. Lately the wife and I have a friendly rivalry over Deadpool so G&R has had somewhat of a rest this week. Absolutely loving Deadpool![quoted image]

Wiggle that post I bet it’s loose

#304 2 years ago
    Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

Yeah, that's a pretty good sized chip. You will probably find it in the bottom of your cabinet.

#305 2 years ago

Just got a call from my distributor. Barry emailed her. Here are my options:

1. The will buy my CE back at retail cost
    2. Nothing

No new playfields are to be sent out. I love the pin is why I got a CE. JJP you make it very hard to support u in this industry.

#306 2 years ago

Drop a deuce in the cab and send it back.

#307 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing
    No new playfields are to be sent out. I love the pin is why I got a CE. JJP you make it very hard to support u in this industry.

I mean what more do you want? They are giving you your money back. Now, I'd expect them to buy it asap and not make you wait around for payment or shipping pickup.

Now lets be real. You can put a washer on the damage, play the crap out of it. And still sell it on the market for 14k.

#308 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

easy !

(even if you like this pin)

#309 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

Shut up and send it back. You’re lucky.

#310 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

what will be your losses ? taxes and shipping both ways and if you paid more than retail ?

#311 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

It would be heading back as we speak and I would be patiently waiting for a check.

#312 2 years ago

The point is guys I want GNR. Send me a playfield in lieu of 12,500???

#313 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coz:

I was told Spooky and American pinball use Bader playfields. No major playfield issues currently for either manufacturer.

AP: Correct (Bader), but they also used Mirco in the mix early on. I still have a HOU Houdini with a Mirco, and PF is in stellar shape, even w/respect to dimples too.

#314 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

So does the disto pick up or do you ship back? They cover shipping?

#315 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

AP: Correct (Bader), but they also used Mirco in the mix early on. I still have a HOU Houdini with a Mirco, and PF is in stellar shape, even w/respect to dimples too.

+1

my Houdini was a MIRCO > perfect
    my Oktoberfest was a BADER > perfect

#316 2 years ago

They probably feel nobody is going to ask for a refund on a CE. Even a defective CE would go for $3k+ more than retail right now. I imagine the distro will sell it as soon as they get one.

Curious if they will offer this remedy for LE/SE's, guessing not.

#317 2 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

They probably feel nobody is going to ask for a refund on a CE. Even a defective CE would go for $3k+ more than retail right now. I imagine the distro will sell it as soon as they get one.

Exactly.

#318 2 years ago
    Quoted from jarozi:

Yes, they offered the same on an SE to another pinsider

#319 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

so play it and then sell it, what are you worried about?

#320 2 years ago

It is one thing to offer the buy back, it is another to actually follow through. More than one person was given this offer early on, and JJP drug their feet until the game owner just sold it elsewhere.

#321 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Tough call man sucks. Especially when you like the game and whos kidding who the value is likely Higher then the sell back even with damage covered with washers. Only suggestion would be to grab the return option and while waiting list it for more to see which returns the best result. Or (Crappy resolution!) tell them as you do love the game could they sell a replacement PF at cost or less to retain a client?? Sucky solution but that recourse would absolve future resell lose somewhat.

#322 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

Have they ever actually followed through with buying back anybody's game? From what ive read they tell customers this then keep playing the upper management is deciding on something to keep you off there back for alittle while until you either stop bothering them or you sell the game privately.

#323 2 years ago

I’d bet plenty of folks here would offer you 12,500+ and a quick no hassle deal if you don’t wanna deal with JJP. Regardless, at least you have the option to get your money back, unlike my pooling Maiden LE which I had to take a huge bath on when it came time to sell

#324 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

By offering to buy it back they're covering their asses in case there's a class action lawsuit, which I've heard at least three people are actively considering. If I were you, I'd cut my losses and sell it back to JJP. Then take the money and buy a game on the used market or from another manufacturer that doesn't have so much baggage attached to it.

#325 2 years ago

Everybody is claiming the value is higher than retail, even with the chipping and bubbling playfield

Just Curious - which one of you who don't already have a CE are willing to buy one with a defective PF for $15 grand .... not me
    I would rather pay more for a defect free one or buy an LE down the line if they can fix this issue with certainty

#326 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

Thank God I've been dragging my feet on putting a deposit down on an LE.

At this point, let JJP go out of business and let American Pinball fill the void for the high end market.

Remember when Jack bragged that Cliffy's won't be needed for his playfields.......

#327 2 years ago
    Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Everybody is claiming the value is higher than retail, even with the chipping and bubbling playfield
    Just Curious - which one of you who don't already have a CE are willing to buy one with a defective PF for $15 grand .... not me
    I would rather pay more for a defect free one or buy an LE down the line if they can fix this issue with certainty

Since they all assume to have an issue can you point me to a single FS add that is less then list price? And yes I would still buy one at a premium.

#328 2 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Stop trying to minimize a serious issue.

Levi is like Pin Derek. So caught up in his pinball persona that he doesn’t care if people get high quality machines. He only cares about a variety of pins to play which I bet he doesn’t buy. It is about him only.

#329 2 years ago

JJP POTC: Fool me once.
    JJP WONKA: Fool me twice.
    JJP GNR: Fool me three times....shame on me.

JJP Toy Story: They will sell every CE, and playfields will melt again. When will people ante up and stop buying their games? JJP's CE "buy back" that no person is going to take them up on, is a middle finger to everyone who has been affected by this, because they know you all will be right back in again on the next hot theme.

#330 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

This sucks.

But send it back.

#331 2 years ago

The more specific question is what examples are there where people had to sell a CE or LE for a huge loss with pf issues? I remember one person stating they sold their LE for msrp with issues. I think everyone would prefer a perfect game but the wait time for nib is what - 6 months? Even if you wait, how do you know the problem will be fixed? It's been a problem for years going back to POTC.

#332 2 years ago

What does a company do with a buyback pin?
    -Strip it for parts?
    -Sell on their scratch N' dent page?
    -Fix it for resale?

If the answer is the latter, why don't they just offer that option and send out refurbished PF's to unhappy customers? Just like your cell phone warranty, they don't give you a new one. They give you someone else's headache that they refurbished.

#333 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morgoth00:

If the answer is the latter, why don't they just offer that option and send out refurbished PF's to unhappy customers? Just like your cell phone warranty, they don't give you a new one. They give you someone else's headache that they refurbished.

Because they believe the customer will blink first and not follow through with sending it back.

#334 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

so play it and then sell it, what are you worried about?

My plan is, deal with any issues that arise (and some have) and play my game, buy an extra PF when/if they figure shit out, and swap someplace down the road when the original PF is a little too lunched for my liking. Is it ideal? No. Is it something? Yes. Because when I play the game I love it, and when I go online and see everyone having such a bad time it makes me feel bad.

If you are SO OUTRAGED with JJP you just can’t deal, sell, get your money back plus I’m sure a little, and move on. Life is too short to lose hair on something you bought for fun, even if you dropped over $13k. I wouldn’t think any less of you, I’d understand completely in fact. No one is asking you to forgive JJP... just don’t keep killing your self over it.

On and not you specifically nicoy3k , you just are the post I somehow responded to, lol.

#335 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

Do not hesitate. Send it back.

#336 2 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Do not hesitate. Send it back.

And leave $5000+/- on the table? no way. and JJP is counting on everyone recognizing that. Is the desire to "send a message" to JJP by forcing them to buy it back worth leaving a massive profit on the table??

#337 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I guess I would have more sympathy for CE owners if they were losing thousands of dollars because of the damage, but that's not the case - I don't think I've seen a CE listed in the market for under $18k for the past 3 months.

JJP has offered to buy back your game for MSRP (which is the right move for JJP), or you can sell it in 10 seconds for $15k in the market. Pocket the profit and wait on an LE with a (hopefully) better PF.

Or keep your game, enjoy it and buy a better PF when available (hopefully offered by JJP at cost). I'll bet you money you'll still make more than MSRP when you sell it.

#338 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

And leave $5000+/- on the table? no way. and JJP is counting on everyone recognizing that. Is the desire to "send a message" to JJP by forcing them to buy it back worth leaving a massive profit on the table??

Right, if JJP isn’t learning something already you selling them their game back so they can either resell or destroy and write it off isn’t teaching them. Someone wants that CE even with its issues. Cash out and move on.

#339 2 years ago

JJP stands behind their product!

... because it's a great shield from incoming flames.

The only thing good to come out of this is that there is now absolute clarity on JJP and how they are as a company. 3 times is a pattern, and to change it is an absolute nightmare for them. Any marketing professional would tell you this.. I suspect the bean counters are in control.

#340 2 years ago

Are there really that many people that mad for a GnR that they will pay an extra 5K for one with a bad playfield. This whole thing just seems insane. It's hard to even imagine what I would do because I can't imagine going in on CE. I guess I would post it real quick and see if it sells like everyone suggests it will. I would give it a week if it hadn't sold I would take the money from JJP and never look back. I would also never buy anything from them ever again. I would probably buy one of their pins used in the future.

#341 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I guess I would have more sympathy for CE owners if they were losing thousands of dollars because of the damage, but that's not the case - I don't think I've seen a CE listed in the market for under $18k for the past 3 months.
    JJP has offered to buy back your game for MSRP (which is the right move for JJP), or you can sell it in 10 seconds for $15k in the market. Pocket the profit and wait on an LE with a (hopefully) better PF.
    Or keep your game, enjoy it and buy a better PF when available (hopefully offered by JJP at cost). I'll bet you money you'll still make more than MSRP when you sell it.

You know, there are people that buy games to hold them for years to come, rather than just a bunch of flippers. Those people probably don't like the risk of playfields being compromised with the risk of future issues showing up by simply using their machine.

#342 2 years ago

Pretty sure in one of the other bad PF threads at least one person did agree to the buyback but JJP never followed through. Its all a rouse by them. Its a bullshit solution anyway.

#343 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

Take the deal and see how serious they are, i.e. how long they drag their feet and if they prove they are serious. Then you can also drag your feet or maybe even change your mind down the road before returning it.

#344 2 years ago

The buyback is a shit offer though. I actually took them up on the buyback offer and was told the following:

On Feb 19, 2021, at 4:21 PM, Barry Engler <[email protected]> wrote:

I do not handle that, but what I do know is.

The boxing material will be sent out.

After the game is boxed a pickup is scheduled.

Once we receive the machine, we check it out.

A refund will then be issued.

This whole process can take 2-6 weeks depending on all the variables.

Thanks,

Barry

I officially accepted the buyback on 2-25-21, have not heard jack shit since. The game is now long gone, but they do not know that, and they cant be bothered to follow up.

#345 2 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

The same people that put a bunch of washers under plastics?
    Even worse what happens when you install a bunch of plastic protectors.
    I understand the dynamics of raising things like wireform ramps making the distance of the ball drop further but the minuscule amount these washers would raise anything would have zero effect on gameplay .
    Whoever is coming up with these “fixes” are doing themselves and their customers more harm than good.
    It’s like “Oh the ink is lifting around that 1/2 inch washer. I have the solution here’s a 3/4 incher on the house”
    Two months later “We are sorry to hear that the ink has lifted around that 3/4 inch washer. Here is a 1 inch washer. “
    Before you know it the entire playfield is going to be covered in wrinkles and big washers.

HEP unchained!

breaking_the_chains.gifbreaking_the_chains.gif
    #346 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

2. Nothing

Send it back. If all you care about is eventually selling it for a profit later, then just sell it now for whatever you can get. JJP doesn't owe you extra resale value. If they're offering to make you whole, take the offer or stop complaining.

#347 2 years ago

not me, I do not want anything with a jacked up playfield. It would have to be priced so low for me to even think about buying it.

#348 2 years ago
    Quoted from seenev:

Send it back. If all you care about is eventually selling it for a profit later, then just sell it now for whatever you can get. JJP doesn't owe you extra resale value. If they're offering to make you whole, take the offer or stop complaining.

Problem is, as stated by others, is that it’s a bull shit offer, they don’t actually take it back.

#349 2 years ago

These ongoing posts and comments remind me alot of American auto manufacturing in the early 1970s.
    My parents once knew a couple who bought a brand new Caddy and had a constant rattle in the rear.
    After several trips to the dealer, they cut open the trunk inside and found an empty Coke bottle inside the rear fender.

In the 70s and beyond, car manufacturers' got away with crap like these current playfield issues, and then Mr. Toyota and Mr. Honda showed up and the game was never the same. Oopsie!

Laugh at them now, but someday ... some company in another country with better QC processes will fix these issues, IF the US manufacturers continue NOT to.

#350 2 years ago
    Quoted from Morgoth00:

-Strip it for parts?
    -Sell on their scratch N' dent page?
    -Fix it for resale?

They legally can't sell it as new, so it has to be refurbished and sold as such or destroyed.

It makes the fact that they aren't offering an at-cost spare playfield even crazier. It literally cost them NOTHING but some administration. And if throughput is the issue, offer an IOU for when production cools down and they have some playfields to spare. This idiotic new stance is a self-inflicted wound that's completely unnecessary.

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues/page/7?hl=quadrider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.