Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#658 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

but a GNR LE will probably drop in value from MSRP $17,500.00 delivered to around $12k on the 2nd hand market.

I don't know where you're getting your prices from GNR is 15,490 here .

And when I sell my Hobbit I'll get at least what I paid for it .

#661 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Take a look at the distributor website, prices just went up. $15,490 is the old price. $16,990 is the new one, after the USD$1k increase. Plus domestic shipping, brings total near $17.5k.

Wow.
    I went and played the game and after playing it , I knew it was special and jumped right on it and I live around the corner from the distributor . Happy days

#663 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hobbits have definitely gone for much lower than 30% here. Even Pinball sales was closing them out at much lower prices.

Maybe , but now they're no longer available the prices have come right up .
    Plus we pay more for Pins in Vic

#665 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hope for you that prices are up when you get ready to sell.

This game is a keeper for me , unless they make the Blues brother's with all the bells and whistles , and I need the money .
    Have you seen some of the prices here , 16 k for SS , 19 K for Metallica .
    The prices here are mental , compared to the old games , I don't think I'll be losing any money

#776 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Games that don't work that you can fix up. Or even fix up games and sell for more and work your way up to a collection you want.

Exactly .
    I could never afford 15.5 k for a new PIN .
    But over 20 years , l started with a $200 arcade game , I gradually brought and sold arcade games and pins and worked my way up , now when I sell my Hobbit and saving a few grand I can now get GNR .
    Every pinhead on pinside , knew and had an opportunity to put in their order . I've been willing to sacrifice pins I love to get other pins .
    It's funny to see some guys who said GNR was overrated , had no flow , to multi ball heavy , ect , now complaining the price has gone up

#948 3 years ago
    Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

Should be lined up against the wall and shot with a ball of their own shit...
    I was about to pay a deposit and order one, but now I’m out and will wait and buy one second hand...good way to keep customers or obtain new ones.

Settle down mate , jjp put up their prices , Paul had no choice .
    Good luck finding a HUO cheaper , no one is going to sell their's for less than what they payed , unless they're desperate for cash .

Quoted from john17a:

i was one of many
    that was dangled a carrot of the hope of an delivery b4 xmas ,, yep im a mug , but there was many of us and i think ill be lucky to see mine b4 mid year

Paul has been totally upfront with me about the wait . He's filling up containers and shipping them as fast as JJP can make them .
    Jjp hasn't given reliable wait times to any of their distributors , there are still day 1 orders to be filled .
    Paul is a great guy . I mentioned I had some issues with my Hobbit , he gave me some parts and when they didn't work , he came over and fixed it for free . He didn't even sell me the game .
    I'm more than happy to do business with him .

#952 3 years ago
    Quoted from john17a:

or do you pretend that you where on another line listening in and want to say what ive printed is a lie

You should try reading posts better . I said he was upfront with me .
    How do I know what he said to you , at the time he would have been going off what he was told from JJP .
    Don't get your panties in a knot .

#956 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darth_Chris:

I really wanted a GNR LE but when they made the announcement with all this backlog this is not serious. I don't want to wait 6 months to a year for something. This is not serious. Yes it's pinball and not essential but give me a break. After big lebowski, aliens and predator fiasco just to name a few I really don't feel confortable with no precise information of when I going to get my pin. I know JJP might be a cie more reliable than the other cies who produced titles who never got delivered but since JJP started years ago the only thing really annoying me is the long wait because they cannot keep up. You can say pandemic all day but it's always been like that in my book.
    You might not believe me but this is the truth.....if I could give the money and get my pin, like cash on the glass I would buy it. Instead they seem like locking customers in with a no reason at all 1k price increase.

What does "cie " mean .

#959 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m guessing company, but not positive.

Is that a Canadian thing ?

#961 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Must be, never seen it before, or French? He’s from Montreal.

I assume anything French has La or Le in front of it

#963 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, I just googled it. French for le company.

I wasn't sure if you were joking or not , I just Googled it too and yep company .

#1007 3 years ago
    Quoted from Kkoss24:

All I know is this is my first NIB couldn’t have picked a better pin to hold that title .Now if I can just get it !! Almost there

Congrats .
    It's the best game currently available by far and is well worth the wait .

#1122 3 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

So I just sold $3000 worth of Glocks today for the final money I needed to buy my game.

Lol , only in America

#1126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

I was on the fence at $9500, completely out at $10,500. Just on principal...

I totally get the 1k price increase might price some people out .
    But to the people who knew about it for months and say they could still afford it , but won't buy it principal well ...
    You're missing out on one of the best games ever , and once they sell out , and they will , it will go up by much more than 1,000 bucks

#1132 3 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

inelastic? Time will tell. I'm out on this one.

Sorry I'm drunk and not very smart , what do you mean .

#1215 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

I suppose I do feel they wronged distros. You disagree?

You're not going to buy a game because they sold some directly ?
    Yes , it was a mess because of how popular the game turned out to be .
    But don't forget how the previous titles have sold . I think you can still get Dialled In and Wonka CE'S , I tried to sell my Pirates CE spot for months and months and only had one phone call from a tyre kicker , I got my Hobbit for 1K off because they weren't selling and apparently I brought the last RR Woz , a demo model but then they made more because they needed the money .
    Apparently the company has been basically running at a loss from the beginning .
    Now they have a big hit on their hands ,they're trying to make the most of it .
    I don't blame them for that .
    But you're more than entitled to do whatever feels right for you .

#1254 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I'm not saying that everyone is going to see a price increase as a positive. Heck, I bet exactly 0% of customers see it as a positive.

Better make that at least 1% .
    I'm stoked my game has gone up by $1360 .
    Now my wife thinks I know what I'm doing

#1334 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

Minimum wage in Cook County is $12/hr, where they are located

Lol , when I read that , this is the first thing I thought of . I would love to get over to Chicago and play the dick head tourist and get my photo taken in front of all the BB landmarks .

IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpgIMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    #1336 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hobbits have definitely gone for much lower than 30% here. Even Pinball sales was closing them out at much lower prices.

Quoted from Thunderbird:

Hope for you that prices are up when you get ready to sell.

I sold my Hobbit today . I've had it for over 3 years and got 1k more than what I paid for it .
    I'm really sad to see it go but it's only way I could get GNR .
    I didn't even advertise it , I just mentioned to a couple people I was thinking about selling it , before you know it , I had a couple offers .
    Used game prices are going mental here , like everywhere else . 39k for POTC ce , 24k for Tron le , 21k for Metallica le , 16k for scared stiff , to name a few .
    Even with the price rise at $16,850 , GNR nib , seems like good value to me , compared to what is on offer out there .

#1402 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

The town I live in borders both Joliet and Elwood,IL. I drive past this gas station almost everyday. It’s about 40ft in the air.
    [quoted image]

That is one of the coolest things I've ever seen .
    I'd definitely go out of my way to get petrol there .
    ( and yes , I'm easily pleased )

#1418 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jaybird815:

If you do ever make it out this way I’ll take you to Joliet prison where the opening scene was shot, prison is closed and does tours. They really do it up for Halloween.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-ent-joliet-tour-20180827-story.html?outputType=amp

That would be great Jaybird .
    If I ever get over there , I'll definitely take you up on that .
    Chicago looks like a great city with lots to see and I would also love to check out expo .

#1489 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Im the original owner and registered the game, followed protocol, this should not happen at 100 plays, and now im at 200 and its gotten worse, although i think the washers will prevent it from getting worse, why was i offered washers in February but not in December, none of this makes any sense. Complete corporate bullshit now, customer is no longer a person to Jersey Jack Pinball now we are just another dollar.

Don't you guys in the US have Consumer Laws , you've been sold a defective product .
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen you post this in the owners thread , I think you'll get a lot more attention and support there .
    I'm surprised jjp didn't sort you out , as I've only seen a handful of dodgy playfields from the first batch .
    If you have sold your game that could make things tricky but either way , I hope you get sorted out .

4 months later
    #1507 2 years ago
    Quoted from HEAD_boss_HOG:

are any of us pinsiders truly "priced out" of buying JJP NIB games due to the $1,000 increase for all models? at first, I thought I was totally OUT on NIB JJP games from here on out. However, now after receiving and really loving my GNR LE, I almost feel compelled to change my mind; the game is a masterpiece!
    If Toy Story comes out and the Standard costs $7500-8000, I'd be hard pressed not to buy it NIB if it looks/plays anything like Wonka or Dialed in. The value is there, especially when one compares the price tag to a NIB stern premium, which offers far less features than a Standard JJP near the same price point.
    I own a Maiden Premium and Wonka Standard, and the two games are not even close to the same when it comes to features and "bells and whistles"; Wonka blows IMDN away on that category. They're both excellent games, but feature wise, Wonka takes the cake for SURE.

With the way the market is , I'm priced out of second-hand pins , I'll have to stick to new in box .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider screaminr.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=screaminr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.