Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#105 3 years ago

$10,500?! You Could Be Mine....But you won’t.

#141 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

How can the 'unlimited' SE be 'sold out'??
    http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Games/Guns-N-Roses/Guns-N-Roses-Standard-Edition-Pinball-Machine.html
    Not even taking back orders?
    Margin been squeezed too much?
    You can reserve an LE though!
    Hope they have not abandoned the SE version.

It's "sold out" because they make a sh*t ton more profit on an LE, so that's what you can buy.

Quoted from hoby1:

Just another reason I don't own a JJP.... fkn joke.
    10.5 without one single interactive toy.

You mean the most active scoop in pinball doesn't count?

Quoted from jfh:

This doesn’t bode well for Toy Story.

There's a snake in my b̶o̶o̶t̶ pinball manufacturer.

#160 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t see why there should be uproar about the price increase.
    If you don’t like the price, don’t buy it. If enough people do that, price will fall. Or, find one on the secondary market, but even these are going above retail so how can anyone blame jjp.

We don’t have all the facts. Jjp knows more about their business and the market than we do.

The first statement is the fact. JJP sees the market and decides to raise the price because they're going for BIG bucks aftermarket.

Do we think suddenly the manufacturing costs were raised for EVERYTHING a cool $1,000 on the nose? Nah.

It's simple: Demand exceeds supply. Let's get another $1,000, because we can.

Here's my question. Are they ARTIFICIALLY controlling the market by holding back manufacturing? You place an order and you have no idea when you'll receive your machine. There's no communication. No expected date. Who's to say they're NOT and this price gouge isn't just "part of the plan"?

#205 3 years ago

Imagine dropping $1000 non-refundable deposit on a $9500 game not knowing when you'll ever get it.

Now imagine doing that on a $10,500 game.
    source.gifsource.gif

Sorry. I believe this was planned all along. There's precedent. Instead we chalked it up to "Oh JJP just can't meet demand."

#280 3 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

There are other NIB options. American pinball hot wheels is priced reasonably and I was really impressed with with pricing on the AFM and monster Bash remakes when they were available. Great games reasonably priced.
    Having said that the hype for GNR is the theough the roof. I do not even like GNR and I would like to have one.
    Having said that 10 percent price hike is pretty big in one shot. But can’t say I blame them for trying.

Two things:

1) What's Spooky's next game?
    2) Stern TMNT Pro is ABSOLUTELY the best NIB value in pinball right now

#290 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    JERSEY JACK PINBALL LLC
    February 3, 2021:
    We raised our prices. Tough Titty. Don't like it don't buy it.
    Sincerely,
    JJP

Fixed:

JERSEY JACK PINBALL LLC
    February 3, 2021:

We raised our prices. Fuggetaboutit.

- JJP

#311 3 years ago
    Quoted from player-one:

I do not have any problem with JJP honoring the original price on pending orders while raising it future orders.

This isn't "honoring." LEGALLY they have to. You can't set a price, have a party send a deposit to reserve it, then raise the final price. It's not honorable. It's the law.

Listen this increase is to gouge the non-pinheads. Pinheads have already pre-ordered. New people was have ZERO clue that this was arbitrarily raised for them.

Is it crappy? Yes. Is $1K an arbitrary increase? Of course. But it largely will make your $9500 game more valuable, until the market gets flooded with GNR LEs.

#318 3 years ago

Is your deposit refundable? JJP deposits are not (usually). You should legally be able to back out.

#516 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just call the guy you sold the Hobbit to and inform him that under your new pricing structure he owes you $1,000.

Brilliant. Hilarious. Both.

#742 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jokerman:

Why did JJP raise prices?
    It’s kinda simple.
    Because they can.
    If people choose not to buy on principle because of a price hike, that’s one less game JJP have to make when the game is popular and production purportedly can’t keep up. They win.
    If people choose to pay the extra $1k. They win

This was part of their plan. The core pinheads will get their game at the low, low price of $9500. If demand increases, we'll get the chance to raise it for others. 99% of future buyers will never know. Manufacturing costs didn't increase. Profits did, though. It's pretty simple.

#798 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nickson:

GNR SE is way better than avengers pro

Both have passive spinning disks (Yay!?) but AIQ wins the ramp battle.

#821 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Phew! Finally....the silence is over, and JJP has posted via their social media accounts, and addressed the GnR price increase...!!!
    [quoted image]

Jeff looks different that I expected.

#853 3 years ago
    Quoted from Straight_Flush:

I was saving for a SE, finally Jack made a pin that I felt was affordable. Then he goes and raises his price 1k? Keep your pin jack. Hot wheels is a bargain @ 6300 free topper,side blades,shaker motor.

Quoted from Straight_Flush:

To me this increase is a middle finger to the average joe pinball collector.

Well, kind of. They're not catering to anyone who doesn't have the money. The original pricing did that when you think about it. This pin should be an operator's dream with a kick-ass theme and basically no powered mechs to break down, but the price is tough. Now it's tougher.

The first big massive buying frenzy wave has passed. The next orders are from collectors / people with no money issues. They have no idea there's an increase.

You're collateral damage.

2 weeks later
    #1278 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

They say it's bad to buy a car built on a Friday...
    You have to hope that you don't get a machine built during hour 19 of their 20 hour shift.

No worries...

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
    #1469 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Thats what happened to me. Slow to repond, lots of emails sent back and forth, then they call and im like finally they are going to make it right, but no, i was told the Company no longer is sending out playfields for this issue. I had no problem paying for a JJP game, everyone tells me how great they are with customer service, but i think that was when jack was running things, i think things are different now, i think they should be honest about it and let the buyers know upfront. I would have made a different decision had i known.

Quoted from pinghetto:

But, what are you gonna do? I'm in the same position with a different Mirco reproduction playfield. Started chipping after less than 20 plays. This just happened this week. And was basically told to go fuck myself.
    There just isn't much you can do...

This SUCKS. It seems there’s not much JJ in JJP anymore. The Bailout Boys are in charge now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider guinnesstime.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=guinnesstime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.