Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#48 3 years ago

I saw OPs post before dinner and said this guy has to be wrong. I saw this thread blew up and knew JJP actually jacked the price 1k.

Wow. Poor showing by JJP on this. Not mid run.

As an owner of GnR LE, it's as if we got a 1k discount but it shouldn't be done this way. I also laugh when I think about how much JJP would charge for a rerun of pirates. I own that as well and next to each other it's a night and day diff. All the lights in the world can't change real toys, layout and widebody goodness. The price on pirates would have to be 4-6k more.

#60 3 years ago

ok - glad to hear it's on new orders.

I still think a 1k jump is way too much all at once though.

Market won't care - idiots buying toppers for 2k. So in the end, if I'm in the JJP accounting department, I'm doing the same I guess. These companies will continue to price gauge us if we continue acting like idiots.

#70 3 years ago

Just got off the phone with JJP.....

They told me now that their playfields don't chip and are defect free, they're imposing a 1k price increase....b/c why not. Then the person abruptly ended the call by saying BUY BUY BUY toppers are selling for 2k BUY BUY BUY and get ready for DLC suckers.

very interesting. We might need another awards show to figure this one out.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Holy crap. Open the gates. Here come the secondary $20k POTC LEs or are we there already?

already there. have two open offers on my LE just shy of 20k but I just can't pull the trigger. Mine is really loaded though. Price will only increase. JJP isn't making them again.

#144 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Just another reason I don't own a JJP.... fkn joke.
    10.5 without one single interactive toy.

Well to be fair, the original JJP really brought the toys with woz and potc being amazing examples.

New JJP I do agree, weak sauce with the toys.

#202 3 years ago

Now I’m really curious to see Toy Story and how that unfolds with price structure for that one. So much anticipated toy mechs/features then we may have ever seen in pinball. Wishful thinking of course. Clearly this hike is setting up for new release and will just get worse.

This is the new jjp. I think you're thinking of the old Jersey Jack pinball out of NJ. That company I would expect toys and gadgets etc. This company has clearly changed their strategy. It started with Wonka, continued with GnR and I would be very surprised if it doesn't extend to TS.

I still appreciate their games but loaded widebodies are dead

#222 3 years ago

No. Thinking the new JJP finished in NJ with Wonka with the mass expectation of so much more toys,gadgets and movie integration. No wide body for TS but price hike it will continue imo. Its not like its going to be announced tomorrow and on the line next week. Another year perhaps if were lucky. Who knows. But if there was a JJP in my immediate sights it would be Wonka. Delt, your POTC I would hold onto. Great game.

I agree. After seeing this GnR price grab and their approach for newer games, POTC is staying. I don't think you'll see a game like that again unless they decide to issue a special run which that case will be a ton of money any way. Way too much of a headache to produce and for who? People in this hobby spend a ton of money of toppers and empty games. Why would they even bother?

At the same time though, as an owner of GnR LE, you now need to price this into resell otherwise, you're even dumber than the people buying toppers for 2k.

#352 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

So basically the CE owners paid an extra $2K for rad cals, lock down bar emblem, skull shooter, powder coating, laser cut rails, coma lock, upgraded play field, and extra lighting....

but they're stuck with that purple inferior artwork ; )

Speaking of CEs, if I was someone that wants one, the market is starting to flood with them as I expected (majority bought to flip). Just let these guys compete against themselves for a month or so and then step in.

#387 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where are the cheap munsters? Or Hobbits? Don't see 'em.
    You guys just make this shit up.

oh Levi..... Munsters and Stranger Thing prices are in the toilet. I know you love stern but cmon now son.

7200 for a LE is great right?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/100587

Check the marketplace.

#395 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This has nothing to do with your obsession for Stern, wasn't even thinking about fanboyisms. You just can't help yourself can you!
    I'll grant you I'm not hip to the LE market, so instead of doing the Pinside thing where I just argue pointlessly for 5 posts I'll say you are right.
    I'm thinking Pros. Show me a Stern pro from the last 10 years that isn't WWE for under $4000 and I'll buy it. The guy made a point that "you lose thousands on NIB games!!!!" If he's only talking about LEs who gives a shit? Those are few and far between and it's a TINY segment of the market. If you buy an LE expect to lose money.
    Honestly at this point I don't even know what I'm arguing about. I'm sure It'll come to me!

OK - that makes sense. I agree with you - pro is always the best price point and will be pretty rock solid price wise.

#498 3 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

We are in a pandemic, pinball is a luxury and right now people cant make a living and most don't have disposable cash. They should be glad to be staying a float.
    Sounds like a one of the dumbest game plans I ever heard.....changing the price point after putting it out there.
    What a joke.

Nah - people in pinball have disposable cash. A lot of it.

Quoted from zaphX:

Demand didn't increase just because production stopped.
    The real reason demand shot up is: people thought the game was going to suck due to 2 mechs being removed and weak asset use. There was quite the pinside brigade against it.
    Then once people got a chance to actually play it, they realized it was still an amazing game with the faults...but by then it was too late, sales were slow enough JJP already made their call.
    It's a great game that people love, that is why it remains highly sought after and at a high price.

I love you Derrick but demand definitely increased bc production stopped. Yes the game is also awesome and loaded but people love a good rare pinball

#502 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

Prices are up across the board right now. And I added value to my WOZ by doing the 2.0 light board swap.

You're exactly right. People that doubt the value you added don't understand the situation with WoZ. Light boards will fail eventually with anything but 2.0. to install is a pain in the ass.

WoZ in generally has really started to go up in value recently and ones with 2.0 even more. Derrick is 100% right

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinFever:

aLREADY 6 sold CE for crazy resale and didnt even open the box... and currently have 3 more '
    almost 10 scalped already .
    Must be a great game to not keep it !
    Or a Great Opp for someone to $$$$$$$$

just the beginning. People need to hold off and let the market saturate. So many flippers just dying to list theirs

#850 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why are you people expecting JJP to launch a multimedia PR campaign explaining and promoting their price increases?
    Pretty sure that’s never happened in the history of business.
    Pinball people live in la la land.

I have to agree. Why would jjp address this via Twitter? In fact why would they address it at all? They know people in this hobby are idiots and spend 2k on toppers..... so they “Jack” it up 1k. That’s it. Continue being stupid and it’s another 1k before Labor Day.

2 weeks later
    #1440 3 years ago

I'm late to the party - noticed this thread continues to get bumped and bumped. Then I read what's going on.

What a car wreck haha

Aaaaaaand thats enough for me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.