• Latest reply 2 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6FED8063-7DE4-425F-A82C-78D9FB25697B.gif
150D0EFD-436C-440D-881E-65F3A4C87DF0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Disagree. It’s one of the most exciting games to play your first session. Once I learned the rules, I really never wanted to play it again. It basically has one rule and everything else in the game funnels you back to that one rule. Song jackpots. Nothing else matters. That’s incredibly boring after the initial wow factor wears off.

I feel kinda the same way as you about the rules but don’t find the game boring. At least not yet. I’m going to give it some more time in hopes the next major code update improves things and brings the album modes more into play. Without some changes the game will basically be a one trick pony

1 week later
#151 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

An unnamed podcasters argument is: GNR is a concert in a box, so who cares it shoots like a slow moving dog and has no mechs. He says its a different flavor of pinball on a 27” regular LCD screen, to be consumed at the insane concert in a box price of: $13,500.00!!!
Amazon sells a GNR concert in a box for $20 in Blu-ray, that plays on a 65 inch or bigger OLED screen, coupled to a high end sound system that blows away GNR’s comparatively weak stereo system. All for $20 you get a far better concert experience!!!
Godzilla has mechs galore and gives us real pinball players exciting pinball experiences. Not a GNR concert in a box with questionable geometry, that after playing the 50th time becomes so monotonous with no real mechs that owners want to get rid of it. Smart people are starting to sell them off and buy Godzilla. That should tell us something about how long a “concert in a box” experience will last in the home. Best advice: sell GNR, buy Godzilla and spend $20 for a GNR concert for a far better experience and own both for far less money!!!

Although I can see your points, I think the main thing you don’t get is GNR is a scoring based game versus a progression game. At least at this point, because that is what the code is all about. It’s about scoring and building jackpots. No one is playing GNR to get through the album modes. I softly say “fuck” to myself every time I start a god damn Slash Solo!

There hasn’t been a pin that is based almost entirely on scoring since what? System 11’s? Everything today plays like a video game. Some like it and some obviously don’t’.

I will at least wait until code matures before I choose to sell it. I think GNR is a “wide game” right now instead of a deep game (I stole that term from someone today), but that doesn’t mean a couple of code updates couldn’t make this into something epic!

That said GZ is the only game that has crossed my mind about trading it for.

#158 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I don’t know shit, but here it goes .I own a GnR and think it would have been “Better” if the songs had a ball max .There’s 21 songs so some 1 ball ,some 2 ball etc.Still have the ball locks and love the targets changing the song/album ,but maybe 1 ball songs and 4 locked you get 4 ball saves ,2 ball song and 6 locked you get 3 saves .Something like that .Does it make sense ?

This makes great sense

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 125.88
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ChainsawMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,249 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temple, TX
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Brookings, OR
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mattyk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-vs-godzilla?tu=mattyk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.