Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EFAF6B2C-F481-4955-87B3-2A822019DD75.gif
0FFB62C6-E2F3-4278-8EFE-50E463181A11 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I was looking through some old parts I have and came across an uncut sheet of GnR plastics (that I got from one of the game’s designers years ago) and noticed something I hadn’t picked up on before. The backboard plastic has all of the band members names listed in circles. It looks to me like originally the intent was to light up each band member as they are added during game play. Does anyone know if this feature actually went into the prototype game or was it scrapped before any games were produced?

0FFB62C6-E2F3-4278-8EFE-50E463181A11 (resized).jpeg0FFB62C6-E2F3-4278-8EFE-50E463181A11 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Now that’s cool
Love to find a uncut sheet

#3 3 years ago

Interesting.
I would be curious to know if it’s still in the games code, just unused.
If that’s the case, maybe this could be reproduced and some kind of light board could be fabricated.

There are several prototypes that have features like this that were removed before production.
A couple good examples are the drop target on Dirty Harry and the three lighted modes on Indiana Jones.
In these cases, those features can be added as the game as it is still coded for it. They were just not incorporated for production models.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Interesting.
I would be curious to know if it’s still in the games code, just unused.
If that’s the case, maybe this could be reproduced and some kind of light board could be fabricated.

No code needed if one just wanted to mimic the band member inserts on the cross - just need to fab the back panel structure and wire some lamp sockets to piggyback off each of those inserts.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

No code needed if one just wanted to mimic the band member inserts on the cross - just need to fab the back panel structure and wire some lamp sockets to piggyback off each of those inserts.

That’s what I was thinking, but A light board would be so much cleaner.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Good point.

#7 3 years ago

Where's Izzy?

#8 3 years ago

Izzy left the band in 91, pin came out in 94. I'd love to see the original lineup in the new GnR, obviously not going to happen.

#9 3 years ago

EFAF6B2C-F481-4955-87B3-2A822019DD75.gifEFAF6B2C-F481-4955-87B3-2A822019DD75.gif

#10 3 years ago

Blackjacker got it

#11 3 years ago

looks to me like the one under Duff says Dizzy?

#12 3 years ago

Has anyone added the drop target to the final run of the game , or is that not something that can be implemented ?

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

looks to me like the one under Duff says Dizzy?

Izzy is dizzy sometimes, but he isn`t Dizzy (Reed)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-prototype-question- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.