• Latest reply 1 year ago by Eskaybee
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJP-GNR-rulesflow_rev2 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

Let's talk rules and strategy. I've only had the machine less then a week and I've been slowly learning the table.
Looks like you have to play a song from each album, and activate Slash Solo + Tour Multiball to get to Not In This Lifetime wizard mode. Also collecting patches can help you in specific ways - anyone know about the Concert + T-Shirt patch combo to light EB? I get the T-Shirt patch but what's the concert patch?
I find you can lock a ball right out of the shooter lane when lit but it's got to be just perfect. A slight nudge to the left as it departs the shooter lane seems to help prevent the SDTM drain.
I got to Slash Solo 2x so far. Both times I used the Slash's Hat patch and had good games. I sometimes unlock Patience with the GnR Lies patch but that's kind of a waste unless you just want to plat the song.
What patches do you like to start out with? What's your strategy so far?

JJP-GNR-rulesflow_rev2 (resized).jpgJJP-GNR-rulesflow_rev2 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

And what happens if you collect all the roses for Axl?

9 months later
#3 2 years ago

Here in an old thread necromancy for a question:

How do I qualify patience on GnR? I see the path that says it does it. How do I qualify the path? I’ve never watched any of the gameplay videos…

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Here in an old thread necromancy for a question:
How do I qualify patience on GnR? I see the path that says it does it. How do I qualify the path? I’ve never watched any of the gameplay videos…

Get lies patch by lightning GnR inlane after patch is selected. Hit action button at start of song and select patience.

6 months later
#5 1 year ago

..and still there are some questions left:

• What is that "FOG"-target on the upper playfield for?
  • In the list of mystery-awards there's "+X groupies". What is it for? (i've disabled 'explicit videos' cause of kids)
  • What are the best combos of badges?
  • Are there any 'important' tipps to maximize points? (important badges, relevant order, priority during songs,...)
#6 1 year ago
Quoted from drgary:

..and still there are some questions left:

What are the best combos of badges?

Are there any 'important' tipps to maximize points? (important badges, relevant order, priority during songs,...)

Here’s My latest go to strat that I’ve been having a lot of fun with, hopefully I explain this to make some sense. Keep in mind there’s a lot of gray areas and situational pinball decisions to be made, but:

First off, I almost always go for fender patch first. See end of post for next patches.

• song mode 1: scoring is typically lower so I pick a long song from UYI-1 and mainly go for powerchord multipliers and jackpots. When I drain down to one ball I’ll be sure to cash out with extra ball lit

• the intent to get back into the next song mode will be for scoring and encores (typically - sometimes I’ll cash out and take another extra ball); plus I’ll play another song from UYI-1 with the intent to build the album to diamond. That said, I’ll try to collect more patches, play the boosters, and get all 6 balls locked.

• song mode 2: is all about progressing through the waves, the deeper you get into waves, the faster you can build your applause. Also going for band frenzy. I use powerchord to plan balls for safe keeping.

• hopefully I have gotten an encore or 2 and have my album to diamond. Once I’m done with that bank of songs and back into normal play; I’ll be sure to collect the remaining album patches I haven’t gotten. Then I go into the UYI-1 Album mode.

• after that, if you’re still alive, it’s time to punch for the biggest jackpot of your life (which I have yet to do mind you), but it’s collecting AFD song patches while you relight song mode. Then it’s all about blowing up AFD songs. Your scores will be huge if you’ve survived this long.

My album mode scores have been very high with this strat. Just the other night I got 75 mil in songs and 75 mil album. I have yet to bring it to the final phase of blowing up AFD songs. Just the other night I had this chance, I was in pyro mb and had all the AFD patches and song mode lit. I contemplated draining my pyro down to one ball and starting a song but decided to play it out, what’s the worse that could happen? Sure enough, double drain - game over.

Patch strat:
All (4) sponsee patches (fender first)
(2) T-shirt + poster patch set
All (4) album patches

Alternate patches to mix in:
Duff skull, Thunder chucker and/or melissas candy
Song patches

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-rules-and-strategy-discussion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.