Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider huggers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t see why there should be uproar about the price increase.
    Doesn’t affect existing deposits
    Supply and demand dictates price
    Their costs may have increased and they need to maintain a certain margin.
    They can’t build fast enough and need to slow to prevent a backlog too far in the future so they can move to the next game.
    Market is very strong - Accessories at inflated prices are selling out
    Jjp is a business
    It sucks for new entrants, but if you can afford 9500 for a game, can you really argue you can’t afford 10500. The SE is priced like a stern premium, but offers a lot more.
    If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. If enough people do that, price will fall. Or, find one on the secondary market, but even these are going above retail so how can anyone blame jjp.
    We don’t have all the facts. Jjp knows more about their business and the market than we do.

If you can afford 10500 can you really argue you can't afford 11500? How about 12500? Where does it end?

The last Stern Premium I played had a dinosaur on it that ate the ball and threw it about the place. The one before that had a projector built into it. The standard here has a pair of drumsticks on it. I was pretty stretched financially to afford an (unlimited run) Standard. Now they're unavailable and a grand more expensive even of I could get one. Kinda shitty

#157 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Read my post: “If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. If enough people do that, price will fall.” Where does it end? Ask delt31, he claims he has two buyers for his potc close to $20k.

I read it dude. Just a slightly poor take on what is likely some level of price gouging. It's all good, plenty of pins out there at a price I feel more comfortable with.

#169 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Balancing supply and demand is not price gouging. Price gouging is when demand sharply exceeds supply, particularly on essential items in an emergency situation, yet you keep raising prices to take advantage. Think of paper products and cleaning supplies last spring. Like you said, there are plenty of other pins out there at a price your are good with. If enough people feel that way, the price won’t hold.

Lmao You definitely just googled the definition . I'd say it's a fine line whether this constitutes gouging or not. I think if it was a few hundred quid I'd have been a bit more generous in my assessment but a grand. Jack and chums are having a laugh.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider huggers.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=huggers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.