Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thechakapakuni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 3 years ago

Here’s another factor I haven’t seen mentioned. I love Pinside but it’s not the center of the earth for GNR fans. I’m guessing most who bought the pin don’t even know what Pinside is. If you don’t think a large majority of sales for this pin are not coming from GNR band fans who have money to buy a $11k pinball machine, we’ll. I’m betting only 25% sales come from people on Pinside for this specific GNR pin. So while the pinball world here on Pinside may (or may not) think the price hike is crazy, the trend of pinball pricing is looking to be in JJPs favor. I’m watching a guy in AUS streaming this pin he paid $17k in AUS. He doesn’t look mad

#143 3 years ago

Wow so SEs are probably done until LEs are back on the line and they get through the bulk of those. SE see you in 2022

#364 3 years ago

Stocks went up and down during a global pandemic, pinball prices only went up. I kept waiting to see a Whitewater dip below $4K in working order. So guess it safe to say unless a nuke drops, buy now and enjoy the last days of pins being below $10k. 5 years from now “remember when pins used to be below $10k”

#405 3 years ago

Can anybody name a pin that’s dropped $1,000 in value except the guy who lost his Funhouse off the back of a truck?

Seems that all pins retain their value even after use

#407 3 years ago

Ha! Maybe Thunderbirds?

#527 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just call the guy you sold the Hobbit to and inform him that under your new pricing structure he owes you $1,000.

Genius! I’m doing this with everything I’ve ever sold. That broken dishwasher I sold last year for $500, I’m asking for $750 now

#539 3 years ago

Yeah I got in right before the hike. When I heard about the price hike I thought to my self, if I’m not locked in at $9500 I’m out. It wouldn’t be because I couldn’t afford an extra $1K, it’s principal. I fought the county assessor over $300 increase cuz it was ridiculous increase from prior years. Turns out they made a mistake. I’ll fight you for $5 if it’s mine. So I get why people are pist and walking away. JJP is reading this, so let them know

#670 3 years ago

“It’s a money grab” - Chaka calling it what it is

#736 3 years ago
    BD2E79FE-6B68-48F7-A7F1-80F528A55222.gifBD2E79FE-6B68-48F7-A7F1-80F528A55222.gif
    #766 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

It's hard to believe it's been 10 years or so Rick since we were early adopters on a WOZ.
    10 yrs later i still have my WOZECLE and now a JJP GNRCE. My how things have changed in the last decade.

Curious how do those 2 CE’s compare a decade apart?

#806 3 years ago

So my GNR will come with 2 foxy ladies? Take my money!

#840 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't you already pay to get women?

Yes I do! Now name a man alive who isn’t?

#946 3 years ago

Yeah a visible cueing would be nice. If I knew mine was coming in June with certainty I’d be fine, but people are guessing June. That’s just bad communication and customer service from JJP regardless of the price hike

#975 3 years ago
    Quoted from pbjksb:

I ordered GNR SE about 2 weeks ago and ETA shipping is 1-3 weeks. Sooner than I expected. I hope this is true.

How did you find out the delivery eta? Is this from JJP direct? Distributors are saying they have no idea

#1080 3 years ago

People that are into R&M love R&M. I’ve never seen a single episode. I played that pin several times and not a fan (probably cuz I didn’t get it not seeing the show) I can see why people would like it tho. I wasn’t fully into another Comic pin coming out but AIQ was very impressive. I also wasn’t excited about another GNR coming out this late in their career, but this one set the bar. So much it will be my first NIB

#1084 3 years ago
    Quoted from DakotaMike:

So last time I checked I'm not a kid, and I can afford to buy a JJP if I want to.

Don’t worry, if you play pinball like the rest of us, you’re still a kid just with double digit years of experience

#1110 3 years ago

The price point is based on the pin. If GNR wasn’t incredible & didn’t knock it out the park they wouldn’t be raising the price. They are simply capturing the cash left on the table. If you got in before the hike, you are stoked. If you didn’t, you’re on this thread complaining. And unless something tops GNR, then some people who are contemplating the $10,500 price rage will coming around and pay the money in time. If Sterns Godzilla is lukewarm people will look around at the options available. I bet a lot of people waiting for LZ put money down on a GNR after it was revealed

#1136 3 years ago

If JJP said they had only 500 LE’s left today, those 500 would sell for $10,500 in less than a week (maybe days).

#1183 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

We are pretty minimalist ... I’ve got rid of almost everything surplus now, except the pins. It’s great.

rd

121 Pin Minimalist? Man and I thought 2 pins in my living room was being a Maximalist. I’m definitely doing it wrong

#1306 3 years ago

Don’t be surprised if JJP raises the price for GNR LEs to $11,500 when the last 500 are left. $10,500 is gonna seem like a good price.

#1329 3 years ago

Well said

#1368 3 years ago

If you are concerned about $15 per hour, employee discounts, unions, and $1,000 then the answer is certainly clear, you shouldn’t be attempting to buy a $11k item that isn’t critical to your survival.

#1375 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

man.. who couldn't see this derail coming?

Stevie Wonder

#1397 3 years ago

That’s because they’re getting high and doin keg stands in Gary’s office

#1401 3 years ago

I don’t know about that. There’s something relaxing about putting a pinball table together. Some people take joy & pride in their work no matter what it is.

#1415 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I'm done replying to you here.

Promise?

#1424 3 years ago

We got to talking about factory lines

CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpegCB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    #1428 3 years ago

I’d pay an extra $1,000 to have that Batman shark scene in any game

#1435 3 years ago

I’ve spent $1,000 in time coming back here. Worth it!

#1488 3 years ago

Actually it’s says Unsold - Decided to keep the game unless I’m reading something wrong. Still doesn’t change the fact that playfield is jacked. Not a good look for JJP

#1491 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I did list the game, not sold, there is a back story to this im hiding, waiting to see how it plays out.

Maybe not sold due to the jacked playfield?

#1496 3 years ago

I bet you showcase pictures of those jacked playfields all over JJPs social media and they’ll replace them.

#1498 3 years ago

Somebody tried to do that to me. They ended up giving up as I was quicker and they sent me what I originally asked for. So yeah, the court of public opinion does work

3 months later
    #1504 2 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

are any of us pinsiders truly "priced out" of buying JJP NIB games due to the $1,000 increase for all models? at first, I thought I was totally OUT on NIB JJP games from here on out. However, now after receiving and really loving my GNR LE, I almost feel compelled to change my mind; the game is a masterpiece!
    If Toy Story comes out and the Standard costs $7500-8000, I'd be hard pressed not to buy it NIB if it looks/plays anything like Wonka or Dialed in. The value is there, especially when one compares the price tag to a NIB stern premium, which offers far less features than a Standard JJP near the same price point.
    I own a Maiden Premium and Wonka Standard, and the two games are not even close to the same when it comes to features and "bells and whistles"; Wonka blows IMDN away on that category. They're both excellent games, but feature wise, Wonka takes the cake for SURE.

The biggest issue justifying the price increase is their shitty playfields, poor customer service, and zero warranty for playfields makes JJP very undesirable for any pin. I have one on order and leaning on flipping it

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thechakapakuni.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=thechakapakuni and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.