• Latest reply 2 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6FED8063-7DE4-425F-A82C-78D9FB25697B.gif
150D0EFD-436C-440D-881E-65F3A4C87DF0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 2 years ago

I can understand people may not like GnR, but some of the reasons they provide are really weak.

They play one specific machine and make blanket statements about every GnR having weak flippers or 90% right ramp rejects, left orbit is hard to hit, or skill shot sucks so game sucks (same skill shot didn't hurt the love for TZ.)

The multiball complaint is more legit, but it's really because they believe multiball must only be a special achievement because that's all they've known. Fair enough.

But only when one can understand the 2 ball modes are not an achievement to score jackpots in a traditional sense, the game opens up and a player can see the game differently.

It's a step to build song value for what is the real multiball toward the the risk/ reward element.

Again, not a game for everyone, but it's still a brilliant game. (Btw, so is TSPP, but apparently some people don't appreciate that game either.)

1 month later
#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Plus it destroys any excitement multiball can carry

This is a classic comment demonstrating a lack of understanding of the rules for GnR.

It is not like a Stern game and thinking it should be will disappoint those who only conceive multiball as Stern games have defined them.

In GnR, it's a means to a strategy- building a big risk reward payoff for later.

I like both Stern and JJP, but apart from different themes, many newer Stern's started to feel the same.

I still like my Sterns, but damn, without some variety, playing only Sterns gets repetitive to me.

The familiar similarity playing Stern games seems to be an important draw for many who dislike JJP.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Where are you getting this from? Most pinheads I know play games from all companies. I own jjp, stern, w/b, Gottlieb, and, Capcom. I just stated that 90s w/b defined mb correctly.
GnR is way over the top heavy on multiball. It just is.

There is no "correct" mb. They just have different implementations and purposes.

You state that the 90's B/W games have defined mb correctly. I get it. That's my point.

I agree that GnR would feel top heavy in mb only if we can't distinguish the booster mb's main purpose is not as an achievement to collect several jackpots before lighting a Super.

Yes, that would indeed be lame.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

after playing the 50th time becomes so monotonous with no real mechs that owners want to get rid of it. People are starting to sell them off and buy Godzilla.

Another fact filled endorsement.

#154 2 years ago
Quoted from Mattyk:

There hasn’t been a pin that is based almost entirely on scoring since what? System 11’s?

You make a great point.

I think Beatles fits the mold as well. Super fun game that you play for score, not modes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 2.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Chrome Candy

$ 210.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

9,000 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
BomberMods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RTS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-vs-godzilla?tu=RTS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.