Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#307 3 years ago
    Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'm on the list for an LE. if the $1000 bump is true I'm out.

No you're not.. . And JJP knows it.

#312 3 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

Why can't someone from JJP explain within reason why they jacked the price, I think we deserve that at least. Just jacking up the price with no explanation makes me realize JJP thinks I'm a jackass!

Because they can.. AND everyone will keep buying. Pinsanity..

#389 3 years ago
    Quoted from darkryder:

My distributor confirmed today he's honoring the original quoted price of $10.8K for GNR LE delivered to my door. This hobby is getting damn expensive, I remember buying my first game Addams Family for $2200 back in 2007. This will be my last new pin and will only buy HUO used games from now on. POTC LE was a lucky NIB purchase, everything else just drops thousands in value.

And $2200 then would be around $2800 now.. and we all know that AF is pulling more than twice that. Its really quite simple.. we as the hobbyists and consumers are setting the prices. Look at yourself in the mirror.. if you are in the hobby and complain about prices but keep handing over thousands of dollars even as the prices go up, then deal with it. Hurricane $3500? What? Whitewater over $6k. $4-5k for an older Bally? Its freaking insane. Somehow 500 people justified $12500+ for GnR, then others complained about not getting theirs. The price goes up $1k and NOW we start to complain about pinball prices? That ship sailed years ago...

#445 3 years ago

I'm guessing that those who changed their mind about a future order will buy a used one in the future or come back around. Let's be honest, 500 sold out at 12,500. My guess is 500 would have sold out at 13,500. And for the LE owners and buyers, there was and IS so much hype that sales would still be strong at 10,500 and SE at just under 8k. People just keep shelling cash out at these games. A release of POTC could get $15k.. thats just what the hobby is now.

Please stop pretending that this group will refuse to pay $15k for the next super duper awesome life changing pin. There's already proof its happening based on sales overseas and in Canada. I've already been forced out of high end pin buying, because I just can't afford it. I chuckle hearing people complain about prices, when so many of us had to get off the ever inflating pinball price train years ago.

#478 3 years ago
    Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

So it was ok for to get off then but not ok for others to get off now ? People are griping about a perceived dick move but many are just actually saying they can no longer afford it whether by finance or conscience . Yes - many who can afford it will still buy .

No.. my point is that people have been getting off the train all along due to pricing and opting for older more affordable pins or used pros, etc. Thats why I laugh when people get bent out of shape over $1k raise on a super hot game. Exactly what owners love to see.. appreciation. If no other reason than to justify dropping a years worth of college tuition, passing on the vette pictured above, buying new stainless steel appliances for the wifey, maybe a nice fishing boat, etc..
    I dont recall the onslaught of complaining when we realized.. wait Stern pros are as much as premiums used to be..?

#827 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Not expecting, just hoping non Pinsiders down the road would be able to be aware. Which....given the lack of, uh...pimping of that price increase, they won't be.
    A one month window would have been "fair", and transparent regarding Pinsiders and people really into pinball, at the very least. But pinball is definitely not good on the latter, and the prior is a case to case basis.
    I genuinely hope AIP gets their shit together, and offers solid games that entice many, many people, at prices still lower than JJP and Stern.

I get confused with statements like this. No disrespect but if you were not in at $9500 then sorry about your luck.

How may buyers do u think would have jumped in to take advantage of the perceived future equity of $1k. Or the $1k would save the "fun tax" of getting to crack open that NIB pin. They get to do what they want. As you did as well. You opted to not buy it.. now it's more or you buy used. Super simple.

#830 3 years ago

I think u made the point.. its demand that drove up the price on GnR.. or so one can perceive. I am personally cheering on Stern, spooky, API, and any pinball company that can build fun games that aren't 5 figures.

#865 3 years ago

If other pinball games are selling for $15-20k then why not $10.5 for a NIB GnR? If it was released at that price we would have complained then paid. At $13.5k all 500 CEs would have sold out too.. AND those who missed out would have been mad. I think I'm more disappointed that pinball games at my highest price point (used Stern pro) may continue to get more stripped down giving us less game for more money in comparison to the past. I know have to stretch a little, or trade a pin to move up to a used premium. But that will not be often for sure. Kid has to go to college..

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smokinhos.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=smokinhos and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.