Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#605 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I simply Googled his name. I doubt I'm in Miami with binoculars... though I'd rather be in Miami than chilly ass Pitts currently.
    https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the-rich-got-richer-during-covid-19-heres-how-american-billionaires-performed/
    Bankers. Bankers are maybe even worse than lawyers? All I know is they have power, and I'm cattle for them to draw blood from for my entire existence.

Lloyd, has Leonard and Son helped you during your struggles this year, like he did years ago when he backed out of banking? Non billionaire Pinsiders did help you. Has he even sent a GnR your way....yet?
    https://knowledge.wharton.upenn.edu/article/sharing-the-wealth-leonard-abess-and-the-60-million-gift-to-his-employees/

Which interview? I'll give it a lesson. And Jack is a salesman first and foremost, of course he'll blow smoke up the ass of someone that helped salvage his dream.
    Yeah, real hard work that banking. Manipulating others funds for profit, all the while surely evicting people from homes once bills aren't routinely met.
    I'm not envious of wealth. To get wealth, you step on the heads of countless people like myself, laborers.

A lot of wild over simplifications and mis-characterizations in that one. When’s your manifesto going to be published?

#632 3 years ago

Deleted.

#747 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

All the supply and demand posts...
    This is not an elastic price market. We don’t see these manufactured pin hard goods prices flexing week to week or month to month.
    When was the last time you saw a pin manufacturer lowering msrp mid run? There is discounting in the channel... but not msrp changes.
    And your really think gnr prices will come down once demand subsides? We all know it won’t... so please stop it with these simplistic s&d arguments like none of us have ever heard of it before.
    It it was just huge demand, most companies take that opportunity to convert that demand into sales by increasing production... or providing substitutes. Simply flexing the price is a known detriment to hurting that demand. Obviously companies don’t want to kill demand, but convert it to sales.
    This isn’t a fixed number of units where simple demand drives competition for each buy. Demand is high due to the product... not necessarily due to being under priced. Missing your estimates on market size doesn’t necessarily mean you were under priced.
    Using prices to neuter demand does just that... hinder demand (and your sales). Sure you get some extra margin, but volume is the blood flow of a MaNUfACTURER- not margin. Volume drives revenue... volume drives economies of scale... volume brings cash flow and sustainability.
    JJP can’t be looking to do anything that would stand to hurt their consistent production output. Trying to “limit demand” is just foolish.
    If it truly is a “rising cost” issue... that blows because it means its never coming back.
    If it is opportunistic to capitalize on the hot product - i think it really is short sighted.

“ It it was just huge demand”

I think you just made the supply and demand case, didn’t you?!!

#895 3 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

I guess I was one of the "lucky" ones, as I placed my order for GnR LE the day before the price hike.
    The funny thing is that I was literally in the middle of asking for my refund back (the next day) after receiving a more accurate date for receiving the pin. I just didn't feel that I had the stomach to wait that long. Then I get a text from my distributor (after he had already agreed to give me my deposit back) telling me about the $1k price increase. I told him to give me a few hours to think it over.
    In the end, I told him I was going to stay in.
    The reasons? 1) I have played the pin, I like it, and it looks fantastic; 2) FOLO
    So if JJP raised the price by $1k in order to prevent people from asking for deposits back, it worked...at least on me. And I feel like I have been completely manipulated!

What’s folo?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paynemic.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=paynemic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.