Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Chochi_ca
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

So I bought a gnr with the trap door coil burnt and missing the linkage. The z connector under the playfiled was disconnected. I have replaced the coil and fabricated new linkage. When I connect the z connector under the playfield and power up machine in blows f7 on the ppb board instantly? Without the z connector for the door coil all other 32v coils work properly. Please help me. Only thing left for fully functioning gnr!

#2 7 years ago

Check coil diode (if it has one) polarity against wiring diagram.

#3 7 years ago

I replaced the bad diode. Now when I power up and go into diagnostics. The trap door fires when other coils do. Knocker, scoop, vuk, eject, ball launch, ball release and 6 ball lockout all fire the trap door also. My coil also started to smoke while cycling through coils... damn it. Any ideas ?

#4 7 years ago

It smoked because it was "on duty" too long, firing along with the other coils.

Are you sure you have the diode polarity correct?

#5 7 years ago

I have the brown wire on the banded side of the diode. I don't c +/- markings on the terminals of the coil? I didnt think it mattered how coil was wired as long as diode the right way ?

#6 7 years ago

Yes, that looks right, BRN to band. Yes, the coil itself has no polarity.

Since you know the circumstance for sure, de solder the brown wire while you troubleshoot the logic that is firing it with every other solenoid. You need to study your schematics...I will try to get a peek at the circuit later

6 months later
#7 6 years ago

So I finally got back to the machine. I still have not been able to solve the trap door issue. The coil locks on soon as I power up the machine. The diode on the coil is good and polarity. Not sure what to look at schematic wise. Help appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (OBO)
$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-trap-door-coil-blowing-f7-fuse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.