Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#885 3 years ago

I'd be out on this game now if it wasn't for the fact I'd already got one at the lower price and was almost out on it when the EU hiked the price by 25%, fortunately by shipping later I missed out having to pay that price.

I simply won't pay more than £10,000 for a pinball machine. Here in the UK with Stern the local distributer adds a huge amount to the price compare to the US and a Stern LE is close to that mark.

1 week later
    #1095 3 years ago

First - if anyone thinks that a $1000 price increase is to just cover costs you are in the twilight zone. This is a well executed (and I dare say planned from the start price hike, car manufacturers with hot models have done the same). Get more orders than you can cope with, say you are doing your best, generate demand for the old price and keeping people on board by creating a new price the has no demand therefore locking in existing buyers and increasing satisfaction by saying you are doing them a favour! The guy who runs the company now is no idiot!

Quoted from Lamberger:

How can I be right when I'm just repeating. Lol. No skin in the game here. Was never in nor out, just fascinated.. watching from a distance. I guess JJP didn't piss any distributor's or buyers off with CE or LE... I probably miss understood him with the mask n all. Haha!

If you aren't in you are out dood.

Quoted from Lamberger:

Alien as well... Can't wait to get that beast. Biggest bang for buck right now.

No not really, its got some assets, the ones from the "trailer" but its worse than Ghostbusters for repetitiveness and its made with stolen money and IP. The game itself has super uninspiring shots. We have had an original in our club for past couple of years it's not a hugely played game, it was to start with but not any more.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

All fair points. I’m a big tournament guy too, but I’m not running 400-500 person tournaments so I would have about 10-15 spots at least that would be rotators to allow for the latest and greatest to come and go to keep things fresh.

We have a similar situation in the UK which is a small market;

I ordered a GNR LE at the old price, at the new price I'm out, not because I can't afford it but purely because I just do not see the value in a pinball machine thats more than 10K, same as I don't see value in a mobile phone more than 1K or a car more than 100K (although the latter never use to be the case ). In Europe the feedback I'm getting is that NIB sales have slowed significantly driven by the EU tariff and I would expect JJP to have lost orders as in the EU you can't have non-refundable deposits.

Neil.

#1162 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Bingo. Great marketing ploy. Before this raise there were some people grumbling about not knowing when their game would be ready and thinking it could be many months and talk of canceling orders was percolating. All that talk ended immediately with the price increase.
    The marketing move from JJP locked some people out, but it also locked a good many in...

indeed as JJP aren't going to catchup until past the next stern and cgc release so that lock in super valuable.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.