Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#590 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

When Wonka was unveiled, I was there. Saw this young, well to do guy give an opening speech via his cell phone. Later I found out Daddy had gifted him Jack's company. Not exactly something I admire there. Jack made the company, obviously with help, then was saved by a bored billionaire. Then his son received it, akin to a broke ass teen getting a hand me down Chevy.

Why the animosity towards Leonard or Brett ? Without Leonard there is a good chance that JJP would be long gone by now.

Yes Jack made the company. He was the one that approached Leonard. Leonard can be seen at the shows. And very far from bored. He loves pinball. I spoke with him on a WOZ issue on his game about the time he came into the company. When shows return, if you see him. Talk to him. He's a very nice gentleman.

Leonard didn't gift Brett the company. He does work for the company. And isn't a broke ass teen. If you ever see him. Talk to him. Very nice and a hard worker like his father.

And the company didn't just get up one morning and decide to screw people. The company resides in the real world. And products they need and raw materials they need have prices going up at a rapid pace.

As they keep ordering parts and supplies to continue production. And all of a sudden got hit with rising prices on these. Nobody gave them a warning or agreed to sell parts and supplies at the old prices.

Did you consider the LE's that were ordered before the cost increase that aren't built yet. Will cost more to build than those already built ? Yet JJP is holding the price on those games.

People buying later will pay more. Because the game will cost more to build.

Lloyd

#592 3 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Wait, Lloyd...were you expecting Pinsiders to NOT be judgmental???

I'm sorry. Day is just starting and not enough coffee yet.

I must have lost my head.

LTG : )

#607 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Lloyd, has Leonard and Son helped you during your struggles this year, like he did years ago when he backed out of banking? Non billionaire Pinsiders did help you.

No they haven't. And when you consider their many companies and employees. I'm sure they have other things to worry about. When Joe Harber was CEO, prior to COVID. He did offer JJP assistance.

Quoted from wesman:

Has he even sent a GnR your way....yet?

I don't believe either was in charge of that. Marcie and Jen did. An LE. Unfortunately two weeks before the previous closing. ( I am back open now ).

Quoted from wesman:

To get wealth, you step on the heads of countless people like myself, laborers.

Let it go. Everything they have, Leonard built himself.

#610 3 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-pin:

What's this with supply costs more now?

Read through the posts in this thread. There are posts reporting increases with companies they deal with or work for.

Maybe inflation ? Maybe with what is going on in the world with COVID. Which has effect much of the world, besides people.

#624 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Still, it's rich that anyone on here would defend billionaires over average folk.

Hey now. I've defended the proletariat too.

#702 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Frankly, I'd be very curious what JJP pays line workers,

Since they are in Chicago, I believe they have the $15 an hour minimum. And probably have to pay more for people that can actually work.

#703 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Not sure why so many of you guys defend this very optional entertainment product

I'm curious why so many attack it since the answer is simple. Don't buy it.

There are many options in pinball. Cheaper games. Used games. Games that don't work that you can fix up. Or even fix up games and sell for more and work your way up to a collection you want.

There are things in the world that are important. Pinball isn't one of them.

#722 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

I just don't get it Lloyd. You didn't need to come here to defend this move.

Sure I did. You could have had your say once and let it go. You are attacking a company and people I like, again and again.

Quoted from wesman:

They haven't bailed you out while you fight daily to survive, and they easily could have. $50,000 is like $50 for billionaires.

Not their job. Not expected of them. Or from any other billionaires you've mentioned.

Maybe you don't really know me. I'm on the downside of life. A life that I've dedicated the last 1/3rd of to trying to help people get the most out of their pinball machines. I don't have much time left. So I do what I enjoy. No matter how much bullshit I have to fucking put up with. I want to leave a legacy on Rec Games Pinball, and Pinside. To continue to help people long after I'm gone.

That is what makes me happy. That is Me. Even my arcade is an end to a means. Helping people where I can.

Quoted from wesman:

And again, do you think Jack fired Butch unceremoniously or maybe Leonard and or Brett did? I never want to buy from them again just for what they did to Butch Peel.

None of our business. Only Butch knows. And JJP knows. And any company that fires an employee will never say. There could be legal repercussions. Especially if something happened inside the company or outside, that the company has a zero tolerance for.

I had never met Frank. Communicated with him a lot. I liked him. And he was gone. It made me sad. I never questioned it or asked. Because it was none of my business and had no reflection on how I'd be helping customers with tech support.

Quoted from wesman:

Did anyone take a stand and threaten to leave after that? I doubt it. And people should have.

Anybody that has a job. Isn't going to quit because a person was let go. And have to go foraging for a new job. Every time USPS gets a new postmaster general. Do all the postal workers walk out and threaten to leave if they didn't get the old one back ?

Lloyd

#762 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Those people will not waste time talking with the little people, outside of a sales job/business arrangement. I assume I've had more private correspondence over the years with you than you and the Abess Family

You got that wrong.

#771 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

I was kissing his butt for nothing!

That reminds me Dave. You need Chapstick.

#873 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Theres a reason forums don't have a camera feature. Everyone looks like a built rockstar commenter behind a keyboard. lol

419963 (resized).jpg419963 (resized).jpg
    #884 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Lololol. You never looked like that even at 16!

I was close at 21.

21 (resized).jpg21 (resized).jpg
    #892 3 years ago
    Quoted from LesManley:

How long were you in martial arts?

Heavy into it, full contact about two years. Total three or four years.

#896 3 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

What’s folo?

Fear of losing out.

#980 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

People are still holding out for a TronVE release... so people can't let it go.

And PTC !

1 week later
    #1262 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinHigh1:

Sounds like a high integrity leader and businessman that likes pinball and takes care of his people. I like this guy!

When shows start up again. If you see him at a show. Take the time to meet him. Well worth a visit with him.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ltg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=ltg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.