Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.
    #551 2 years ago

Most of us are older, how many BJs can we receive

#552 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I called 5 times today. Can’t reach Barry. Probably told not to answer the damn phone.

Barry's a good dude. Honestly his hair was probably on fire before this playfield stuff exploded. He had plenty of time to chat at length while at AP. I'm sure JJP workday jacked to 11 was a shock.

#553 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

I called 5 times today. Can’t reach Barry. Probably told not to answer the damn phone.

So much of this hobby feels like such an amatuer backyard operation sometimes. The irony is that the real amatuer backyard elements of it are usually more professional than the big "professional" players.

#554 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Barry's a good dude. Honestly his hair was probably on fire before this playfield stuff exploded. He had plenty of time to chat at length while at AP. I'm sure JJP workday jacked to 11 was a shock.

Barry had taken care of me 2-3 times when he was at AP w/my Houdini, and I always enjoyed talking to him at a few shows I attended - always personable and was an asset to AP.

I'd hate to be in his shoes now, can't imagine the crap he has to put up with daily. And I no doubt his hands are tied w/respect to the PF issues. A 'no win' for him.

#555 2 years ago
    Quoted from mbwalker:

Barry had taken care of me 2-3 times when he was at AP w/my Houdini, and I always enjoyed talking to him at a few shows I attended - always personable and was an asset to AP.
    I'd hate to be in his shoes now, can't imagine the crap he has to put up with daily. And I no doubt his hands are tied w/respect to the PF issues. A 'no win' for him.

Yep, Barry's a cool dude. Cares about pinball. None of this is his fault. If you must blame, blame JJPs current Dread Pirate Roberts. THAT is where this idiotic policy change is coming from.

#556 2 years ago

This is from the JJP website... Just read and tell me this; are they living up to their ABOUT section of their website?

20210527_212714 (resized).jpg20210527_212714 (resized).jpg
    #557 2 years ago

See highlight.

Screenshot_20210527-213121_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210527-213121_Chrome (resized).jpg
    #558 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, people need to be careful about blaming the employees who are stuck in the middle. I worked in quality for a while.... when there are problems it is the worst job in the world. I would get screamed at by customers over things that were 100% outside of my sphere of influence *and* I would have upper management screaming at me *not to tell the customer anything* It sucked... and yes.. I eventually found a new job, but it's not so easy to just up and quit when you are in highly trained in a relatively small industry.

So maybe Barry is the ringleader of all of this, but more than likely, he is just the guy who is taking a large brunt of the anger and nothing would make him happier than to find an answer that makes the customers happy.

#559 2 years ago

I think it's someone named Marcy @JJP that could help, not the infantry. That's what someone told me.

#560 2 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Most of us are older, how many BJs can we receive

Even a bad blow job is a good one. Really can’t lose here

#561 2 years ago

JJP will not return my emails about pooling on my GnR CE. My distributor reached to them and they are not willing to do anything. So I offered to buy another playfield so I could get it cleared myself. They will not even sell me a playfield. I can not believe this is happening.

#562 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Even a bad blow job is a good one. Really can’t lose here

Unless it raises a blister...

#563 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

JJP will not return my emails about pooling on my GnR CE. My distributor reached to them and they are not willing to do anything. So I offered to buy another playfield so I could get it cleared myself. They will not even sell me a playfield. I can not believe this is happening.

Hard to believe they won't even sell a playfield. I guess if everyone wants to buy a backup they won't have enough to build new games... Or they're concerned the one they sell you will be garbage as well.

#564 2 years ago

Is Ken Cromwell still in a marketing/social media/communications role at JJP? Not suggesting he be inundated with calls or messages, but he seems pretty uniquely positioned as a “hobbyist turned employee” who not only understands the community sentiment here but also has a professional role to play in helping JJP manage this PR/QC nightmare.

You’d hope JJP leadership would take someone like Ken more seriously than say, a project manager or procurement person whose job role is more bottom-line focused.

Just thoughts, probably repeats of someone from before though.

#565 2 years ago

Is this the worst playfield QC of all time? I’m not remembering a playfield with more issues

#566 2 years ago

There are 1000s, maybe 10000s posts on pinball issues. What I don’t see is the lack of just plain old CS from these companies. Stuff happens, things are built incorrectly. But if I have an issue why do I have to wait 4 months for a replacement part..which I will pay for. JJP- hobbit 4 months to get parts, I paid for. Stern- 2 months for a board that failed.

I had new kitchen appliances, dented fridge door, called them up and someone actually asnwred, problem solved. I have a plumbing issue someone answers, yea may be a waiting period, but at least someone gave me a time frame. I’m sad to say I lost all interest in pinball. I don’t care if I have to wait 2 months for a part, but be up front and tell me that. Communication is key.

#567 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

First, I’m sorry for the situation you are in, there is no excuse for this. Please see my above comment. You offered to purchase the playfield, correct? So they could charge you a price to where they are making a profit, again. They profited off your original purchase. And can once again profit off a playfield purchase. You’re not even asking for a free replacement.

I’ve had a lot of problems with stern and JJP and a hobby I once loved I now have zero interest in. I never thought I’d get out, but I’m there.

#568 2 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

There are 1000s, maybe 10000s posts on pinball issues. What I don’t see is the lack of just plain old CS from these companies. Stuff happens, things are built incorrectly. But if I have an issue why do I have to wait 4 months for a replacement part..which I will pay for. JJP- hobbit 4 months to get parts, I paid for. Stern- 2 months for a board that failed.
    I had new kitchen appliances, dented fridge door, called them up and someone actually asnwred, problem solved. I have a plumbing issue someone answers, yea may be a waiting period, but at least someone gave me a time frame. I’m sad to say I lost all interest in pinball. I don’t care if I have to wait 2 months for a part, but be up front and tell me that. Communication is key.

The problem is that these companies are more concerned with new sales than fixing existing sales. It's hard to return a pinball machine, and for an in-demand title the buyer is unlikely to want to return it even when there are problems. Stern is really bad with this as well. When you have a playfield issue with Stern, if they are willing to do anything, they make you wait months, or even over a year, to get it sorted out. What are they doing in all that time? Building machines for new orders. That's their first priority, and fixing their problems is a distant second. At some point you would think treating their paying customers so poorly would catch up to them, but most people who say they won't buy another NIB game give in when something they want comes out. These companies know their customers are full of empty threats, so they don't take them seriously.

Do you think JJP is reading these forums and sweating bullets? I doubt it. I think they're probably laughing. They probably listen to kaneda complain about playfields while saying he will never return his game and realize they really don't have a problem. Customers have a problem. JJP does not. Until customers actually take the refund and give up the games, JJP is A-OK. Sure...you say you won't buy the next game, but then you'll see it revealed and order it before it sells out or the line gets too long. You'll trust that they must have figured out the playfield issues by now and it's going to be OK. Perhaps it's the customer base that is defective.

#569 2 years ago

I totally agree with you. But, I’m happy, and actually relieved at this point to say I am finished. I love Star Wars, but have zero interest in buying mando. Too much else out there in the world that can excite me and more reliable

#570 2 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

I had new kitchen appliances, dented fridge door, called them up and someone actually asnwred, problem solved. I have a plumbing issue someone answers, yea may be a waiting period, but at least someone gave me a time frame.

I have wondered this for a while now. How can these machines have such a non existent support and warranty in the year of our Lord 2021. They are selling these to private homes. Compare this to any other device you can buy today.

#571 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jecco74:

I was told they will sell playfields after the run is compete....but...I would not buy one until we have some clear direction on what the solve was here so it's clear the one you buy as a backup is not going to have issues.

Even a raw playfield with no clear is worthless (other than wall art) if it's an art adhesion issue. I don't think they have a solution yet. Maybe they redesign to remove art from post areas, maybe they source someone other than Mirco, I would want to know what's changed before throwing good money after bad.

#572 2 years ago

Is this the worst playfield QC of all time? I’m not remembering a playfield with more issues

Lol basically every stern made for like two years had pooling and chipping

#573 2 years ago

Is there a variable at play here regarding consumer vs. commercial product classification? By that I mean are there different requirements that drive the extent of what a company is willing to do (get away with) for a commercial product vs. consumer? I've no skin in this... that thought crossed my mind as I was pouring over this topic, apologies if it has already been considered/discussed or if it I'm in left field here.

#574 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

Is there a variable at play here regarding consumer vs. commercial product classification? By that I mean are there different requirements that drive the extent of what a company is willing to do (get away with) for a commercial product vs. consumer? I've no skin in this... that thought crossed my mind as I was pouring over this topic, apologies if it has already been considered/discussed or if it I'm in left field here.

There is an element of that. Pinball was a strictly commercial product for 80 years or so until very recently. In truth, neither the pinball companies nor the consumer was adequately prepared for this sudden shift into making it a home consumer product. Manufacturers suddenly could no longer “get away” with stuff their buyer base probably would have let slide before, while at the same time the buyers suddenly became a lot more demanding.

That being said, I don’t think we’ve ever seen anything like this. Even the crusty old ops of ages past would probably take notice and issue with the current crop of playfield issues.

#575 2 years ago

If we could take the time to train the workers on the line
    I could rest my head just knowin' that you weren't blind
    All blind
    So if you want to love me then Jersey' don't refrain
    Or I'll just end up placing washers in the cold November rain

Do you need to clear on your own?
    Do you need Mirco to hit the road?
    Ooh, Jersey needs to clear these fields on their own

#576 2 years ago

Your mother works at Mirco
    Now that Churchill's not around
    We used to love her playfields
    But now they've gone to ground!

So you open up your tickets
    cause complainin's always free
    you'll get lots of different washers
    and a case of insanity!

#577 2 years ago

I might let JJP slide if the BJs were included every multiball. Everyone has a price point, mine just happens to begin with BJs

Now we have a solution, BJs for all

#578 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There is an element of that. Pinball was a strictly commercial product for 80 years or so until very recently. In truth, neither the pinball companies nor the consumer was adequately prepared for this sudden shift into making it a home consumer product. Manufacturers suddenly could no longer “get away” with stuff their buyer base probably would have let slide before, while at the same time the buyers suddenly became a lot more demanding.
    That being said, I don’t think we’ve ever seen anything like this. Even the crusty old ops of ages past would probably take notice and issue with the current crop of playfield issues.

Nice to see that CrazyLevi is still capable of a level-headed, snark-free post.

#579 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Is Ken Cromwell still in a marketing/social media/communications role at JJP? Not suggesting he be inundated with calls or messages, but he seems pretty uniquely positioned as a “hobbyist turned employee” who not only understands the community sentiment here but also has a professional role to play in helping JJP manage this PR/QC nightmare.
    You’d hope JJP leadership would take someone like Ken more seriously than say, a project manager or procurement person whose job role is more bottom-line focused.
    Just thoughts, probably repeats of someone from before though.

Ken has zero influence.

#580 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your mother works at Mirco
    Now that Churchill's not around
    We used to love her playfields
    But now they've gone to ground!
    So you open up your tickets
    cause complainin's always free
    you'll get lots of different washers
    and a case of insanity!

Hahahaha god dammit man.

#581 2 years ago
    Quoted from Phbooms:

Start bombing Slash's facebook, instagram, or anything he might look at with pictures of playfields falling apart demanding he do something for his fans and pinball in general.. He was SOO important during the build and proud of the machine that he should feel ashamed of being part of this debacle at this point. He called Mcartney now he needs to call JJP and tell them to fix the issues or pull his name and all assets off any games moving forward. Bet that would give alittle extra umph to the call to arms over this bullshit if he actually took notice and cares enough to speak up since his name, music, hat, band, face, voice and supposedly some design went into this game.

Would be funny if he saw the pictures then looked at his game and found that it has the exact same problems.

#582 2 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Well, it is a JJP thread.

#583 2 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Maybe he is sick

#584 2 years ago

“....”

#585 2 years ago

I had no idea this was gonna turn into another Crazy Levi fan club thread!!

Don’t worry gang your membership packets are in the mail. Please remember to send me your t shirt sizes!

#586 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t worry gang your membership packets are in the mail. Please remember to send me your t shirt sizes!

Come on man, if we cant mess with you what good is pinside?

#587 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Love this idea,

People attending pinball shows should just wear a T-shirt around with something like “Another owner of a bad JJP playfield “

#588 2 years ago

JJP

Just Junk Playfields

Slogan for the back

#589 2 years ago

Over in the NIB warranty discussion thread someone posted a link to the "original" GnR warranty, which is dated 9/20 (though the filename suggests it was still in place as of Nov. 2020): http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/gnr/GNR_Manual_Nov2020.pdf

It's hard to see how playfields wouldn't be covered for 90 days under this "Bumper to Post" version of the warranty.

JJP Warrant Nov 2020.jpgJJP Warrant Nov 2020.jpg

The current GnR warranty (dated this March, 3/21) is much less expansive and essentially mirrors the Stern approach of no written coverage for playfields.

JJP Warranty Mar 2021.jpgJJP Warranty Mar 2021.jpg

For people that had their GnR playfield claims denied, were you discussing the "Bumper to Post" warranty with your distributor and JJP, or this new, more limited warranty? And have you considered which version of the warranty should apply if you made your deposit before the warranty terms were revised? Or if you took delivery of your machine before the warranty terms were revised?

#590 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

For people that had their GnR playfield claims denied, were you discussing the "Bumper to Post" warranty with your distributor and JJP, or this new, more limited warranty? And has anyone considered which version of the warranty would apply if you made your deposit before the warranty terms were revised? Or if you took delivery of your machine before the warranty terms were revised?

Since the terms were changed after most deposits were taken, you should be able to get your "non-refundable" deposit back - the seller changed the terms of the original agreement.

#591 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

Lol basically every stern made for like two years had pooling and chipping

Wrong. Most of ours were fine and the ones that were not, Stern made good. Hopefully JJP do the same.

#592 2 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

JJP
    Just Junk Playfields
    Slogan for the back

How about just ...Jersey Junk Playfields

#593 2 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Ken has zero influence.

Makes sense, guess that was a little naïve of me. Their loss... kind of blows my mind having a resource like that (a pretty universally likable community voice, imo) on your payroll and underutilizing them.

Guess it beats them using him as a PR meat shield though, that’d be even more disappointing.

#594 2 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

How about just ...Jersey Junk Playfields

or Jersey Jacked Playfields !

#595 2 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d legit purchase one. Only if it’s autographed though.

#596 2 years ago

I think what I’m learning here is; If you have a problem, put some plastic washers on it5C996C58-CA94-4212-AE99-0F3468D9B55A (resized).jpeg5C996C58-CA94-4212-AE99-0F3468D9B55A (resized).jpeg

79BF5CD4-ABEF-4138-87FD-871A4A5404AC (resized).jpeg79BF5CD4-ABEF-4138-87FD-871A4A5404AC (resized).jpeg08FFC28B-6BCC-450E-A522-6045AA4948E7 (resized).jpeg08FFC28B-6BCC-450E-A522-6045AA4948E7 (resized).jpeg
    #597 2 years ago

Not even close

woz losing art by the silver dollar size..
    star trek looking like the lunar surface..

etc

#598 2 years ago
    Quoted from Breger1:

Please see my above comment. You offered to purchase the playfield, correct? So they could charge you a price to where they are making a profit, again. They profited off your original purchase. And can once again profit off a playfield purchase. You’re not even asking for a free replacement.

It's not a problem of profiting or not - it's parts availability. There isn't excess stock sitting around and playfields require to be bought in bulk and have a very long lead time. On top of that, why sell him something that will perform exactly the same? Now they have two transactions tied up in the liability...

#599 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Wrong. Most of ours were fine and the ones that were not, Stern made good. Hopefully JJP do the same.

Not wrong

#600 2 years ago

I spoke to Ken today and Barry is swamped so lets give it a little time.

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues/page/12?hl=otto110 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.