Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#819 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:What is everyone's true opinion on true valuation of GNR and others?
    For me GNR SE is a $5500 machine
    the CE is a $8400 machine
    The Big Lebowski is a $9000 machine
    Rick and Morty is a $6000 machine
    Rick and Morty BS is a $6800 machine
    MMR Royal is a $9000 machine
    Supreme turd is worth $3000
    The list goes on....
    I tend to set my own price points for games. Sometimes they align with reality and sometimes they do not. Are some of these games worth nearly what people are asking nowadays-hell no.

You can think it all you want. The market says otherwise.

I think houses, iphones, and vehicles are way overpriced, but...the market says otherwise.

#825 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

That's the thing, isn't it? It's a combination of both as I see it. We can be accountable, accept our faults in decision making, correct them, move forward with knowledge and make more empowered decisions, no matter what the stage.
    But there are also inevitable factors, forces beyond our control, that impact and influence our lives in ways that we are so utterly powerless to alter.
    One change I will definitely make, is crossing JJP off my list for NIB purchases. As an owner of two of their 6 games, that kinda sucks, but financial comfort + defining my own principles in this matter, makes a more contented me.

What about this offends your senses? Prices for manufacturing are up across the board since 2019. I mean, i get the 'it's too rich for my blood' mentality, but what about this makes you 'cross them off your list'.? Companies raise prices on items all the time.

#991 3 years ago

I'm not a huge LZ fan, but to me the pin really actually fits LZ theme pretty well. A laid back, non frantic, old style game. Might not be everyones idea of fun, but I find it hard to think anyone has any amazingly different ideas for it. LZ wasn't exactly flashy like GnR, or known for their artstyle like some other bands. Is it overpriced for what you get? Maybe...but LZ license was no way cheap.

#996 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

KK, I promise I'm done. Just handing out options for guys like me, it's not too late to sell ur LZLE and join the movement .. My pm is exploding with guys wanting to get in on doing the same thing. Lots of talented guys coming together to make a final product Led Zeppelin truly deserves.

deeproot 3.0?

#1034 3 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

My prediction is a big shift in spending on home entertainment items like pinball machines come late summer/fall timeframe. People are going to shift spending to travel and hobbies outside the home as Covid is brought under control.. As a result, my prediction is new pinball sales will return to prepandemic levels rapidly.
    These price increases are going to alienate some NIB buyers and I am not convinced this crazy rise in prices is sustainable or will even stick. Stern & JJP are going to back themselves into a corner, lose some fed up customers, and have to go to a rebate system in the future IMO. I could be wrong but their greed may come back to bite them in the ass.

We've been saying this for a few years. I agree it is crazy...but while the prices might have got a boost due to COVID...they were already headed that way before then. I doubt they are going to go down any time soon. We are just in prime nostalgia people with money timeframe. Sure, there may be a few less, but you might have more operators buying at that point to make up for it.

#1042 3 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

So you think people will continue to buy NIB games with all this pinflation and huge price increases? I disagree that pricing and demand for NIB pinballs is inelastic.
    When Covid ends, I see demand leveling to lose to prepandemic levels. Time will tell but many NIB buyers are just about priced out of the market ... to say nothing of operators who may not resume purchases post Covid. How can they make money with NIB pricing at these levels?

You keep acting like these prices suddenly went up with covid. They didn't. What DID happen is manufacturing and part prices went up. At this point it is still too early to be saying they are going to be going down any time soon - if they go down at all. I think the point is, people have been saying pinball prices are unsustainable for years, and year after year we are proven wrong. It may be YOUR limit, but there are 1000's of others who's it isn't. I agree at some point we'll reach a saturation, but travelling had little impact on game prices before covid or during covid. Pinball was hot the entire time and prices have been reflecting that. So I guess to answer your question, yes, I do think people will continue to buy NiB at these prices...in droves.

People are overthinking the price increase on GnR. Remember PoTC and how they were losing money on it? GnR is probably the same way - only this time they can't keep up with demand. They realize they aren't making enough on it to meet profit margins with the increased part/manu costs, and raised the price to meet it.

#1102 3 years ago

You know what I do when companies do that? I cancel and walk away. Don't support bad business practices. The world and especially the US has become VERY anti consumer making every excuse under the sun for bad business decisions, bad practices, bad QA and making consumers feel guilty for calling them out on it and demanding better. No. There are plenty of options in the world that are more than willing to step up and take my money.

That is..assuming, that is really what is going on here.

#1160 3 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Yeah, I'm not into the whole rose-colored glasses because I own the game mentality. Been doing it for a while (playing, collecting, etc.) and most machines, in my opinion, are either over-rated or under-rated. I know that sounds counter intuitive but what I mean is, the separation between the "BEST GAME EVER!!!" games and the "WORST GAME EVER!!!" is far less than most people care to admit. So when everyone declares a game "BEST EVER!!!!" before the scoring even has balance and there are missing modes, etc., they are excited for the experience more than objectively considering the pinball game itself. Again, just my opinion.
    GNR is a lot of fun, and yes, the light show really is the best ever. But as a pinball "game", the code needs a lot of love yet. And there's no helping the mushy flippers. Really, 60's EMs with 2" flipper bats have more snap than JJP flippers. I can't understand why they can't get that right.
    I host pinball nights a lot (pre-COVID), and will again once we're past all this. I'll msg you when I do.

That goes back to, most people can find something fun about any game if they are just throwing a few quarters at it. It becomes an entirely different mentality when it comes to throwing thousands at it.

#1213 3 years ago
    Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Like buying an expensive sports car with all the bells and whistles but comes with a 4 cylinder motor.

Eh, the flippers on R&M feel better than the flippers on CGC's MBr IMO. They do have their issues though.

#1321 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:With the insanity of the market, the real money at stern and JJP is for employees to buy games at their steep discounts and quietly sell them at market prices.

DO they get big discounts? One of the jokes we used to make in my factory days was that we were building things we couldn't afford to buy.

#1323 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I never understood this logic, what does working in a factory have to do with being able to buy the product. Is everyone that works at Boeing supposed to be able to buy their own jet? Also is everyone working in a sweat shop supposed to be happy because they can afford a T-shirt?

Making household products is not the same as making a airliner. Also, those people probably make more money. I don't assume people who build tanker ships plan to buy them.

#1370 3 years ago

I cannot believe this is still the busiest thread on pinside right now.

#1400 3 years ago

No matter how much you think you MIGHT enjoy it, factory work is still....just factory work. Monotonous, and brain numbing.

#1412 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

I've worked in mechanical assembly in environments like these. It was cool because it was kinda like getting paid to play with Legos all day.. just assembling panels with wiring, etc. It was also the first job I ever worked that had concepts like fixed break times, the roach coach would come to the location during break, etc. I was used to working straight through shifts with no breaks except for a lunch break that you took while others covered for you. So you never had those periods where everyone stops and can hang out together like you had on the assembly floor.
    But of course I was doing it just to keep busy during school breaks and make some money. I never had to face 'this is going to be my life...' so I didn't sweat the lack of potential or what years of monotony might be. It felt like vacation time to me... the demands were very simple.
    I don't remember what I got paid at the time... but it wasn't much more than minimum wage at the time. My (now) wife also worked there and was trained to work as a soldering tech and they got paid an extra dollar or two an hour. They had to do all the work that couldn't be completed by the wave soldering machines.

The only thing I miss about the work was....the 'when you're done, you're done', unlike most white collar work where they want you tethered to a phone. While doing it however, I could actually feel myself getting dumber over the years lol.

#1474 3 years ago

While you may get a little traction here, you're better off complaining on a more public forum, such as their facebook page or twitter account. Many companies these days only seem to respond to down right public shaming.

#1484 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Wow.
    I'd argue the exact opposite.
    I had a friend in the industry counsel me: give manufacturer's a chance.
    That's some of the best advice I've been given.
    Assume they didn't screw you out of malice. Assume they want you to be happy with your purchase. Give them a chance to make it right.

Most companies these days have PR people scouring social media. I didn't say it's the first thing you do, but clearly this person already did the 'right' way and didn't seem to get anything done. Coming here to vent isn't going to help him in most cases. If you can't get a response, you don't have to be a dick to them, but you can nudge them in the right direction by making it a bit more public. Companies do not like to appear to be non customer oriented when it could hit the bottom line.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.