Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
    #751 2 years ago
    Quoted from greeneye:

Shed a tear cause I’m fixing you
    Still in a bit of denial
    I log in and check this thread everyday now

I know the playfield you wanted, its not what you have
    With all the shills talking, it's driving you mad
    If Micro was standing by you, how would you feel
    Knowing your artwork isn’t adhering, and that is the deal. Yeah, baby

#752 2 years ago

I tried all the different fixes on a very pooled and art lifting/torn Wonka le I bought about 1.5 years ago. First I used a heat gun and metal washer to flatten out the pooling and art which worked very well. Then I used rubber and nylon washers under the posts to help with spreading the post movement that causes the issue. I really like the clear flexible rubber / silicone/ nylon washers the best as they absorb the post movement and prevent the playfield from pooling on the outside of the washers. I tried more rigid type washers and it wld still pooll a little bit but nothing like without any washers. I will be getting a g@r le july/August and will do the same thing and I recommend all g@r / wonka owners to do the same. I played the heck out of wonka with over thousand plays and its holding up well with fixes in place . Sucks to have to do this but I wanna enjoy these amazing pins that are being released . I also had to do this on some posts on a tmnt pro.

#753 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

We is me and my wife. Asshole.

When are the jackets coming in.......

B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpegB8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    #754 2 years ago
    Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

I will never buy a NIB jersey jack again until they fix this issue. Really sad and embarrassed for JJP.

its way more than the issue ,, its the whole attitude of jjp

#755 2 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

When are the jackets coming in.......[quoted image]

Alright dude, let it go...

#756 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Why

#757 2 years ago

I like this jacket better. Mainly cuz it comes with washers

0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    #758 2 years ago

The prospect of unscrewing many posts and putting mylar rings/washers or an equivalent is a bit daunting for a total newbie... are there any videos somewhere or written tutorials on how best to remove posts from the playfield ? Never had to do it and I'd like to avoid any mishaps...

#759 2 years ago
    Quoted from firebrand007:The prospect of unscrewing many posts and putting mylar rings/washers or an equivalent is a bit daunting for a total newbie... are there any videos somewhere or written tutorials on how best to remove posts from the playfield ? Never had to do it and I'd like to avoid any mishaps...

Easy answer, do not buy a NIB JJP.
    As an example, just go back to post #680 and look for yourself.

#760 2 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Easy answer, do not buy a NIB JJP.
    As an example, just go back to post #680 and look for yourself.

Not what I want to hear . Decision's taken, and I've seen where the tricky posts are but Im' looking for potential details on how to remove them properly and efficiently.

#761 2 years ago

FWIW, I have fixed playfield pooling with the ironing tool and it worked great for me. I have also repaired areas with chipping by using thin, clear, water-based super glue. I glue down as much of the chipped off or lifting artwork as possible by applying the glue with a small paintbrush, pushing the glue into all the gaps. Then brush a small amount of glue over the damaged area to seal it all in. I usually can't even see the line where the glue begins on the original clearcoat. Depending on where the damage is, I'll then cover it with a cliffy or mylar for extra protection. I haven't added any washers, but have used wider posts in some places. I'm not sure how well it would hold up with narrow posts that take direct ball strikes, as I haven't had that exact situation, but I have yet to have one of these repairs chip away again. YMMV.

**edit for clarification** I am not ok with any of this and it does not make the pf as good as new. I haven't bought a NIB game in over 5 years because of my experiences. It's complete b.s. and needs to stop. This is just how I made the best of some bad situations.

#762 2 years ago

Am I the only person on the sidelines reading these threads about

-ironing brand new playfields,
    -disassembling the topside of a brand new playfield to add washers (and creating a sub-debate on the correct washers to add)
    -adding clearcoat and glue *on a brand new game*

and wondering why in the world people keep subjecting themselves to this NIB purchasing madness?

I love pinball, but come on, this is ridiculous.

#763 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse:

-disassembling the topside of a brand new playfield to add washers (and creating a sub-debate on the correct washers to add)
    and wondering why in the world people keep subjecting themselves to this NIB purchasing madness?

Absolute insanity.

#764 2 years ago

I think it is funny as shit. People spend insane amount of money on a CE and JJP kicks em in the balls. Not once but twice. When the next title comes out are you gonna line up again?

#765 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think it is funny as shit. People spend insane amount of money on a CE and JJP kicks em in the balls. Not once but twice. When the next title comes out are you gonna line up again?

Doubt it. It will be my first, last and only pin.
    I will love it and pet it, and call it George.
    To me, GnR is a unicorn pin.
    Once in a lifetime.

#766 2 years ago

For existing owners I can understand wanting and needing to do those things to prevent further issues. As someone with an LE on order at the $9500 price point I don't want to deal with these issues at all, I'll cancel my order before doing the items above. Like you said it's ridiculous to have to do these items when spending this type of money on a pin. I don't care how much fun GNR is, there's no way in hell I'm spending nearly $10k on a pin that is having these types of quality issues. I was planning to sell an HUO Family Guy for GNR LE but if these issues continue screw that, I rather keep and play a nice game that won't fall apart.

On a related note I wouldn't worry about buying a NIB Stern at this time. Are their latest playfields the best ever made? No. Do they overall look nice and don't pool / chip at posts? Yes. That's the experience I had with a NIB TMNT Premium I just received. It was nice to simply open the game and play it without having to pull out irons, washers, etc. When opening a new pinball machine in 2021 the last thing customers should have to worry about are quality issues on one of the most foundational items in a pin.

#767 2 years ago

Maybe JJP should start using these instead of metal posts!

93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    #768 2 years ago
    Quoted from Chetrico:

If so, what more can you ask from JJP?

Make quality products and stand behind them? Because some people actually want to play the games and not refund them?

#769 2 years ago

If a pinball company cannot offer games with at least quality playfields then they shouldn't be making pinball machines at all in my opinion. The playfield and cabinet and two of the most foundational items in a pin and both should be a given to be made correctly. What's occurring with JJP would be the equivalent to an automaker making cars with faulty frames, and a company building homes with cracked foundations all while continuing business knowing the issues exist. It's bizarre, it's crazy, and it's been embarrassing for a long time now.

#770 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

When the next title comes out are you gonna line up again?

#771 2 years ago

I’ve never owned one so I hardly find myself qualified to add my $0.02 about what should be done. But if I did, I would consider beyond what some argue as compensation with a replacement playfield. Getting it replaced and the labor AND putting everything back together with working error free is probably another.

As a player of JJP games I find them to be some impressive pieces so it’s disappointing to hear threads like this and people getting discouraged. Years past games were meant to be played and then thrown in the trash but more recently (decades) they’ve become collector pieces. If these kind of issues took place in the 80s or whatever you might get some grumbles and laughs from operators but they’d probably earn just as well.

#772 2 years ago

Remember that time Stern showed us how they make their pf's in-house but never showed us the clearcoat room?

#773 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:In lieu of me reading every post about fixes, can we identify who has done what and how it’s working so far? Washer size, plastic, rubber or metal. What size you used, etc... So far I think I need to do a complete tear down on my 5 mth old game to get to post that have been affected. It’s a damn same but it is what it is. I have not played it in 1 month. This issue has drained the fun out of playing and owning this game.

If it's that much of a bummer, get your money back and buy again down the road!

#774 2 years ago
    Quoted from hool10:

Remember that time Stern showed us how they make their pf's in-house but never showed us the clearcoat room?

I remember watching this and thinking "they're mocking us" when he points out the clear coat room and says "we're not going to show you."

#775 2 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

I will let it go when he stops mocking people who are rightfully upset with getting a defective playfield. And calling me an A hole isn’t helping to make me stop either.

#776 2 years ago

So someone needs make shirts that say Jersey Junk Pinball and then underneath that Guaranteed to crack you up but have the you Xed out. We can wear those to the pinball shows

#777 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

So someone needs make shirts that say Jersey Junk Pinball and then underneath that Guaranteed to crack you up but have the you Xed out. We can wear those to the pinball shows

My guess would be JJP is lucky there are no major pinball shows right now because I bet they wouldn’t show their faces at one.

#778 2 years ago
    Quoted from EJS:

I would consider beyond what some argue as compensation with a replacement playfield. Getting it replaced and the labor AND putting everything back together with working error free is probably another.

It’s been years since either Stern or JJP was sending out populated replacement playfields. So if this is your expectation you definitely should not be buying NIB.

#779 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

It’s been years since either Stern or JJP was sending out populated replacement playfields. So if this is your expectation you definitely should not be buying NIB.

My understanding is Stern has sent out populated replacement playfields for some that have had warped playfields.

#780 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

My understanding is Stern has sent out populated replacement playfields for some that have had warped playfields.

I know Stern has sent populated replacement pfs in the past. Has JJP ever done that ? Can't recall seeing one ever posted, but could have easily missed it I suppose. Will be hard for them to pivot on this one I'm afraid....

#781 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballcorpse: this is ridiculous.

Was about to say the same thing when I saw those big carbon fiber washers. Appreciate Cliff for coming up with that solution, but its nuts that that's the "fix".

#782 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Was this recently though? I thought they were swapping populated playfields with GB, but then switched to just sending out unpopulated. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong and Stern is still doing this (as they should) with clearly defective playfields.

#783 2 years ago

You definetly aren't the only one.

#784 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

No plans to buy anything NIB haven’t since GB. I’m on an EM bender right now anyway

#785 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Does your GNRCE have any issues?

#786 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Was this recently though? I thought they were swapping populated playfields with GB, but then switched to just sending out unpopulated. Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong and Stern is still doing this (as they should) with clearly defective playfields.

I know of one Led Zeppelin and one Avengers IQ.

#787 2 years ago
    Quoted from MK6PIN:

I know Stern has sent populated replacement pfs in the past. Has JJP ever done that ? Can't recall seeing one ever posted, but could have easily missed it I suppose. Will be hard for them to pivot on this one I'm afraid....

To my knowledge No. I did receive a replacement Wonka standard playfield from JJP but not populated. It seems now with GnR that they are no longer doing this which seems odd given some of the issues people are having.

#788 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

To my knowledge No. I did receive a replacement Wonka standard playfield from JJP but not populated. It seems now with GnR that they are no longer doing this which seems odd given some of the issues people are having.

This is what really puzzles me...these are crazy expensive toys.

#789 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I know two people who have received populated playfields in the last year from Stern. The bar is high though. The defect must affect gameplay. This means a warped playfield or a sunken insert.

#790 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

I know two people who have received populated playfields in the last year from Stern. The bar is high though. The defect must affect gameplay. This means a warped playfield or a sunken insert.

Fortunately (unfortunately?) not that uncommon to have warped playfield be the Stern defect du jour. Was VERY uncommon before the last 18 months or so, but now not surprising. I've heard of multiples on multiple recent pins firsthand - mostly AIQ and LZ. Something changed with the blanks.

#791 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I received a populated playfield for one of my games a couple months ago. It was an extremely smooth process and immediately offered when I sent pictures of the defect. As mentioned above, it seems like they will do populated replacements if the defect impacts gameplay (as mine did).

#792 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Does your GNRCE have any issues?

Not sure if his is.... I don't own one... But this thread is great. Super informative and great points being made.
    And the t-shirt idea is amazing!

Jersey Junk Pinball

It's perfect and well deserved.

#793 2 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

I know of one Led Zeppelin and one Avengers IQ.

Stern sends populated playfields for series playfield issues.

Quoted from JodyG:

i had a warped LZ. Stern was great about sending a populated playfield. I just had to wait until the game went back on the line (which was fine with me since i got to play it a ton before essentially getting a new game)

#794 2 years ago

Unboxed #58 yesterday, playfield perfect (like all out of the box).
    Now I don't dare to play it.
    Production date 3/21, no date on playfield.
    And clear washers on the slings.

#795 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

Not sure if his is.... I don't own one... But this thread is great. Super informative and great points being made.
    And the t-shirt idea is amazing!
    Jersey Junk Pinball
    It's perfect and well deserved.

Here's a template

unnamed.jpgunnamed.jpg
    #796 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Here's a template
    [quoted image]

I've got a heat press and sublimation ink.... This is easy.

Who wants one? Should I start another thread for orders? Probably just take pm's so jersey Junk can't jump me.

#797 2 years ago

That is my idea. You have to give me a cut. Amd a shirt.

#798 2 years ago

I heard that the Pinball Arcade was working on a digital version of JJP GnR, but they couldn't get the physics right for the artwork crumbling at the posts.

#799 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Here's a template
    [quoted image]

How did I miss all these years that JJP slipped a LotR dickbeard tribute at the top of the JJP logo? It was basically a key milestone in the genesis of JJP, so it makes sense, but HOW did I miss it all these years?

jjp-logo-compare.jpgjjp-logo-compare.jpg

#800 2 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Here's a template
    [quoted image]

Y’all gotta blow up and wheatpaste these all around the neighborhood in Chicago where Jersey Jack is now

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.