Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#116 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

AC/DC LE was $6600 shipped. We bitched. A few years later, STLE was $7700 shipped. We bitched. Then Stern dropped the $12,500 B66. We bitched.
    But...they...kept...selling. $12,500 became a norm. DLC $1000 toppers are becoming a norm. Us "old timer" hobbyists think it's stupid, but the buyers are there & don't seem to care.
    I don't think I'll ever buy a NIB pin ever again...not because I can't, but on principle. I'd rather just keep playing my pins that cost "nothing" or my Nintendo Switch lol...all these new pins, no matter how expensive they are, are still untested & unfinished when shipping. Nah...I'm so far past the "paying to be the guinea pig" line at this point.
    Sit back, let the NIBNEWBS & addicts waste their money...when they get bored & purge, maybe pick something up.

Agree, I just play them at shows and on location. A few bucks here and there beats paying $7-10K for something I get bored of pretty fast.

#118 3 years ago
    Quoted from ShinyBall:

This reminds me of another last minute thingy that happened to us pre order guys with another pin...but, lets not go there again

You've got a good memory. But it was with a different manufacturer. Oh wait, there was a CONnection.....

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm so fucking mad I wont forgive them for like 5 whole days!!!
    But seriously people, these are INDUSTRY AWARD WINNING machines, what did you expect?!

Best-built, highest quality too.....

#229 3 years ago
    Quoted from Anubis330:

I've been in the hobby for a few years now and watched prices climb consistently. At what price point do people start to walk away from the hobby??? $9,500? 10,500? 12,000??? I'm curious what everyone's ceiling is. What is the most you're willing to pay for a pin???

My thought is at today's inflation level and economy in the USA, There will be a small number of buyers of NIB pins up to $15K. But the sales volume would not justify the business continuing very long for those manufacturers.

More importantly, there will be virtually zero sales to route operators for a pin priced at $10K.

#816 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've often criticized Stern as in my opinion they don't justify the price with enough features and toys. Well for the first time I'll say the same thing about a JJP pin with the new $10.5k GNR LE price. There's not enough features and toys in GNR LE to justify the new price tag. For $10.5k you don't even get all of the mechanical features in the game, that being the missing coma lock reserved for the CE. $10.5k and you still don't get all of the mechanical features? That was bad enough to stomach at $9.5k but at $10.5k there's just no words. I shouldn't be surprised as this is the same company charging $11.5k for yet another "limited" version of WOZ that doesn't even come with the monkey mech.
    The same thing can now be said about GNR SE. $7,800 and the only toy is a spinning disk...wow.

Where is our PanzerFreak and what have you done with him???

#836 3 years ago

This could al be justified by the recent 30% price increase in lumber prices. Also the shortage, rationing and price increases on certain integrated circuit chips......

#926 3 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Next thing we know JJP is offering a $15k signature edition with a piece of a couch Slash sat on at JJP during his visit

Again I gotta ask: Where is our PanzerFreak and what have you done with him????

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=mrbally and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.