Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#196 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

Man, this hobby is getting out of hand. I make good money and can’t afford these toys at these prices. I’m glad Nintendo switch has tons of games for cheap compared to pinball. I guess I’ll go back to dreaming and seeking used pins again. This is nuts.

yea, it is getting beyond stupid. I thought it was nuts 3 years ago, but this crap is insanely stupid.

#252 3 years ago

I do pretty well for myself but this hobby is becoming a rich mans hobby. Even if I had a extra $20k layi

Quoted from zaphX:

I'm wondering that myself.
    When I got into pins, $5699 for a NIB SW Pro seemed like an incredible extravagance.
    Then I discovered POTC and $9500 seemed like the ceiling I'd ever pay.
    Then I discovered Radcals and the other CE perks and it seemed like "what's another $3000 on top of the already extravagant $9500?"
    $12500 is a LOT of money to spend for one game. I really don't know if I've got the stomach to go up from here, though history has shown I keep upping my own ante.

you are the perfect NIB buyer Stern/JJP are looking for. You keep taking the bait and until people stop they will keep going.

#256 3 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

I am sure there are a lot people like me that have been here for quite a while and have money but don't feel the value is worth the price anymore.

bingo.

#257 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Yep! Will keep doing it too.

atta boy, they will love you for it or at least your money

#320 3 years ago
    Quoted from smokinhos:

Because they can.. AND everyone will keep buying. Pinsanity..

not everyone, just the idiots

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah but you get free health care and lots of other perks.
    Stop bitchin' and start buyin!!!!

Not free, but tax payer funded health care. I would rather just pay lower taxes and buy my own health insurance.

"Here in sweden with the new price, freight, vat, macron-tax a new gnrle will come at 17500 usd." - This is fucking insane. He has to pay almost $10k more than us just because his fucking government is taxing the hell out of him.

#459 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:And yet every game in my collection is worth more than I paid except for Wonka. That one is still available NIB and I’ve got so many plays on it, it’s hard to consider HUO

Hobbit and WOZ have gone up in value? Unless you got them for a song used they have not gone up in value. Hobbits actually tanked in value.

#517 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just call the guy you sold the Hobbit to and inform him that under your new pricing structure he owes you $1,000.

THIS!

#518 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

aLREADY 6 sold CE for crazy resale and didnt even open the box... and currently have 3 more '
    almost 10 scalped already .
    Must be a great game to not keep it !
    Or a Great Opp for someone to $$$$$$$$

I have spent a lot of time on a LE and it just OK. Beautiful and great light show and music but i still think game play is lacking. If I had a LE or CE I would sell to highest bidder and laugh to the bank. Anyone who pays $15-20K for one of these is stupid. Just give it a year or so and they will be readily available anyway. JJP will pump these damn things out like bubble gum.

#587 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:If you wait a year or two, you’ll be able to score a beautiful HUO GNR fir a price you’re comfortable with. There’s going to be a lot of these games out there and fresh meat is going to look tempting to a ton of collectors who are getting bored of their games

yep, I said this yesterday. Be patient and prices will drop drastically over the next year or so. JJP will be pumping these suckers out like crazy and get all the bugs and playfield issues out of the way as well. Look at Rick and Morty is already dropping way down and people where paying stupid money 6 months ago to get one of the first off the line.

#588 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

I agree material through the roof. Inflation is here but still not reported. Wood is up 37 percent in 90 days.

and up about 50% over 6 months.

the lumber package for my new house was $55k 9 months ago. If I bought it today it would be $100k. Inflation is really bad and you are right, NO ONE is really talking about it. Kind of scary.

#667 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Then I guess when things get back to normal and the prices of raw materials comes back down we can expect JJP to lower their prices.

LOL.

#782 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinfarmer:

These silly prices will at least help with location play post-covid.

this for sure

#783 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

What is everyone's true opinion on true valuation of GNR and others?
    For me GNR SE is a $5500 machine
    the CE is a $8400 machine
    The Big Lebowski is a $9000 machine
    Rick and Morty is a $6000 machine
    Rick and Morty BS is a $6800 machine
    MMR Royal is a $9000 machine
    Supreme turd is worth $3000
    The list goes on....
    I tend to set my own price points for games. Sometimes they align with reality and sometimes they do not. Are some of these games worth nearly what people are asking nowadays-hell no.

agree

#786 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Meh. Games are about fun and you and I don't get to set prices. My son is visiting and I surprised him with R&M and we are loving it. Paid 1k over MSRP to land mine NIB locally. Compared with your pricing, I got ripped off. Of course, this isn't the case. In fact, with only 750 worldwide and HBO picking up the series, I have no doubt that this game will easily hold it's value (which again, is much higher than your "opinion").
    No matter what the product, getting a hot item NOW with high demand and low supply means paying "up". I'm picking up 2021 Corvette tomorrow morning...had to "pay up" because it's a hot car. If I wait another year or so, I'm sure I could save some $$. I think it's important to live life while you can. I have an awesome neighbor/pilot who retired very recently (@ 65) and is now fighting for his life (freak accident where he fell and hit his head). Poor guy had been looking forward to retirement and now this happens. Just awful.

Sounds like you have lots of disposable income and that is great, but most do not. I am doing very well and could overspend but I have always been a saver, bargain shopper, do it myself kind of guy and it has allowed me to now build my final home on the lake with everything I have ever wanted paid for 100%. I still have a decent collection but I can't justify in my head paying $10k for a game that I personally value at $5k. It just does not make sense to me and that is fine and you overspending for a game is fine. Everybody is different, but I do not care what anyone's says today's pinball pricing is STUPID.

#795 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Well the good news is you'll save yourself some money, because odds are you'll never own any of those games

I am sure he is 100% OK with that, he has a insane collection as is.

#802 3 years ago
    Quoted from javagrind888:

If the value of any of them used still only drops by a grand, then it's not really money spent right? Just set aside until you sell? That's been my only rationality for being in this hobby as a collector anyway. If I lose a grand a pin on average, it's acceptable for the fun we've had.

That is the way I feel, I expect a $500-$1000 loss on NIB. It is my fun tax. Why I usually try to buy second hand and let someone else take the beating.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woody76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=woody76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.