(Topic ID: 229325)

GNR - Slow Motion Flippers

By 1iblind

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I'm working on a GNR that has flippers that move very slowly. The upper left flipper doesn't work at all. When I activate the left flipper, hold it, then activate the right flipper, the right flipper moves even slower. Both lower flippers have been rebuilt with new everything. I also tried a working flipper board from another game and got the same results.

#2 5 years ago

I tired a known good PPB board and my upper left flipper now works. Another thing to note is the only the bottom LED on the flipper board lights when the left flipper button is pressed. No LED lights when the right flipper button is pressed.

#3 5 years ago

I'm having this issue on my Checkpoint and I believe it's a bad Power supply, but not sure.

#4 5 years ago

After the replacement PPB the upper flipper worked. I had the wires off the EOS switches. I jumped the wires and everything worked perfectly. I soldered the wires to the EOS switches and everything was still good. I played a game with the glass off and backbox open. Still good. I then turned the game off, put everything back together, turned on the game and now I'm back to the upper flipper not working and both lower flippers being really slow. Checked all fuses with a meter and non are blown.

#5 5 years ago

I had a similar problem with a wpc 89 game and swapped flipper board fixed problem. Flipper was weak and slow motion.

#6 5 years ago

I had this. It ended up being a fuse. Don't forget flipper board inside cabinet.

#7 5 years ago

Recheck the fuses in hand. Beep test them all one by one.

#8 5 years ago

I replaced my flipper board and still had issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-slow-motion-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.