Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#374 3 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

5 years from now “remember when pins used to be below $10k”

At this rate it’ll be safe to just say, “Remember pins?”

#377 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Until we start saying no to these ridiculous pinball prices by all companies, they are going to continue to rise. $1,000.00 is a huge rise or gouge. FOMO is causing pinball companies to think they have us where they want us. As a consumer we pay for all their reckless and irresponsible corporate spending habits.
    I do hope some day in the future, JJP will challenge Stern, but that seems nearly impossible at their continued rising very high retail price points. Even though they do put a little more into their machines. But they certainly don’t put $3,000 to $5,000.00 more over what Stern charges into their BOM, not even remotely close. And now add to those $3k to $5k prices an additional $1,000.00! It will only end when we say we’ve had enough and won’t pay the higher prices. Until then, the skies the limit for all pinball prices to rise.
    Sterns absolutely ridiculously high priced TMNT and Elvira toppers at $1k each for $50 worth of plastic is over the top (no pun intended , lol).

When the extravagant buyers get resale losses for over the top purchases and it actually sinks in is when this ‘sports card’ hobby will hit reality. Until then I’ll enjoy watching my B/W pins rise in value.

#623 3 years ago

Whether to stay the course and suck it up or get out is a personal decision.

Inflation will rise, quickly. Signs are there. Prices on slot of materials are going up, quickly. Go to Home Depot and buy some poplar or oak. Wow.

That being said...

Buyers with a deposit as of a cut off date would of appreciated a forewarning, not an immediate price increase. This shows that JJP was immediately hit with much higher immediate price increases? How does a manufacturer get hit so hard and fast during production? Is JJP buying bulk like other pin makers? Or is this a reaction to the sellout of Stern LZ LE’s? Priced too close to GNR’s? May not be true but some may be thinking it.

#628 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

This really feels like opportunistic - not simply covering liabilities.

Yep.

#748 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The only way I see people paying the $10,500 price any time soon is if they jump the line and get their game before the people that paid $9,500 get their game. JJP did that with their WOZ games, they let the people paying more get their games before the pre-buyers (the first to pay first to play line was a lie with regards to WOZ).
    JJP will sell plenty of GnR’s at the $10,500 level, it just won’t be any time soon.

Which was the reason I declined Jacks offer for a Hobbit after being an ea on my Woz in and waiting 3 years. I felt that the company made a great product but TH looked sparse and seeing others playing their WOZ’s while I waited was a gut punch.

#822 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Here's how I see the world.
    You can do one of two things:
    1. Accept the world as it is, and let life happen to you.
    2. Make your life what you want it to be, identifying the change you want and taking steps to make it so.

Unless others cause you to misstep. One can try. Absolutely. But it’s always a coin flip.

I didn’t stop trying.

Quoted from iceman44:

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years or so Rick since we were early adopters on a WOZ.
    10 yrs later i still have my WOZECLE and now a JJP GNRCE. My how things have changed in the last decade.

True Amigo. Been a long ride.

#924 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

That's the thing, isn't it? It's a combination of both as I see it. We can be accountable, accept our faults in decision making, correct them, move forward with knowledge and make more empowered decisions, no matter what the stage.
    But there are also inevitable factors, forces beyond our control, that impact and influence our lives in ways that we are so utterly powerless to alter.
    One change I will definitely make, is crossing JJP off my list for NIB purchases. As an owner of two of their 6 games, that kinda sucks, but financial comfort + defining my own principles in this matter, makes a more contented me.

Well said Sir.

#1008 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Thank you!
    I just don't feel any human can overcome adversity to any degree. There are always walls, clicks, things that hold us in place. We can try, and try, and try, but sometimes we only have so much power.
    Control is something we rarely ever have in life. It's okay to admit that.

I’m the foreman of my dealership. Customers love me, I love them. My men respect me cuz I’m the first one in, last to leave. I never stop until I’m exhausted everyday. Pulled their asses from the fire more times than I can count. They and myself are in the trenches all the time. I consider them my brothers and equals except for mechanic experience. Cars are fixed right first time, cleaned and delivered with courtesy no matter how rude or angry customers get occasionally.

My manager sits there all he time and never goes above and beyond. He knows little to nothing about cars. ( lol). His wife is owners personal secretary, pieces fitting yet? Funny, charming but otherwise he’s useless.

Control is an illusion. For me, and for him. Engine can fall off a lift and I’m done without knowing I just died. I die his jobs done.

I live my life like I can try my best and lose my life tomorrow. Can be stressful and exciting but I’m always prepared.

#1118 3 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah, I've been trying to get my distributor to get me pricing on a right ramp for my Iron Man for two weeks now. Have also been asking them to get me their pricing on a Raw Thrills Big Buck Reloaded for over 3 weeks. I guess they are too busy to be bothered getting back to me on either request despite several follow up emails.
    Only in the is business can manufacturers and distributors give this poor of customer service and still sell stuff. I have to admit I'm starting to reevaluate the money I'm spending in this hobby given the greed and poor customer service I'm getting in return.

That’s why I’ve shifted my focus from nib (MMRRE was my last) to used W/B pins. Solid builds, fun as hell. Repairable and mods are readily available to upgrade.

Stern has been out of my sights for years. Cheap ass overpriced junk. JJP has yet to make a pin I like ( POTC looked good but pooling pf’s? Nope.).

Toy Story? Not interested. Make a theme I want.

I’ll keep an eye on CGC and PB. They’re the only ones I’m looking at.

#1127 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

I totally get the 1k price increase might price some people out .
    But to the people who knew about it for months and say they could still afford it , but won't buy it principal well ...
    You're missing out on one of the best games ever , and once they sell out , and they will , it will go up by much more than 1,000 bucks

Sure...

Then there’s the next GNR AXLE edition...etc. please.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.