Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#225 3 years ago

To put a positive spin on things:

- Anyone who got their order in within the last 4.5 months got a 1k discount and has a game worth more than they paid
    - CE buyers got all the CE perks for +2k rather than +3k

#228 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anubis330:

I've been in the hobby for a few years now and watched prices climb consistently. At what price point do people start to walk away from the hobby??? $9,500? 10,500? 12,000??? I'm curious what everyone's ceiling is. What is the most you're willing to pay for a pin???

I'm wondering that myself.

When I got into pins, $5699 for a NIB SW Pro seemed like an incredible extravagance.
    Then I discovered POTC and $9500 seemed like the ceiling I'd ever pay.
    Then I discovered Radcals and the other CE perks and it seemed like "what's another $3000 on top of the already extravagant $9500?"

$12500 is a LOT of money to spend for one game. I really don't know if I've got the stomach to go up from here, though history has shown I keep upping my own ante.

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I do pretty well for myself but this hobby is becoming a rich mans hobby. Even if I had a extra $20k layi

you are the perfect NIB buyer Stern/JJP are looking for. You keep taking the bait and until people stop they will keep going.

Yep! Will keep doing it too.

#264 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are you looking for love in this hobby?
    You aren't buying love. You are buying a pinball machine.

Correct.

#268 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

It's most likely the issue that this was done so early in a run, and not between games, and with NO notice ahead of time in case people were on the fence.

4+ months into the run is early?

#353 3 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

but they're stuck with that purple inferior artwork ; )

You should see it in person though!

#441 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

PoTC didn’t become desirable until JJP stopped production on them early and said no more. Then everybody had to have it and shot the prices up like crazy.

Demand didn't increase just because production stopped.

The real reason demand shot up is: people thought the game was going to suck due to 2 mechs being removed and weak asset use. There was quite the pinside brigade against it.

Then once people got a chance to actually play it, they realized it was still an amazing game with the faults...but by then it was too late, sales were slow enough JJP already made their call.

It's a great game that people love, that is why it remains highly sought after and at a high price.

#448 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

As more machines are released, more older machines become available for sale for those of us who dont need NIB to validate our love for this hobby.

Fair point, but consider that some of these NIBs are going UP in price over time.

#457 3 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

That’s... pretty rare tho. If there isn’t a “situation” like with something like POTC or Lebowski, the original Alien release, etc... you normally see almost immediate depreciation, as you should... once supply catches up to demand anyways.

And yet every game in my collection is worth more than I paid except for Wonka. That one is still available NIB and I’ve got so many plays on it, it’s hard to consider HUO

#467 3 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Hobbit and WOZ have gone up in value? Unless you got them for a song used they have not gone up in value. Hobbits actually tanked in value.

Prices are up across the board right now. And I added value to my WOZ by doing the 2.0 light board swap.

#469 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Umm...that doesn't mean that WOZ has gone up in value. If I fill my Jeep Cherokee with gold bars, it doesn't mean that the value of Cherokees in general has gone up.

So two ECLEs side by side, equivalent condition, one has 2.0 boards and one doesn't. Which is worth more?

This isn't adding plastic mods, this is doing substantial labor and parts swap to make it better than it was new.

#481 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

That wasn't my point at all. You claimed that WOZ (and your other machines) have increased in value - due to market forces.
    You can't add a bunch of mods to your game (regardless of their value/labor/merit) and then say that your machines are now worth more due to the changes in the marketplace.
    They are worth more because of the additional investment you have made - not because WOZ in general has gone up in value.

You make good points. I should rephrase that in the aggregate my collection is up, bolstered by a couple in-demand titles. It's kinda moot anyway, I have no plans to sell. I look forward to playing with you one day.

#523 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Some people really want a CE bad it seems
    There is GNR and then everything else
    I love my Stern LEs but this is just a whole different level of greatness
    It is what it is and there is no fighting it!

I'm really glad you're enjoying it, Iceman!

#532 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Thx brother. It’s simply an amazing experience
    Pinball, concert, sound, light show, immersion etc
    I couldn’t be happier!

Wait until you get your head around the rules...it really opens up.

#684 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Which word didn't you understand?

Unknown.jpegUnknown.jpeg
    #755 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Look man. Here's the way I see the world. There are those that have no power. Those that want power, and seek to be beholden and sycophants to those that hold it. And those that attain or acquire power, all the while they're fine that the majority of the populace suffer hardships of varying degrees daily.
    That's the way the world has, and will always work. The American Dream is designed to push people to strive, to be what they're not, to uplift past that, even though for every 1 Leonard, there are legitimately 100,000 that hope to be him, and never will. That's the American Dream, a delusion built to push us forward, give us hope where it often doesn't and won't exist. Thing is, I'm fine with that. I'm just not fine glorifying a wealthy banker as if he's a better or more worthwhile person than myself, or anyone on this board.

Here's how I see the world.

You can do one of two things:

1. Accept the world as it is, and let life happen to you.
    2. Make your life what you want it to be, identifying the change you want and taking steps to make it so.

#855 3 years ago
    Quoted from djsolzs:

You really think people are buying GNR because of Eric? They are buying it because its its Guns and Fucking Roses.

Some of us bought it because of Eric's POTC. I did.

I haven't thought about GNR since the 80s. I had a fair amount of trepidation about whether I'd like the pin or not, since I'm not a fan.

Happy to report the pin has actually made me a fan though. There's a lot of -really- great music on it.

#858 3 years ago
    Quoted from Straight_Flush:

Yep, that’s well put, I will say this for stern, they still make pins this collateral damage can afford when times get harder and they will I won’t forget the company that represented me and my budget.

I just don't get this.

Tesla makes the car I want, a 2 seater EV roadster 0-60 in under 2 seconds. However, it's 250k which is more than I am capable or willing to spend on a car.

I'm always free to try and make more if I wanted it badly enough; they just priced it high enough that it exceeds my personal threshold.

I don't blame them for this.

#860 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Haha Fat Axl
    [quoted image]

I consider this disrespectful. The band gave up ALL assets to make this pin the best it could be, and Axl contributed too.

#870 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Precisely why I DID buy one. I don't listen to opinions around here...historically speaking, they're usually misguided.

Smartest person on Pinside. Ignore the hivemind of negativity here.

#872 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank you. I haven't been wrong yet. I thought I was for about 2 minutes the first time I launched a ball on Zep because the callouts suck so bad. But I turned them down, figured out the rules, and it was REALLY addictive. (Nice tunes, too!)
    You're my favorite Pinsider of the day. Congrats.

A friend of mine (huge LZ fan) just got the LE and is absolutely loving it. He also ordered GNR LE.

#903 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

#2. GNR is an unreal pinball experience. There is no comparison. Period.

Are you on Scorbit, Iceman?

#939 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Nope, the "Back Stage" edition will be.
    I like Jack but I can't help but to poke some fun..

And yet, JJP hasn't done a "one more time" edition since WOZ/Hobbit.

#976 3 years ago
    Quoted from unlockpinball:

Are you saying that Pirates will be back on the production line with a price increase?

People really need to let this go. If it was going to happen, it would have.

#1033 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

It took me 4 months to get my CE....was it worth the wait....well its a pretty incredible package so yea I guess it was. There is almost ZERO chance I would purchase and LE now not knowing when they "might" deliver....JJP is a manufacturing company so they should have a good idea when games should be delivered. Keeping customers in the dark makes no sense to me

I was impatient but agree, definitely worth the wait. The total package is stunning.

#1065 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Not sure I understand. They had 272 "Potential" clients Looking (window shopping) to buy. How did JJP eff them over? They didn't Loose any sales as they didn't have them sold?

Asking the real questions, here.

Were ALL those 272 not on the preorder list already at the original price?
    Are ALL those 272 people out over $1000?

#1130 3 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Sure...
    Then there’s the next GNR AXLE edition...etc. please.

Uh huh. Just like the POTC Black Pearl edition.

I really do not think JJP is doing this any more.

#1139 3 years ago

With all these people "out on price" the next game should be easy to buy, right? No more CE sellouts to worry about, right?

#1170 3 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

What's another $1000 when the modern pin collector has pockets seemingly infinitely deep and needs the newest, shiniest toy in their collection? This market bubble is only going to keep expanding, this really shouldn't be surprising. If JJP had increased the price before pre-orders were open I bet nobody would say a word, but I do agree changing the price after people make pre-orders is scummy.

I don't know, I heard they are honoring the original price for people who preordered before the hike. That seems ok to me?

#1184 3 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

121 Pin Minimalist? Man and I thought 2 pins in my living room was being a Maximalist. I’m definitely doing it wrong

Stuff isn't important once you have all of the stuff, apparently.

#1205 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Maybe I'm wrong and the blind buying frenzy will continue. I won't be a part of it.

It will. I will.

#1292 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree. Just shocked that a 20 hour work day is actually legal, assuming Google is correct.

Common sense would imply there are two shifts and one can choose the schedule that works for them.

#1331 3 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Well....I hate to admit but I caved and ordered a game at the new price. I see no titles that appeal to me coming out in the future and I have a hole in my lineup. I have been assured that the price increase was due to the increased prices JJP was getting from suppliers who blame it all on covid. But anyhow I got over my butthurt after about 24 hours.
    I still say Stern will raise their prices to match and refuse to buy a new Stern game anyway over their constant quality and coding issues on new games. So I might as well buy G&R since I have played it and like it very much. So I cannot bitch about JJP anymore but will reserve my right to complain about Stern whenever the proper time arises lol.

4ze435.jpg4ze435.jpg
    #1347 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

been moderated.. Looks like pinside is leaning towards Facebook and twitter... free speech is dead, at no time did I mention politics or religion. Cancel culture full effect..Good luck America! PM me if you want to see the post, cheers to the good people standing up to this B.S!

This seems like an appropriate time for this evergreen XKCD comic...

Source: https://xkcd.com/1357/

free_speech_2x.pngfree_speech_2x.png
    #1354 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

Your right Beezleboob, fuck these guys.. Hope I opened some eyes. Thanks brother!

You definitely rolled some

#1405 3 years ago

If only we could retrain Apple's Liam robot to build pinball machines instead of tear down iPhones.

#1434 3 years ago
    Quoted from Willys45:

Does anyone else find this to be the most entertaining thread on pinside? I cannot seem to tune out no matter how much I want to. For about 3 minutes a day I am riveted!

It's like a car crash. Can't turn away. Playfield thread is the same.

#1478 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

While you may get a little traction here, you're better off complaining on a more public forum, such as their facebook page or twitter account. Many companies these days only seem to respond to down right public shaming.

Wow.

I'd argue the exact opposite.

I had a friend in the industry counsel me: give manufacturer's a chance.
    That's some of the best advice I've been given.

Assume they didn't screw you out of malice. Assume they want you to be happy with your purchase. Give them a chance to make it right.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zaphX.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=zaphX and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.