Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1083 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Can kids afford to buy Toy Story ....... lol
    I echo above, zero interest level.

Well I'm only guessing, but you might not be the right age for it. I'm in my 30's and can vividly remember being a 9-year-old when the first Toy Story came out. Was blown away by the CGI and by how fully-realized the world of the movie was. Plus, toys! And I've enjoyed the sequels that have come since to various degrees. Toy Story is definitely not a for-kids-only property, like say TeleTubbies.

So yeah, I'm interested because I do enjoy the theme for many reasons, I bet JJP could put a lot of toys and mechs into it that would tie into the IP, and also because Toy Story would be a theme that would hit better with my 8yo daughter than any of my recent pin purchases.

So last time I checked I'm not a kid, and I can afford to buy a JJP if I want to.

#1109 3 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

Demand for these NIB games is not inelastic. There is a limit and they are just about there.
    I know if Stern tries to raise prices another $500-1000k, I'm out. I have already written off any JJP games since my miserable experience with a WOZ and never ending light board issues a few years back (I know too many other JJP owners with maintenance and/or playfield issues to want to go down that road again).
    I could still afford to buy at a higher price but because I recognize the pricing has exceeded their real value (at least to me), I won't buy NIB going forward at these prices. Many others including operators will be priced out. As the economy shifts to away from home entertainment, many of these overpriced games will sit unsold.
    We'll agree to disagree I guess. People and these companies seem to think Covid is going to last forever. It won't and people, including me, are going to start spending their money on fun away from the home. Don't shoot the messenger.

Quoted from Methos:

Honestly, you're just guessing. I would think that JJP and Stern know what the market will bear based on sales, pre orders, distributor feedback, and other means.

I do think that there is a threshold at which more and more people get priced out, or a point at which people decide the cost isn't worth it anymore. I don't know where that line is, but I do think there is a line.

And I do believe there is a price-point where the really wealthy, cost-is-no-object, collectors won't be able to make up for the lost revenue from the more modestly budgeted / value-oriented collectors.

4 months later
    #1506 2 years ago
    Quoted from thechakapakuni:

The biggest issue justifying the price increase is their shitty playfields, poor customer service, and zero warranty for playfields makes JJP very undesirable for any pin. I have one on order and leaning on flipping it

Preach!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.