• Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7BBDBD25-DD92-4C92-86FF-F562CEC6BB3F.jpeg
sharing (resized).jpg
GG info quote (resized).jpg

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 1 year ago

What's the latest on game production and delivery for the CE's and more LE's? I have heard everything from 3 to 12 weeks... "and beyond". I see that the SE's are currently on the line and would assume some or all CE's will follow and then back to LE's, but curious to know for sure. Congratulations to JJP for building, what appears to be, such an awesome game!

#2 1 year ago

as stated in the multiple other threads. "as a distributor, I have yet to be informed on build dates for LE or CE games."

#3 1 year ago

Anyone know what is going on?

I checked with several distributors and no one has been given any idea when games are being built or when they will ship.

Should I just order direct over a distributor?

I keep seeing posts with Slash on Jersey Jack's Facebook page but nothing about when people will get their games. Maybe less posting and more building!

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from system11band:

Anyone know what is going on?
I checked with several distributors and no one has been given any idea when games are being built or when they will ship.
Should I just order direct over a distributor?
I keep seeing posts with Slash on Jersey Jack's Facebook page but nothing about when people will get their games. Maybe less posting and more building!

Pretty sure it’s not the same team...

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from system11band:

Anyone know what is going on? ...

GG info quote (resized).jpg

#6 1 year ago
sharing (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago

This one is an early production date. 7BBDBD25-DD92-4C92-86FF-F562CEC6BB3F.jpeg

#8 1 year ago

JJP knows they have a problem on their hands. Maybe it’s just a PR problem but a problem nonetheless. The silence is obviously because they and everyone knows that the minute they speak up to one distributor, whatever the news is will spread like wild fire and will raise many more questions and concerns, be misconstrued and cause more problems.

If they are smart they are formulating a coordinated message that will be shared with all distributors that can be a consistent message shared with all of us buyers on standby.

If they bungle this messaging at this critical moment, sales are on the line but time is running out. Another full week is nearly passed with no information. I hope something comes out tomorrow. Another weekend of this pot stirring and growing anxiety and concern is not good for anyone - least of all JJP.

Let me be clear. I am OK with news that’s not great on how long my wait might be. What I am not OK with is deafening silence. Responsiveness - good news or bad - is critical to keep the faith of the customer base.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

JJP knows they have a problem on their hands. Maybe it’s just a PR problem but a problem nonetheless. The silence is obviously because they and everyone knows that the minute they speak up to one distributor, whatever the news is will spread like wild fire and will raise many more questions and concerns, be misconstrued and cause more problems.
If they are smart they are formulating a coordinated message that will be shared with all distributors that can be a consistent message shared with all of us buyers on standby.
If they bungle this messaging at this critical moment, sales are on the line but time is running out. Another full week is nearly passed with no information. I hope something comes out tomorrow. Another weekend of this pot stirring and growing anxiety and concern is not good for anyone - least of all JJP.
Let me be clear. I am OK with news that’s not great on how long my wait might be. What I am not OK with is deafening silence. Responsiveness - good news or bad - is critical to keep the faith of the customer base.

AMEN!!!

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Amen + 2!!!

I’d say that’s a mic drop, but hell no don’t drop that mic. Hold it and say more next week if/when we’re still surrounded by crickets

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

There's obvious fear that buyers will back out when they realize the long wait for their machines.

Right now buyers are guessing. Once they're told a date, they can evaluate the decision. Also, JJP will be held to the delivery dates.

I haven't heard anyone backing out right now, but if you're told "by mid-May 2021" do you have the same excitement?

So it's not really a PR bungle. They're probably weighing if they'll lose more buyers by saying something vs. not saying something.

#12 1 year ago

So if you look at the picture above- not my game- notice the date and location. And if you look at the main new gnr thread- you we see the new ones being produced, are marked with an Illinois address, and present date.

How many were made months in advance? How many of what kind- SE, LE, CE? Where did they go? With a build time months back, was there a production issue that slowed things down? I mean, with months lead before release, why are there not more available right now after the public release?

#13 1 year ago
Quoted from Wmsfan:

This one is an early production date. [quoted image]

They’ve had GnR’s ready for over a year now? If it took them that long to get these few out imagine how long it will take to make the rest of them....

#14 1 year ago

If my delivery date isn’t by Dec/Jan I’m probably out on NIB. I agreed to pay full retail for an LE with the expectation of getting it soonish. If I can’t, to me there’s no sense in waiting to pay MSRP for essentially an unlimited model, I’ll be content to wait for a discount HUO at some future date.

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

If my delivery date isn’t by Dec/Jan I’m probably out on NIB. I agreed to pay full retail for an LE with the expectation of getting it soonish. If I can’t, to me there’s no sense in waiting to pay MSRP for essentially an unlimited model, I’ll be content to wait for a discount HUO at some future date.

100% agree and in the same boat. I’ve made my deposit and will pay in full tomorrow if it means I get the game before thanksgiving or sooner. If the delay is longer than that, forget it. I’d rather fill the spot with something else I can play now and circle back to GNR when it’s actually available. JJP owes its to the market to let us make that decision for ourselves.

#16 1 year ago

Thanksgiving is my cutoff as well. I have a couple days off. I'm really hoping I can play it over my break. I called my order in minutes after the official release. I'm disappointed to see people getting games that ordered later from the same distributor. I guess $20k in NIB purchases in the last few years isn't enough to be in the early game crowd with my distro.

#17 1 year ago

Y’all are funny. They won’t be making the CE till November and then likely 500 from there before an LE hits the line again. LE’s won’t ship till the new year more than likely and that’s if you ordered on day one hour one. If they make 60-100 a week, do the math and extrapolate from there. This isn’t stern. They don’t make 500 a week. The CE 500 will take over a month.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Y’all are funny. They won’t be making the CE till November and then likely 500 from there before an LE hits the line again. LE’s won’t ship till the new year more than likely and that’s if you ordered on day one hour one. If they make 60-100 a week, do the math and extrapolate from there. This isn’t stern. They don’t make 500 a week. The CE 500 will take over a month.

It's not funny, it's a reality. JJP games don't hold up well on the 2nd hand market. If I can't get it in another month the new game excitement will have worn off. I'll wait 3 months, or 6 months and save $1-2k on a HUO.

#19 1 year ago

Then do that.... every JJP has been that way. You are gonna have to wait a long while to save on a HuO for GnR because right now and for the next 3 months or so, they will all sell for more then msrp. If you didn’t order day one hour 1, you shouldn’t even be expecting a game till early next year imo. This game is a hit, sold out on day one. And has likely 2k+ Le orders. People saying they ordered last week wondering when they will get their game before Christmas lol. It’s a joke.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

The number I heard was 60 games/week...so the 500 CE's alone will take 9 weeks at that rate....who know maybe its more? My guess is thats not the hurdle. The hurdle is they don't have enough parts to build out these games as there is no way they fronted enough parts to make 500 CE's. My guess is they will build out 50-100 CE's and then have to wait months to get the rest of the parts. Their silent because they know many drop out if theres a 3-6 month wait.

#21 1 year ago

They should have just made the LE's first until the demand was satisfied. The CE buyers are already committed with a non-refundable deposit so JJP will not lose that money. The SE is mainly for locations and most are closed due to COVID so no rush in building them. But if the LE's have a big delay many will back out and just plan on getting one down the road which is not a good thing since the hype train will be long gone by then.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from chooch:

They should have just made LE's until the demand was satisfied. The CE buyers are already committed with a non-refundable deposit so JJP will not lose that money. The SE is mainly for locations and most are closed due to COVID so no rush in building them. But if the LE's have a big delay many will back out and just plan on getting one down the road which is not a good thing since the hype will be long gone by then.

Yea, but their highest profit margin is on the CE..

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yea, but their highest profit margin is on the CE..

And they sold out within 2 hours with non refundable deposits so JJP will get that money no matter what. Which is why I would make the LE first because when people back out on those JJP might never see that money again.

I'm sure the CE owners will say if JJP did that they will never buy a another CE again however people in this hobby have a very short memory and once the hype train and FOMO starts for Toy Story they will be lining up to send them money so they don't miss out.

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from chooch:

And they sold out within 2 hours with non refundable deposits so JJP will get that money no matter what. Which is why I would make the LE first because when people back out JJP might never see that money again.

So the deposits on LE's are not refundable? My guess is anyone with a CE deposit would zero issues getting their money back as that game would sell in 5 minutes....my guess is they will build games they have parts for....my guess is they have parts for some CE's, but not all....I'm sure their in major scramble mode at the moment....

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

So the deposits on LE's are not refundable? My guess is anyone with a CE deposit would zero issues getting their money back as that game would sell in 5 minutes....my guess is they will build games they have parts for....my guess is they have parts for some CE's, but not all....I'm sure their in major scramble mode at the moment....

That is a lot of guessing. I would never put money down on a JJP LE if it was not refundable since they will never sell out. The reason for the deposit on the CE is to lock you into one of the 500. People have been mentioning canceling their LE so some distributors must offer a refund however I cannot confirm they all do it. JJP LE is basically a Stern premium which is typically refundable or at least transferable to another title.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from chooch:

That is a lot of guessing. I would never put money down on a JJP LE if it was not refundable since they will never sell out. The reason for the deposit on the CE is to lock you into one of the 500.

I totally understand on the CE deposits, and yea were all guessing since JJP refuses to provide shipping dates. What we do know is play fields are all made in Germany and it takes a month for those just to land in the states.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I totally understand on the CE deposits, and yea were all guessing since JJP refuses to provide shipping dates. What we do know is play fields are all made in Germany and it takes a month for those just to land in the states.

It's an unfortunate circumstance and no matter what decision JJP makes there will be some unhappy customers. Such a shame after a killer launch and with all of those pictures of NIB machines I'm sure everyone thought they would be getting their machines sooner versus later.

#28 1 year ago

I dunno... I waited over a year since the rumors really got strong. I can wait a couple more months. It sucks, but it's reality.

#29 1 year ago

I'm soooo glad to see another GnR related thread. Not sure this is needed but I'll put it here anyway.

#30 1 year ago

Has JJP said if there is a set number of LE games that they will make?

#31 1 year ago
Quoted from MJW:

Has JJP said if there is a set number of LE games that they will make?

5000 maximum for the LE model, same as Wonka.

#32 1 year ago

I'm usually the first to say not another GnR thread but I'm glad to call this out as a sep discussion.

Vivid - you're good people so not trying to make this a dig but it's easy to respond like that when you already have an LE AND you have a CE on order. I was on my distro's list BEFORE the game was even released and not only do I not have the game, it's crickets on when they're getting more.

Something is off about this. I also think LE's should have just been focused on before moving onto others but with all of this silence, I'm wondering what else is going on at JJP that's causing this. I'm also OK with not expecting a game asap if you ordered a week after release but JJP is not telling ANY distributor about what the hell is going on with the game. They're not even outlining what the timing looks for anyone at this time YET they've taken people's money which is BS.

All JJP needs to do is provide an update (literally anything around timing) to distributors so they can filter to us. If that's too high of an expectation, that's a new low for the industry.

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from bng73:

I dunno... I waited over a year since the rumors really got strong. I can wait a couple more months. It sucks, but it's reality.

Some people hate waiting in this hobby. I've seen some CE owners saying they were buying an LE because they would get it earlier and then will sell when their CE arrives. First world problems I guess.

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'm soooo glad to see another GnR related thread. Not sure this is needed but I'll put it here anyway

What else is there to discuss? And while I'm not a fan of multiple threads GnR is the only game they are currently making so this is really a JJP discussion about production and availability.

#34 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm usually the first to say not another GnR thread but I'm glad to call this out as a sep discussion.
Vivid - you're good people so not trying to make this a dig but it's easy to respond like that when you already have an LE AND you have a CE on order. I was on my distro's list BEFORE the game was even released and not only do I not have the game, it's crickets on when they're getting more.
Something is off about this. I also think LE's should have just been focused on before moving onto others but with all of this silence, I'm wondering what else is going on at JJP that's causing this. I'm also OK with not expecting a game asap if you ordered a week after release but JJP is not telling ANY distributor about what the hell is going on with the game. They're not even outlining what the timing looks for anyone at this time YET they've taken people's money which is BS.
All JJP needs to do is provide an update (literally anything around timing) to distributors so they can filter to us. If that's too high of an expectation, that's a new low for the industry.

It's gotta be a parts issue. Why else would they switch to making the more basic SE's on the line as seen on Instagram? Isn't the SE the lowest demand & lowest profit margin version?

#35 1 year ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

It's gotta be a parts issue. Why else would they switch to making the more basic SE's on the line as seen on Instagram? Isn't the SE the lowest demand & lowest profit margin version?

Might be a playfield issue? Are the play fields different between the se and LE? I guess when you don’t update the customer the speculation becomes worse and worse the longer this drags out.

#36 1 year ago

I am in on an LE, but I agree that something is up here.

My problem is two fold, non refundable deposits and JJP told us we wouldn't have to wait long to get games when you tweet shit like this:

https://twitter.com/JJPinball/status/1312803772435890176

When I put my deposit down, I was expecting a game quickly. I'm not unreasonable, I did expect weeks, but not months. But 3 or 4 weeks in I was expecting a game, and I can't even get an ETA.

That tweet is misleading at best.

#37 1 year ago

Could be worse. Ask Rick & Morty buyers. Or better yet, ask TBL buyers.

#38 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Spooky’s been transparent about their production.

#39 1 year ago

As long as this is by far the best show in town, jjp shouldnt be to worried about it taking some time delivering.
I think people should learn to accept this, afterall what´s the alternative? Producing lots of titles with no heart put into them in order to try to keep a huge manufacturing staff at work?

I rather prefer a game a year or so, with the very best effort put in to everyone.

With that said, As soon as they are at synch with quality and production, they should focus on getting the CE´s out the door, then the LE´s esp if corona is still halting location/SE play.
Communication is ofc the most important thing.

#40 1 year ago

I'm amazed that people are amazed about JJP and GRN delivery timing. It's like you jumped in a pool because it looked fun and now you're surprised you got wet...This is how JJP does things. Everyone knows that. You knew it when you made the deposit. Just chill out and wait. If you can't chill out and wait, then just cancel. Nobody has a gun to your head and is forcing you to put down a deposit and wait.

I put down my CE deposit knowing full well it could be many months before I actually saw the game. It's all good. Hell, just yesterday and said fuck it and bought one of the last NIB Wonka LEs to keep me busy until my GNR shows up. I'll get the call when my game is on the way. Until then, I've got plenty of other shit in life to keep me busy.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

There's obvious fear that buyers will back out when they realize the long wait for their machines.
Right now buyers are guessing. Once they're told a date, they can evaluate the decision. Also, JJP will be held to the delivery dates.
I haven't heard anyone backing out right now, but if you're told "by mid-May 2021" do you have the same excitement?
So it's not really a PR bungle. They're probably weighing if they'll lose more buyers by saying something vs. not saying something.

I don’t think anyone’s gonna back out because of the FOMO from POTC, where everyone did lose the faith and as a result JJP ended production and moved on. Better to keep their heads down and keep building. The hype is high but these things are gonna get made and be out there.

#42 1 year ago
Quoted from JLebowski:

My guess is that JJP wants to get a couple hundred of each game model out in the public so that these early buyers can be the beta testers for the game and see if there are any issues with any of the parts or mechs before placing big parts orders once demand is known.

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

not really. They know when to at least expect their games.

#44 1 year ago

Does anyone know how JJP is staffing their factory? Don't forget - they just moved production from NJ to Chicago. How many people from the manufacturing line got relocated? I'm guessing a few managers - and maybe nobody else. GnR is the first new pin they're making in the new facility. How long does it take to hire and train workers? How many workers are needed to hit a production level of 50 games per week? 100? And now - I bet they are competing with Stern for manpower - if you were an hourly laborer with this kind of training already - I am sure you would be sought after by the one other guy that needs you. Behind the scenes, the need for labor has to be a big issue.

#45 1 year ago
Quoted from bng73:

Does anyone know how JJP is staffing their factory? Don't forget - they just moved production from NJ to Chicago. How many people from the manufacturing line got relocated? I'm guessing a few managers - and maybe nobody else. GnR is the first new pin they're making in the new facility. How long does it take to hire and train workers? How many workers are needed to hit a production level of 50 games per week? 100? And now - I bet they are competing with Stern for manpower - if you were an hourly laborer with this kind of training already - I am sure you would be sought after by the one other guy that needs you. Behind the scenes, the need for labor has to be a big issue.

The best and most efficient way to know this is to count the number of microwaves in the employee breakroom. I believe the formula is similar to the following: Total number of Microwaves X 2.5 = The output of pinball machines per day

#46 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The best and most efficient way to know this is to count the number of microwaves in the employee breakroom. I believe the formula is similar to the following: Total number of Microwaves X 2.5 = The output of pinball machines per day

Though you're onto something here, I fear you've forgotten the bean burrito to microwave ratio with the variable of toilets....... this equation is a mess. I'm out.

#47 1 year ago

We understand these things take time, but no indication of how much time with non refundable deposits on the line really sucks!

#48 1 year ago

The business day is nearing closure on the east coast...what are the odds we see communication today?

Zach and team are going to get pounded with questions tonight on the SE reveal stream. Should be interesting.

#49 1 year ago

Over the last 4 or 5 days, JJP's facebook page shows pictures of games on the line and games going into boxes.

Assuming these things aren't going to sit on their dock for weeks, we should start to see games popping up shortly.

#50 1 year ago

Any mention of shipping estimates on the SDTM unboxing stream? I did not get a chance to watch it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 11,000.00
$ 210.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!