Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.
    #851 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Stupid auto correct...

That's his story and he's sticking to it...

#852 2 years ago

I keep seeing Mirco mentioned. So Mirco AND Micro are both overseas pinball playfield producers?

#853 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I keep seeing Mirco mentioned. So Mirco AND Micro are both overseas pinball playfield producers?

I just know of Mirco Playfields.

4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    #854 2 years ago
    Quoted from elcolonel:

I know Mirco Playfields and Marco Specialties Pinball Parts -- what does "Micro" have to do with pinball?

#855 2 years ago

Looks like a typo...

#856 2 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Stupid auto correct...

Ok for MICRO instead of MIRCO, you could possibly get away with this answer from @cosmokramer...

#857 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I just know of Mirco Playfields.
    [quoted image]

Maybe that star in Mirco’s logo is supposed to represent playfield artwork peeling up around posts.

#858 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I know Mirco Playfields and Marco Specialties Pinball Parts -- what does "Micro" have to do with pinball?

I think iphone likes to auto correct mirco to micro if you don’t capitalize it.

#859 2 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

I think iphone likes to auto correct mirco to micro if you don’t capitalize it.

That's what I'd always figured, but the Colonel seemed to think that there was a separate pinball entity called "Micro."

#860 2 years ago
    Quoted from Palmer:

Maybe that star in Mirco’s logo is supposed to represent playfield artwork peeling up around posts.

It's symbolic of the 5 cardinal excuses Mirco relies on.

#861 2 years ago

Has Mirco made any statement that they view the playfield quality as acceptable or touted their “quality products”?

#862 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Has Mirco made any statement that they view the playfield quality as acceptable or touted their “quality products”?

In the TBL thread, DP says Mircos claims are that JJP are the issue. JJP is over tightening the posts. While this isn’t a direct statement of quality, it’s a denial they are the problem. Who really knows

2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg

#863 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

In the TBL thread, DP says Mircos claims are that JJP are the issue. JJP is over tightening the posts. While this isn’t a direct statement of quality, it’s a denial they are the problem. Who really knows
    [quoted image]

Mirco is a font of excuses and blame-shifting, so I wouldn't exactly take their statement as factual.

#864 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not sure when it happed but if you look at the Mirco site any and All written dialog pertaining to warranty, conditions, or quality are removed. Its just a default setup page. lol Seems like they have screened themselves from customers and OEM partners?

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    #865 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure when it happed but if you look at the Mirco site any and All written dialog pertaining to warranty, conditions, or quality are removed. Its just a default setup page. lol Seems like they have screened themselves from customers and OEM partners?
    [quoted image]

Wayback machine has the same thing. He just never changed the template.

8 months later
    #866 2 years ago

Any updates from JJP? Has anyone heard anything since Barry left?

#867 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

Any updates from JJP? Has anyone heard anything since Barry left?

Oh boy when did Barry leave?

1 week later
    #869 2 years ago

Mirco will be at TPF and giving a seminar.

#870 2 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Mirco will be at TPF and giving a seminar.

What is Mirco giving a seminar on?

#871 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

What is Mirco giving a seminar on?

How to run a business where there's no Quality Control and take no ownership of it!

#872 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

How to run a business where there's no Quality Control and take no ownership of it!

That makes sense.

#873 2 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

As a CE owner I can confirm unequivocally that Mirco is not entirely to blame for this fiasco.

I hope Mirco has the balls to attend TPF to elaborate on playfield failures.

There is 2 parts to this story.

#874 2 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

As a CE owner I can confirm unequivocally that Mirco is not entirely to blame for this fiasco.

You are correct. JJP is to blame for this issue. They choose to continue to do business with a subpar playfield supplier. They are ultimately responsible.

#875 2 years ago
    Quoted from RA77:

As a past owner of a CE.......As always with Pinside everyone will type what they're going to say/do to (enter name here, in this case Mirco) but once it comes time to say/do anything in person no one will step up to the plate. All Mirco needs to do is make an announcement of some new product people want and all past issues will be forgotten.

Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

You are correct. JJP is to blame for this issue. They choose to continue to do business with a subpar playfield supplier. They are ultimately responsible.

Agree

#876 2 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This. All of this. JJP owns this blame. All of it.

#877 2 years ago

From their Facebook post and their seminar is at 4PM on the 25th https://texaspinball.com/tpf/events/:

Hello to everyone!
    It is some time ago that I had news to announce, which makes me very proud to let you know that I will be at tpf with a seminar about a new product line we will start. The plan is to post some little teasers here in the next days and show it at the show.
    Beside that I have all radcals which are listed in my shop as mirror radcals as well. Most are not yet listed due to the lack of time on my end.
    The last weeks and months have been very busy and I look forward to show the result of the hard work our great team did.
    If you are planing to pick up specific parts please let me know till this weekend as I will not have all available titles with me this year. There are so many different titles and combinations of playfields and radcals that it is impossible to ship all available versions to the show. The entire stock is available to ship any time.
    Stay tuned,
    Regards,
    Mirco

1 month later
    #878 1 year ago

My 2 cents. Ink and clearing wood is old tech. We have very high tech materials in plastics etc. That could have artwork applied and sandwiched between 2 layers, that would last forever. Woods enemy is humidity and lack there of, as well as wood, ink and clear all having different expansion and contraction properties.

Also, all you have to do is look where the stuff comes from, and how important hugging trees is to that country. Is that country shutting down its own energy to put up windmills and solar and then buying energy from other countries instead of utilize their own? Then they probably make everything green and save the planet stupid. Taking away what worked for subpar crap that's supposedly less environmentally damaging.
    Dawn soap and others were once amazing. You could clean mechanics grease off your hands easily, they remove the sulfides from the soap, now it sucks and takes 10 tmes the amount to clean anything.

Pinball needs new better ideas. Wood playfields are a joke, especially when they are a far cry from what they once were. Green always sucks.

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues/page/18?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.