Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#146 3 years ago

What a joke. I see that both the SE and LE have increased by $1k on JJP's site.

$10,500 for the new LE price? Forget it, these prices were already out of hand and now they are just insane. I'll be looking at buying an Avengers premium for my next pin, this price change makes that an easy decision.

#150 3 years ago
    Quoted from Huggers:

If you can afford 10500 can you really argue you can't afford 11500? How about 12500? Where does it end?
    The last Stern Premium I played had a dinosaur on it that ate the ball and threw it about the place. The one before that had a projector built into it. The standard here has a pair of drumsticks on it. I was pretty stretched financially to afford an (unlimited run) Standard. Now they're unavailable and a grand more expensive even of I could get one. Kinda shitty

Exactly, well said. There are buyers that had a hard time justifying prices at $6500, then $7500, $8500, etc. This has gotten out of hand. $10,500 for a pinball machine that isn't even the highest end model? Pass.

#155 3 years ago

Mr. Slugworth: "Your reward will be ten thousand of these. Think of what you can buy. A new house for your family, and good food and comfort for the rest of their lives."

slugworth (resized).jpgslugworth (resized).jpg

Charlie: "A new house? You can't even buy a GNR LE for $10k."

13264-21386 (resized).jpg13264-21386 (resized).jpg

#170 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Balancing supply and demand is not price gouging. Price gouging is when demand sharply exceeds supply, particularly on essential items in an emergency situation, yet you keep raising prices to take advantage. Think of paper products and cleaning supplies last spring. Like you said, there are plenty of other pins out there at a price your are good with. If enough people feel that way, the price won’t hold.

What JJP is doing comes across as price gouging but even if doesn't exactly match the definition what they are doing isn't cool. Nvidia and AMD cannot keep their new GPU's and CPU's in stock, they sell out in seconds when they are available. Has either company raised the price because demand is high? No. Does Apple raise the price of phones that are on backorder? No.

This move by JJP also comes across as price gouging as Wonka LE is still priced at $9500 on their site. JJP didn't raise prices across all of their games but just on the one that is selling the best? Hmmm.

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from PokerJake:

I don't think JJP will be around to release Toy Story, it's almost 2 years out anyway based on JJPs releases. Toy Story is a grail theme and hope they make it but there is probably more behind the price hike instead of supply/demand. I guess it's a good thing JJP games aren't that good, besides DI, that way the price hike won't affect me. They can make them look nice but they play like shit.

Congratulations, your promotion to admiral of the 7th fleet of the Stern Army has been approved. Please send $300 for your official LE certificate.

CertificateMagic_03_18_44.pdfCertificateMagic_03_18_44.pdf

#401 3 years ago
    Quoted from cscmtp:

Cheap Hobbits are everywhere. That game SUCKS. Nothing fun to shoot. I've seen them sit at $7k with no buyers.

Wrong again (by the way, there's 0 for sale in the marketplace).

I've never seen someone so bitter over a game then then you with Hobbit. If there's a thread or a comment about Hobbit you are there with the "WORST GAME EVER, I HATE IT" rant...every...single...time lol. Did that game really land on you that bad when you tried to move it by yourself? That was years ago, let your hate go and move on with your life.

#788 3 years ago

Over the years I've defended JJP price increases by saying "Well, look at what Stern is offering for the same price". No more as these $10k+ LE prices have entered crazy town territory. Both Stern and JJP have been playing this back and forth game of raising prices after seeing what each of them do and as a result both companies have now priced a lot of people out of the market.

I've often criticized Stern as in my opinion they don't justify the price with enough features and toys. Well for the first time I'll say the same thing about a JJP pin with the new $10.5k GNR LE price. There's not enough features and toys in GNR LE to justify the new price tag. For $10.5k you don't even get all of the mechanical features in the game, that being the missing coma lock reserved for the CE. $10.5k and you still don't get all of the mechanical features? That was bad enough to stomach at $9.5k but at $10.5k there's just no words. I shouldn't be surprised as this is the same company charging $11.5k for yet another "limited" version of WOZ that doesn't even come with the monkey mech.

The same thing can now be said about GNR SE. $7,800 and the only toy is a spinning disk...wow. I'll take an AIQ Premium that has far more in for the same price over GNR SE any day. How about an Alien from Pinball Brothers? That now looks like a steal compared to the prices (and what you actually get) that both Stern and JJP charge.

#799 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

THANK GOD. So, what the hell are 97% of your posts going to be about now?

Lol I don't know, I just don't know.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That post you just read?
    Not enough toys in JJP OR Stern games: Repeat that for the next 97 out of 100 of his posts.

Crazy you are so smart, you are right. Wow!

#915 3 years ago

Next thing we know JJP is offering a $15k signature edition with a piece of a couch Slash sat on at JJP during his visit

#920 3 years ago

New official sales pitch

"Do you want a GNR LE for $9,500? Not in this lifetime".

1 week later
    #1014 3 years ago

I wonder how JJP's new pricing for GNR is working out for them? Since the price increase reports on here of new sales have been extremely low, maybe 0.

Personally I think JJP has exceeded market clearing price with the new $10,500 GNR LE price. Someone at JJP likely thought they could increase the price of GNR while still retaining the same rate of sales / demand but I don't see that happening. With every price increase more potential customers are priced out of the market and I think they lost a big chunk with crossing the $10k price point.

1 week later
    #1483 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

I guess that was my mistake then, i should have been there posting my issues, instead im out doing in home repairs, supporting JJP products. So i fill out a game registration, fill out at online ticket, email pics as requested by barry engler, send in serial numbers from the back of the playfield, after i sent in pics. If it wasnt an issue from December when they got the first pictures why didnt they say Its not bad enough to warrant a warranty, why did they email me for additional pics and the stamped serial number from the back of the playfield, then barry engler tells me he has to have q meeting with upper management over my issue. Mod couple? Right? Do you do work for JJP? Im the customer, i paid for a game and the art and clear shouldnt flake within 100 plays. Here you go here is some pics, tell me this is acceptable?[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm sorry your game has those issues, at these insane prices there's no excuse for them. Your pictures show a clear defect with the playfield in multiple areas, that isn't normal.

Some people have had success on here with a manufacture by creating a dedicated post on Pinside for their specific issue. If you go that route just be specific in regards to your issue, history of communication with JJP and distributor, and include pictures. Someone at JJP may take notice as they know hundreds of potential customers will see that post. Hope you get a new playfield soon!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.