IMG_3546.JPG
IMG_3547.JPG
IMG_3545.JPG
slash.jpg
IMG_20131009_145447_740.jpg
IMG_20131009_150214_736.jpg
IMG_20131009_150309_581.jpg
IMG_20131009_150000_471.jpg
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 9 years ago

so whats the highest bid in?

#102 9 years ago

I had never played a GNR until a couple of summers ago, and now that I can scratch if off my "need to play" list, I see what the fuss is about. I really dig it... and if I'm being totally honest, I kind of enjoyed Chinese Democracy. I'm not a big enough of fan to consider it in my lineup (given my limited space), but this particular machine looks pretty damn cool, given its history.

#103 9 years ago

these silent auction things are lame. Post a price, if you get no takers, keep lowering it until it's gone. Or throw it on ebay for $1 and see where it goes. I've done it many of times.

C.D. has 1 great song on it and 3 fairly good songs. Wasn't the worst album i've ever heard, but holy crap is Axl's voice trashed.

#105 9 years ago

I guess someone really wanted that bad. 5k. Ooof. With shipping included that's not really so bad if it really is mint inside and out. No burnt connectors, no chia pet inside the battery holder...ect.

#106 9 years ago

nice topper !

#107 9 years ago

Hello everyone. I am back briefly. So I have received a lot of offers. I think a silent auction affords more privacy. There may be a serious fan/collector who doesn't want anyone to know the investment they make in this machine. I will say if you offered less than $6500 you may not be in the running. I have received no less than 20 offers above that. I have also received a handful of offers well above that mark that I need to verify. And 2 open ended bids... whew (not sure on how serious---no offense).

I will be visiting my buddy tomorrow. He is talking with the owner tonight about me picking up the machine and bringing it to my house so I can arrange for pick up (Hopefully by the weekend) . I will also be able to take more pictures if needed. He told me today that the machine in no way has more than a couple handful of plays so yes, below 100. He also told me that the owner didn't ask Axl to sign it because Slash signed it first or some story like that, have to verify it. It's an interesting story I'm sure. There will also be a lot of extras that I have to get a list of. Not just pinball stuff but media releases etc.. don't know all the specifics yet.

#109 9 years ago

omg this is getting good lol

#110 9 years ago

Isnt this essentially running an auction on the marketplace, which is against the rules? Not being a prick, but this is an auction however you want to view it. Sellit however you wish, just take this crap offline.

#111 9 years ago

I was maybe thinkin' about going $5k ...but yeah...sounds like they're trying to get it up to $7k. I'll just play AC/DC & Metallica

#112 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was maybe thinkin' about going $5k ...but yeah...sounds like they're trying to get it up to $7k. I'll just play AC/DC & Metallica

Well, if you really want to play some GnR, you can come play mine. Albeit not signed by Slash.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, if you really want to play some GnR, you can come play mine. Albeit not signed by Slash.

I wonder if my old one is still w/ the people I sold it to...hmmm. Eh, even if I talked them into selling it back - I don't wanna lug it down those stairs lol

#114 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I don't wanna lug it down those stairs lol

It is one big beast! I would say mine is bolted to the floor, but it stays there all on it's own.
GnR wears it's size well though.

#115 9 years ago

Is your retired record company executive friend in a "bad place" right now financially? If not, $6500 for a GNR is ridic money, even if it is signed by Slash.

#116 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Isnt this essentially running an auction on the marketplace, which is against the rules? Not being a prick, but this is an auction however you want to view it. Sellit however you wish, just take this crap offline.

If I am violating a rule by all means let me know and I will correct that. I am only take PMs from people who are interested in buying it. Anyone who posted a "bid" on this thread never received a direct response or message from me. I have only responded to PMs. I didn't realize there would be so many negative responses to me trying to get this machine into a pin collector hands. Sorry for upsetting some of you guys.

#117 9 years ago

I have no problem with it. Good luck with the sale.
maybe the owner should arrange whoever
pays $7000 or more. for the pinball a meet and greet and
jam session with Slash.. keep this thread going
i wanna know how this plays out

#118 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, we agree on something. We should put a star sticker on the calendar.

I think he puts way more value in slashes signature and the plaque for someone nobody really knows about, way more than he should. If it was Slashes copy of the game, with HIS name on that plaque. Yea, your going to get more than a standard nice GNR would go for. Hell. If it was slashes, I would even be tempted to pay 7k for it. Especially if I got to meet him when I picked it up. But just because it has a score card signed that anyone could get signed. Just go to one of his shows and get your instruction card signed.

A jam session would be awesome, but I don't know what the hell I could Jam with. I don't think Slash could lay down some riffs with me cranking on the didgeridoo.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from tompallc:

If I am violating a rule by all means let me know and I will correct that. I am only take PMs from people who are interested in buying it. Anyone who posted a "bid" on this thread never received a direct response or message from me. I have only responded to PMs. I didn't realize there would be so many negative responses to me trying to get this machine into a pin collector hands. Sorry for upsetting some of you guys.

The bids you are taking via PM's make this an auction any way you cut it. But, I guess if no one steps in to stop it, let the auction continue...

#120 9 years ago

Neo, if this was your sale, you know it would be around there as well. Come on man....

It's a home use GNR signed by Slash. Good shape ones were going easy in the 4500-5k range.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Neo, if this was your sale, you know it would be around there as well. Come on man....
It's a home use GNR signed by Slash. Good shape ones were going easy in the 4500-5k range.

Bingo. If this example is the real deal (single owner, very low plays, no cosmetic issues), it's easily worth 6k (which is the price I submitted). Since I have a real nice example that plays great, I'm not that interested (the signature/plague doesn't do much for me). If I didn't already own one, I'd likely go as high as 6.5k. Don't like the pin or band enough to go any higher (but I'm sure there are guys that would gladly pay 7k).

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I sold my GNR for $5500 and it was dialed in and minty all around. So no, I wouldn't be at 7k for a GNR. And 18 months ago, you could get that. Prices have dropped on this one since then. They are going down not up on this title. AC/DC has been overpowering it on the rock pins. GNR used to be the best rock pin, until AC/DC came out, then Metallica took it's lion share of the pot as well. GNR is starting to get dated now.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

GNR used to be the best rock pin, until AC/DC came out, then Metallica took it's lion share of the pot as well. GNR is starting to get dated now.

It is still my favorite of the three, and in another twenty years it will probably still be holding it's ground.

#124 9 years ago

agree completely with you o-din.. for a 20 year old pin. G N R never gets boring. its a great machine all around for its time. KISS Pinball should drop in price then if G N R is.

#125 9 years ago

Wait until it is time to pony up. You will be going down your offer list pretty quickly...

No offense meant but everyone wants it til it comes time to pay

#126 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I sold my GNR for $5500 and it was dialed in and minty all around. So no, I wouldn't be at 7k for a GNR. And 18 months ago, you could get that. Prices have dropped on this one since then. They are going down not up on this title. AC/DC has been overpowering it on the rock pins. GNR used to be the best rock pin, until AC/DC came out, then Metallica took it's lion share of the pot as well. GNR is starting to get dated now.

Might be true, but they go best as a threesome!

image.jpgimage.jpg
#127 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Whatever, prices have not dropped. Not to mention who wouldn't add another 2-3K for a huo of the same primo 90s pin. I would do that in a second with any of my pins if one was to come up.

If yours was huo with a signature, it would have been at least 10, and that's being generous for your prices.

#128 9 years ago

I disagree. I thought $5500 was stupid money already. Hence why I let it go. Was stupid money in my eyes.

#129 9 years ago

The "Slash" episode of South Park is on right now. That is all.

#130 9 years ago

Cool machine! I actually think $7k is about right for this. If I didn't have one, I'd offer that.

Lots of mis-info in this thread though. The Best Buy deal did not make Axl rich. In fact, the majority of the money from that deal went to pay off the $13M that Axl and Co had racked up in recording costs over the years (Remember he started working on CD in the 90's). Axl is rich because of the GNR royalties, touring and licensing. Also because when UYI hit, he purchased one of the nicest properties in Malibu for cash, and still lives there (it's in the Estranged video). He really only spends money on cars. He's not into drugs, never lost all his money in a divorce (Erin sued him later, but it was a relatively small settlement), so he avoided a lot of those pitfalls that broke rockers make.

Nevertheless, a nice survivor GNR with topper and built for band management is a very desirable machine. If I didn't have one, I'd submit an offer. Congrats in advance to whoever lands it!

#131 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I disagree. I thought $5500 was stupid money already. Hence why I let it go. Was stupid money in my eyes.

But it's just if someone wants to buy it money, not that they have to or are serious. It's ok then right?

#132 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

But it's just if someone wants to buy it money, not that they have to or are serious. It's ok then right?

Everyone has a "I can't say no" price on every game they own. EVERYONE. If someone wants something bad enough and throw enough cash your way, you will sell.

#133 9 years ago

Whats the latest news on G N R?? Has the machine been sold?
and if so what did it go for.. thanks

#134 9 years ago

I too am interested... I dropped out at $6500

#135 9 years ago

Guys, not sure what the owners are doing but I haven't been in touch with them since last Wednesday. I think they are out of town. I will keep updating as I hear something. I'm interested if it has sold also. I passed along contact info and offers that I received at the end of last week and I did not get a reply. I was supposed to meet them this weekend to take pictures and hopefully take the machine with me but again no contact. Maybe somebody swooped in with a crazy offer.

#136 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Went to two of their shows... they were very late both times, axl sounded horrible at the 2nd show - a tripleheader with Metallica and Faith No More .. GnR sucked compared to the other two performances. I like their albums but Axl can blow off

Was that at the Meadowlands? I saw those three there. FNM sounded pretty good. GNR didn't come out until after midnight. At about 2 oclock we left. Turns out that song was the last one as someone threw a bottle at Axl and he ran off stage cryin.

#137 9 years ago

hmmm all I have to say is caveat emptor!

#138 9 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

Turns out that song was the last one as someone threw a bottle at Axl and he ran off stage cryin

Is that when the bottle hit him in the crotch?

#139 9 years ago
Quoted from nsmith:

hmmm all I have to say is caveat emptor!

I wouldn't say that (buyer beware). I do believe people do other things besides buy, sell and trade pinball machines. I am a little disappointed that I couldn't go see the machine and take better pictures this weekend, but I trust my buddy. I doubt anyone would dish out big dollars before verifying everything is good. I guess we will have to all wait and see how this turns out. I honestly thought it would be an easy deal. Then again, I haven't tried to really sell any of my machines, so I'm a noob at that.

#140 9 years ago

Bottle to crotch=crying. How's his voice been since?

#141 9 years ago

Let's. See GnR sold new 20 years ago for what 2500 to 2700. Its a great pin. A good con. One runs like 4000 to 5000 gs. What do think acdc or a met is worth 20years from now . I was offer a Met pem . ddom for 5500 thats a drop of 1700 in like what 3 months.

#142 9 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I too am interested... I dropped out at $6500

Wow, you put a lot more value on a signed instruction card than most than. Must be a $2000 card to you. I think you can get his autograph cheaper in person, and he might even put your name on it.

#143 9 years ago

To me, an autograph is worth what Archie Bunker offered a plumber to come to his home at 801 Houser St. on Christmas eve; "An extra buck".

#144 9 years ago

I like Guns N Roses in all but if you are paying as much as a NIB Premium ACDC that is crazy IMO... Is this machine unique, sure, is it collectible, not really IMO... Maybe if the plaque had Slash's name on it, but IMO I would not pay the extra premium for this machine...

#146 9 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

if you are paying as much as a NIB Premium ACDC that is crazy IMO

One thing to remember is that there may not be any more NIB GnRs, and probably never will be . To find one that is close to that in condition is always worth a premium, Slash signature or not.

#147 9 years ago

not that much of a premium. Mine was just as minty as that one and I sold it for $5500. Which is stupid money. I sure the hell wouldn't pay $5500 for a GNR. minty or not. Hence why I sold it.

#148 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Mine was just as minty

The OP still hasn't posted good enough pics to determine how minty this one really is. But I am sure if an NIB one surfaced, it would fetch way more than that.

#149 9 years ago

mine was pretty much damn near perfect. NIB is a whole different animal, than perfect or restored examples. People line up to lose $1000's to buy an old NIB game only to have the boards look like a chia pet, and lose about $5 grand as soon as you pop the staples.

#150 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

mine was pretty much damn near perfect.

Those seem to be getting harder to come by. I know a guy that paid over 6k recently for a pretty nice one with some extra parts. If it's a game you like, then it is worth more to you than buying what somebody else likes. I haven't seen too many GnRs come to market lately that were overly nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.95
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 162 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-signed-by-band/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.