Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#117 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

But...they...kept...selling. $12,500 became a norm. DLC $1000 toppers are becoming a norm. Us "old timer" hobbyists think it's stupid, but the buyers are there & don't seem to care.
    I don't think I'll ever buy a NIB pin ever again...not because I can't, but on principle.

Rarehero has nailed it with this post.

They just keep cranking it up, you “just gotta have it” guys just keep on paying the crazy prices.

I had a couple of Elviras on order for others in the States, they’ve been on order for months. Stern cancelled the order last month and said if you want them, order them again, but now they are $500 more.

I said “no thanks”

Not only is that “not the right thing to do”, it is probably illegal. It certainly would be here in NZ.

However, over in the Elvira thread everyone just said “oh well, I’ll pay the extra”. (!!!!!!)

WAY TO SHOW THE MAN! lol

Just insanity.

I’ll stick with my $1000 pins from the old days.

rd

#134 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Stern and JJP must have lost a ton of potential sales to Europe this year with the extra 25% tax.
    Wonder how this has impacted on both of them?

Not at all, evidently ....

rd

#600 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

My loaded R&M was $9,500 MSRP, and GNR2LE has a much more expensive BOM.

Quoted from Vino:

Both have full assets which is nice, but didn’t realize R&M about the same all in.

I think this needs to be addressed ... yes, Snarnoffs R&M was 9500 — because he ticked all the available options, like direct print cabinet ($999) etc etc.

The stock R&M machine (all the same gameplay features) is $6999 plus shipping.

That is the actual price comparison, $6999 vs $10,500.

rd

#602 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhoward1082:

I think a better comparison is stock R&M at $7000 + shipping vs a Stern Pro at ~$5800 with free shipping

Yes - that is a comparison.

But I made the other one just to clarify the RRP on R&M as several posters had mentioned it.

rd

#841 3 years ago
    Quoted from smassa:

Get yourself a Jurrasic Park Premium instead. Its a better game.

Get a JP Pro instead and save even more bucks.

Actually ... for $10,500 you could almost get a JP Pro AND an AIQ Pro. Sorta a no brainer ...

rd

#845 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Or maiden pro + jp pro huo combo .... Absolute no brainer

Yes.

rd
    59A7F059-1714-4B7B-8D07-9043C57A86CD (resized).jpeg59A7F059-1714-4B7B-8D07-9043C57A86CD (resized).jpeg

(New dust free photo, just for Pinside!).

#906 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball69:

What’s 1k to you big ballas? Stop complaining and buy it.

I’m a big balla.

But only in my trousers.

rd

#1001 3 years ago

Dude - your constant “stuff” is getting very, very old.

Please stop it.

I’m sure you can find something constructive to do.

rd

#1004 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

What, the doted line above?
    Maybe throw another shrimp on the barby. Classic New Zealand joke, eh!
    And I've only posted on this thread like 6 times... hmm, blow off a little steam with some rugby maybe? Hockey for us!
    Anyways, GnR is worth the extra dow!

No, in general. The whole site.

Or, just keep doing what you’re doing.

Over to you. Your legacy.

rd

#1054 3 years ago
    Quoted from Freddykaboodle:

You guys over there are paying $10500 for the LE. On the current exchange rates that equates to $13530 Aussie smackers. I ask my self then why are we being charged $16580 for the same privilege.....hmmm...gouge much.
    Hark, is that prince I can hear singing “cream”

The $10500 USA price doesn’t include sales tax or shipping.

Not justifying the Aussie price - but you forgot about International freight, customs charges, ag charges, road freight, and GST. They don’t just magically appear in Melbourne.

rd

#1086 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

If they nail all the licensed assets of Toy Story, it will be really hard to resist.

At $10,500 USD, I have no problems resisting buying any pinball machine.

I’ll leave them all for you guys. Enjoy!

rd

#1091 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

With the equity you have built up, you’d never have to pay a dime for a new game ever again.

That would presume I want to sell some of my existing games to get new ones.

I don’t, really. We play all the old ones all the time. Plus we use them for big tournaments.

I’ve bought NIB games since 2010, the novelty wears off. Trust me.

With GNRLE being at least $18,000 NZD here, I would have to sell say my minty restored WCS, CFTBL and say DR WHO to pay for it.

Call me stupid ... but I would rather have my minty WCS, CFTBL and Dr Who than 1x GnR.

rd

#1094 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

All fair points. I’m a big tournament guy too, but I’m not running 400-500 person tournaments so I would have about 10-15 spots at least that would be rotators to allow for the latest and greatest to come and go to keep things fresh.

We can’t muster 500 people here lol

But we do get 70-100 people for my tournaments. Most ever was 104. Remembering that NZs population size is similar to the state of Kentuckys.

Most pinball people visit my place a few times a year, there’s always 100+ pins to play, so there’s always “something fresh” that they haven’t played before.

rd

#1098 3 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

Ah, New Zealand, the Kentucky of the Southern Hemisphere!

We probably drink half the bourbon they make ...

rd

#1149 3 years ago
    Quoted from screaminr:

but won't buy it principal well ...
    You're missing out on one of the best games ever , and once they sell out , and they will , it will go up by much more than 1,000 bucks

If people won’t buy one on principle at 10,500, they ain’t gonna pay more for a used one.

They just won’t buy one at all, ever.

No big deal. Live moves on. You don’t NEED to have it.

I worked out some time ago - no pinball machine/material possession is ever going to change my life for the better. It’s just “stuff”.

So I have no FOMO for anything.

And it’s awesome.

When you figure out that marketers are constantly using FOMO as their main marketing tool these days, it’s very easy to step off the hype train.

rd

#1163 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Um....
    I did get the old "serpentine belt" is busted for inspection once!
    [quoted image]

Lol.

Try rotordavenz.

Quoted from Yelobird:

Can't help but think your electric meter must scream when you fire up that fun land. Impressive.

It’s not that bad ... when all 110 (ish) are running (that’s a few times a year) the power for the day is circa $80. That includes all the normal AC and HWC etc etc as well. Pinballs don’t draw that much when they’re running.

Changing all the games to LEDs and also the whole house to LED lighting did make a big difference. Used to be over $100 a day. Plus the room is wayyy cooler. Makes a big difference.

rd

#1164 3 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Right on Dave.

What’s happening with long term collectors like me and Joe (he has 60+ machines including machines on site) and plenty of others is we are getting “over it”

As per Rareheros post early in the thread, we’ve seen games go up in the last few years to almost double what they were ten years ago. With nothing else added.

In NZ, Tron LE new was $9900 NZD ... the new LEs are $18,500 NZD.

The last new LE I bought was Metallica LE for $12,000 NZD. That was my limit. All my newer Sterns are used, and I got a couple cheaper with IFPA rewards before NZ got cut off from that.

If the manufacturers cut off the long term guys, the guys that have kept the hobby alive for the last twenty years, who’s gonna keep them going when all the current batch of rich lawyers/doctors/etc etc get bored and move onto the next hot trend?

rd

#1168 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

May be judging wrong but I have to imagine it’s 100 times harder to get titles in a country like NZ. In Chicago I can find most any title in days, by you it must be a constant hunt

In the 90s and 2000s there were a lot of ex route 90s games and SYS11s coming up here. They were all cheap - most of my SYS11s were around $1000 each, WPCs were 1200-2500 bucks.

But now they’re all in peoples houses, the prices have skyrocketed.

Pretty much all of my pre 1985 games have come from the States. Again, bought most of them for $500-1000 bucks each some years ago, before prices went crazy.

So yeah, there is a bunch of dough in that room, but not as much as a “new on the scene” collector would think.

rd

#1174 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Um-huh... Says the guy with ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY pinball machines.

Things change. They’ve amassed over 30 years. They were mostly cheap.

They could all go tomorrow. No stress. Sold another one yesterday.

We have now gone pretty minimalist ... We’ve got rid of almost everything surplus now, except the pinball machines. It’s great.

The reason I keep the pins:

1: they give me something to tool around with in my downtime

2: I don’t need the money

3: where else could we hold the large NZ tournaments we have? There’s nowhere else here in NZ with the room or the pins.

4: I would have a very large empty room if they went.

rd

#1394 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How many of you guys would enjoy working a week on the line at any PB manufacture?

After a week of that work, you’d never want to see another pinball machine again.

rd

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.