Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Wtf?! Must be some mistake?

They probably took everyone’s advice when they were clamoring for more POTC’s to be made at a higher price. F’it just raise them all.

Easy cash grab with all the backlogged orders can’t say I blame them, test the old price elasticity a bit.

#66 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Does anyone know if this actually applies to games with deposits on them? If it does that’s not a smart move and surely will piss off your customers; I’d be surprised if jjp did that. If it’s for new sales going forward, that’s seems like a reasonable business decision if they feel demand is strong and they can’t make them fast enough.
    In the Elvira thread, some people were saying Stern was raising the price on the next run of Elvira games by $500, including for people who put down deposits.
    Edit: just saw posts that it’s only for new orders. I don’t blame jjp, they need to make money to fund future growth and make great games. Supply and demand.

Everyone was claiming that they have orders for over 4000 games total back in December. If that’s the case what’s the point?

Or was it all hype and maybe they have orders for 1500 or so LE’s in addition the the CE and SE?

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mogg:

I will be all alone in this post. I used to build commercial a/v conference systems for big companies like Microsoft. I wasn’t paid much, but it was pricey and the work I did had to look spectacular, not a jumble of wires in a box. Looking at this machine in and out, GNR is A LOT of build integrity. The harnesses, so many connections, monitor swing arm, audio noise filter.......these things all take a lot time to install, to design in real time with efficiency. It always takes more time than anticipated, it’s construction. It’s easily 2x-3x the build of a Stern. It’s really a special machine.
    GNR Is worth the 1k markup. Looking the CE I have over I know JJP didn’t make much money on the game. I think they anticipated less orders. Adding a 1k will help them stay solvent. Congrats to those that got in early, sorry to those that balked.
    Anyway, most of you knew all this already. I’ll apologize for JJP here, Stern is on their own.

This isn’t new having all these features etc..

Take a look at POTC, shit ton more in that game and here we are again.

Maybe the extra $1000 will pay for our long awaited POTC code update...not

#175 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Read my post: “If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. If enough people do that, price will fall.” Where does it end? Ask delt31, he claims he has two buyers for his potc close to $20k.

POTC is a unique situation since it truly is somewhat limited availability, if there was 5000 of them it wouldn’t be 20k second hand.

Secondly, the only reason GNR is selling above MSRP is due to JJP’s inability to build these and get them out in a reasonable amount of time.

The thing I don’t get about the price hike is the are making 5000 LE’s and Everyone was bragging how they sold like 3-4000 units already. If this is the case and they are honoring all the existing orders, there really aren’t a ton getting the up charge.

Or did they not really sell 3000 or even worse are they not going to honor existing orders at previous price?

This is the first game that had large sales numbers from JJP direct, how about those customers? Honoring price?

It’s a dirt bag move.

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from DK:

My distributor told me they were doing what’s on the line for SEs and they are discontinuing them

This wouldn’t surprise me one bit. They weren’t selling well at $6750 and they aren’t going to sell at $7750.

#190 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

Maybe the SEs will be more limited than the CEs?

This happened wit POTC.

#193 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

The real reason is the SE plays better then the CE

The SE does shoot well, more my style.

I really don’t understand why they can’t give it a simple upgrade to the full color hot rails. It would sell at $7750 then as it’s one of the main reasons people are jumping up to the LE.

#194 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjah:

I'm open to a straight trade, any day

I’ve considered trading my POTC for a GNR SE and another game.

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Now I’m really curious to see Toy Story and how that unfolds with price structure for that one. So much anticipated toy mechs/features then we may have ever seen in pinball. Wishful thinking of course. Clearly this hike is setting up for new release and will just get worse.

If it rises to the level of toys and mechs that POTC has and they actually get some assets to use then I think it will be more than 10500.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider psw757.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=psw757 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.