Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by leonml
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“GNRCE Playfield issues!”

• No issues 34 votes
      30%
    • A few issues but I can deal with it 15 votes
      13%
    • I need a new playfield 63 votes
      56%

(112 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 11.02.03 PM (resized).png
    2C59A24D-B668-4C9B-B448-6C5C96A57878 (resized).jpeg
    4AB83D14-A6A4-4BCB-B3A9-C62901F8AB57 (resized).png
    24F4EACC-18BD-4C3A-BB1C-4EBECF729A5E.gif
    pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    96AFECF5-8006-4481-83F9-232B10BB796A (resized).jpeg
    F47BB7BD-444A-4776-96B8-3147FC4D52A9 (resized).png
    jjp-logo-compare.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    93CFD333-34C5-4DB3-ABFC-31CCBCF9E514 (resized).jpeg
    0A71BF84-51CB-4B9D-9E4C-0B45BCDDA9E1.jpeg
    B8A76BBC-CC62-4001-8ABA-C6275F81E85A (resized).jpeg
    breaking_the_chains.gif
    623D839E-033A-43B7-8B55-0085CFD6C12F.gif
    Screenshot_20210530-083357_Chrome (resized).jpg
    20210530_001747 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.
    #451 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Unless they change their processes, a replacement playfield is going to shit the bed also. Not sure why everyone thinks the replacement playfields will be defect free. They'll still be garbage.

I’m sure the hope is with longer curing time, proper assembly and maybe some slight reworking that you won’t see the same kind of damage being done at the posts.

But yeah, it just seems like they’re all shady at this point.

#452 2 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I’m sure the hope is with longer curing time, proper assembly and maybe some slight reworking that you won’t see the same kind of damage being done at the posts.

Yeah not sure that theory sticks. Many of the first batch of games had issues and those were stalled for close to a year waiting for Covid to pass. Don't think time will fix this. And from the few pics shown may actually be worse. Early ones simply pooled which I can repair. Later ones cured and shattered the CC.

#453 2 years ago

If the ink isn't sticking to the wood, it probably doesn't matter how long you let it sit.

#454 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Unless they change their processes, a replacement playfield is going to shit the bed also. Not sure why everyone thinks the replacement playfields will be defect free. They'll still be garbage.

I agree with you 100%. Sorry if my post alluded to a different conclusion. I know the OP, and the OP bought this game to keep. Just thinking about a temporary solution that isn't the garbage of JJP offering to take back the game.

#455 2 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

I agree with you 100%. Sorry if my post alluded to a different conclusion. I know the OP, and the OP bought this game to keep. Just thinking about a temporary solution that isn't the garbage of JJP offering to take back the game.

Gotcha. Reply wasn't directed at you specifically.

You know RB? My deepest sympathy.

#456 2 years ago
    Quoted from nicoy3k:

is JJP refusing to send you replacement upper playfields as well?

Yes

#457 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

Gotcha. Reply wasn't directed at you specifically.
    You know RB? My deepest sympathy.

He loves me.

#458 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

If the ink isn't sticking to the wood, it probably doesn't matter how long you let it sit.

Agree that all playfields will have the same issue as long as they don't change how they make them. However, taking the proper precautions in a rebuild can most likely prevent the issue. I have had mylar and clear washers on my posts for 6 months and they are fine after 1000+ plays, even on posts that originally had problems. This game is a long player with constant 6 ball multiball so 1000 plays is really equivalent to 5000+ on a normal game.

I sound like a broken record but you can still play and enjoy your game. There zero evidence that these issues get worse once addressed. If I had a replacement playfield I would just keep in the box forever for peace of mind.

That said, JJP needs to resolve the issue and provide perfect replacement playfields to everyone affected.

#459 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Yeah not sure that theory sticks. Many of the first batch of games had issues and those were stalled for close to a year waiting for Covid to pass. Don't think time will fix this. And from the few pics shown may actually be worse. Early ones simply pooled which I can repair. Later ones cured and shattered the CC.

Well, that’s why it’s a theory. I’m hoping they will rework them like Stern did with JP eventually, as
    I know a swap is probably in my distant GNR future.

#460 2 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

Or they could just send him a populated playfield and ask him to send back his existing playfield.. then they can put whoever they want on the one with problems.

at least they could send the bad ones back to mirco for credit

#461 2 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

at least they could send the bad ones back to mirco for credit

Mirco told me it’s JJP’s fault not theirs. Straight from their mouth.

#462 2 years ago

There have to be enough lawyers on here for a legal team, let's get it!

#463 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Kaneda was alluding to this subject being covered in his episode 500 that he won't air. Something about Lawlor refusing to work with Mirco on a solution.

#464 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Mirco's Digital printed Playfields have been shit ever since he started making them, its not rocket science

#465 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Playfield quality control. Looking good. I was told mine passed the test. I’m serious. I was told that.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

does this post unscrew or do you have to take the upper playfield out to get it out?

#466 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

does this post unscrew or do you have to take the upper playfield out to get it out?

It unscrews

#467 2 years ago

Post deleted...sorry...as I was trying to help.

#468 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

LTG...Lloyd,
    I, along with I’m sure most Pinsiders, truly appreciate your many contributions and participation over the years, but your silence is deafening! I have no skin in the game but have been following these JJP playfield threads for years. PLEASE help these people out. Your Pinside profile says Jersey Jack Pinball, so you are part of the problem if you don’t speak up on behalf of JJP or assist in getting JJP to deal with the problem head on, fix it, and also compensate current customers with issues. This has gone on long enough...be part of the solution! I can’t imagine the position you are in as I know you truly care about pinball and the pinball community, that is not disputed. But, please do the right thing, I know you know what that is.
    Thanks in advance.
    I’m truly sorry to each and every one of you that have playfield issues with your GnR and the other previous titles affected. Just so some won’t accuse me of being a “fanboy” of JJP’s competition and are only here to stir the pot and make JJP look bad, my Catwoman Edition BM66 also has significant dimpling, pooling around a few posts, and two chips. One at the ball guide by the Penguin scoop and one by a slingshot narrow post. Also, I let it sit for 30 days after setting it up with hopes that it would help in case it was a possible clearcoat curing issue, nope! And yes it bothers me, so I know how all of you must feel with even worse defects. I want ALL manufacturers to be successful as more pinball and variety is good for everyone!
    I also am starting a thread to get JJP’s (Lloyd’s) attention. I will “bump” it as necessary until Lloyd posts in this thread. I apologize to you again Lloyd as I know this is NOT your fault, but my hope is that you can help these people in some way. Please, no hard feelings, I hope you understand.
    -Wayne

You are barking up the wrong tree. Lloyd's job is remote tech support. Riding his ass on here is pretty shitty when he has no control over anything in Chicago. If he goes and raises a stink, he's could wind up being on the outside looking in...and that's not cool either.

#469 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

You are barking up the wrong tree. Lloyd's job is remote tech support. Riding his ass on here is pretty shitty when he has no control over anything in Chicago. If he goes and raises a stink, he's could wind up being on the outside looking in...and that's not cool either.

Couldn’t he help though?

#470 2 years ago

I’m honestly just trying to help...is there another JJP representative on Pinside that should be addressed instead of Lloyd?

#471 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

Couldn’t he help though?

Going after Lloyd is like kicking puppies...you just don't do it. That guy is a wealth of knowledge, always willing to help, and always has a positive face on here. He doesn't deserve that, nor do I think he really has the power to do anything. I am 100% sure JJP is well aware what is going on. Try another angle.

#472 2 years ago

If there is, I will gladly edit my post and the other thread if there is someone else on Pinside more appropriate to handle this. He’s the only Pinsider I know that says Jersey Jack Pinball in his profile.

#473 2 years ago

I think you need to take that post down, it's bang out of order to go after Lloyd. You can't tar him with the same brush.

#474 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Going after Lloyd is like kicking puppies...you just don't do it. That guy is a wealth of knowledge, always willing to help, and always has a positive face on here. He doesn't deserve that, nor do I think he really has the power to do anything. I am 100% sure JJP is well aware what is going on. Try another angle.

I am fully aware of his value, positivity, and willing to help as I put in my post. I am NOT attacking him...just looking for someone, anyone from JJP to address this issue and help these people out.

#475 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

If there is, I will gladly edit my post and the other thread if there is someone else on Pinside more appropriate to handle this. He’s the only Pinsider I know that says Jersey Jack Pinball in his profile.

I believe Jody is saying that it is inappropriate to direct any of this towards Lloyd.
    I agree.

#476 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

I believe Jody is saying that it is inappropriate to direct any of this towards Lloyd.
    I agree.

Is there another Pinsider associated with JJP that I can direct it to?

#477 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

There was one YEARS ago but he split during the WOZ light board issues. He ran hot. If he was still here, this would be spectacular.

#478 2 years ago

pinball owner: My GNR CE is damaged and worth less!!

Pinball owner #2: How much you want for it?

Pinball owner: $18K!! Don't low ball me!!

Sorry for the humor, it's a strange situation and I honestly feel bad for the CE owners that are affected.

#479 2 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

This thread combined with my recent root canal requiring a post and crown made me think.

Sorry to hear about that. Any pooling or chipping around the post yet?

#480 2 years ago

It’s unanimous that this was the wrong angle, I was sincerely trying to help...I will delete the above post and the other thread...good luck guys...I hope you get taken care of.

#481 2 years ago

How do I delete a post...I’ve never actually done it!

#482 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

How do I delete a post...I’ve never actually done it!

Just edit everything out and ask a mod to delete or lock it. No worries man, hindsight is usually 20/20.

#483 2 years ago
    Quoted from Genjuro:

Or they could just send him a populated playfield and ask him to send back his existing playfield.. then they can put whoever they want on the one with problems.

I was told it is hard to send in just playfield, hard to package and ship without damage.

So I told them hey I will drive it right to your Chicago facility, you fix my game under warranty and I will pick it up. (Just a like a car LOL.) Nope no dice they did no want me to do that or fix the playfield.

I guess that sums up and shows you that they don't want to fix this claim under warranty. My distro paid out of his pocket to get me a new playfield.

#484 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

pinball owner: My GNR CE is damaged and worth less!!
    Pinball owner #2: How much you want for it?
    Pinball owner: $18K!! Don't low ball me!!
    Sorry for the humor, it's a strange situation and I honestly feel bad for the CE owners that are affected.

I get the irony and chuckled. Problem is, it’s not just CE owners. It’s LE and SE too. If we stay focused on CE playfields only then you’re right, it’s such a small issue in that your resale value is still thousands above retail; but this is not the case for LE/SE owners.

Bottom line, fix your shit JJP. Not just for future owners, but to keep existing ones. Love my GNR, and when I got it I had 0 intentions of buying another Stern game anytime soon. Fast forward 6 months, I now have 0 intentions of buying a JJP game Ever again. This experience reminded me why stern is so superior in every way, you only have yourselves to thank for that, JJP.

#485 2 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Just edit everything out and ask a mod to delete or lock it. No worries man, hindsight is usually 20/20.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

#486 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

Seems like Jacks cell number has been posted a multiple times. Give him a call. While not the current decision maker he has more voice then kicking #LTG.

#487 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Seems like Jacks cell number has been posted a multiple times. Give him a call. While not the current decision maker he has more voice then kicking #LTG.

I did call Jack left a message, but never heard back from him.

#488 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I did call Jack left a message, but never heard back from him.

Call again. Seems important to you why would you stop at one message?

#489 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

It’s unanimous that this was the wrong angle, I was sincerely trying to help...I will delete the above post and the other thread...good luck guys...I hope you get taken care of.

I don't necessarily think it was the wrong angle. If Lloyd and distro's and others started raising a giant stink maybe things would get fixed. Lloyd is great but he can't just sit back and act like this is OK or go radio silent on the matter either. This is a real problem and he could have some impact possibly. The part about this hobby that has always irked me is people sitting back keeping their mouths shut for fear of getting shut out by Stern or JJP or whoever. It is OK for people to speak up and it is OK to shine negative light on the companies that deserve it. No company is perfect but it comes down to how they fix mistakes and treat customers and JJP is failing majorly.

#490 2 years ago

My game just left my house and I did t lose a dollar. The PF was perfect but I don’t want to take the chance. The pinsider that bought it is a very nice guy and it was a pleasure to meet him. I sincerely hope he has no issues with it and he enjoys the game. I will never consider JJP again, ever.

#491 2 years ago
    Quoted from wrb1977:

You can reach out to Keith Johnson. His pinside handle is pinball_keefer. He's mainly software though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinball_keefer

Alternatively, you can reach out to Steve Zamonski. He's customer service. His pinside handle is pinballomatic. *warning* - he can be cranky. At least that's been my experience with him. Admittedly, I'm a persistent asshole though.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/pinballomatic

#492 2 years ago

I think you should be more worried/mad about deeproot. Also their games are showing pooling in the pictures too.

#493 2 years ago

JJP rn reading all these playfield issues

6797C380-B0CA-4903-BA56-D61CEA0BD0BA.jpeg6797C380-B0CA-4903-BA56-D61CEA0BD0BA.jpeg
    #494 2 years ago
    Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Admittedly, I'm a persistent asshole though.

Can't disagree with that.

#495 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Call again. Seems important to you why would you stop at one message?

My Distro bought me a new playfield. I am moving on I guess.

#496 2 years ago
    Quoted from littlecammi:

Can't disagree with that.

Yep, guilty. Of course, I wouldn't need to be a persistent asshole if my JJP shit wasn't defective to begin with. Or if they'd just handled my request like I asked. A populated playfield swap. Had they just handled it, I'd have gone on my merry way and never said anything again. But that's not how it went down, so here I am, spouting off like a broken record. I won't shut up about this issue until they fix it for me. Ideally, for everyone else affected too.

#497 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My Distro bought me a new playfield. I am moving on I guess.

So he paid for it and got it from who?!

#498 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

He paid for it and it is on order. He let me know it will take quite a while to get. Hopefully a long time long enough to be a good PF.

#499 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

He paid for it and it is on order. He let me know it will take quite a while to get. Hopefully a long time long enough to be a good PF.

Which distributor? Other Pinsiders may want to give him their business.

#500 2 years ago
    Quoted from Skyemont:

Post 382 showed that they were willing to sell him a playfield. Sell not give I suspect.

gfg (resized).jpggfg (resized).jpg
    There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnrce-playfield-issues/page/10?hl=rolls-royce and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.