Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 3 years ago

I love how people justify the price increase because of the pandemic. Wouldn't that mean prices will drop $1000 when it's over? Quit making excuses for them and call a spade a spade. They know they got a hot title on their hand and want to cash in.

#574 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hands down. I’m out now because: (a) not worth explaining to the Mrs. why the games costs the extra money, and (b) id feel like a total sucker paying the extra $1,000 that it didn’t cost two days ago. No one wants to feel like a sucker and JJP just set it up to where whomever buys this game over the next few months will feel like a sucker.

Come on Tiger. You have 23 games and many are very expensive titles. If you don't want to buy one now based on principle I get it but having to explain an extra grand to the wife just sounds silly. Plus selling Met and TNA would offset the costs of GnR.

I missed out on a very good deal on black Friday for a subwoofer and even though the price is higher now people are still buying them and not feeling like a sucker. Sometimes if you snooze you lose. While some on here will refuse to buy one there are plenty of newbies who are not on pinside that will buy one not even knowing the price was raised.

Just wait and pick one up HUO. JJP is making a shit ton of LE's and they will be a dime a dozen. I've spent a lot if time on both versions and while it's a good game it's far from the best ever like many are proclaiming.

#650 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Almost all raw materials are in short supply. Please look at the lumber market. All electronics supply chains are in short supply. With more people at home video conferencing etc it has driven demand. JJP it is about supply and demand. While no one likes a increase. I would imagine gnr still selling well. The stronger JJP is the better games will be. TAF’s success created many great games. Same will be for JJP. These companies are NOT non profit charities. The better JJP does the better the future products they develop.

Then I guess when things get back to normal and the prices of raw materials comes back down we can expect JJP to lower their prices.

#669 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Yes electronic components are in short supply. Go to a micro center store. For example graphic cards are near impossible to find. It is slowly working itself out but higher margin products getting supply first. Wood is up over 30 percent in 90 days. Supply chain issues and additional regulations. If a home builder it is challenging right now on raw materials but demand for homes through the roof.

I don't need to go to a store to know what is going on with pricing of raw materials. The company I work for produces over 25 million tons of material every year so we use lots of raw materials. My point was everyone makes excuses for when a pinball company raises prices such as raw material costs however you never see the company lower the price when raw materials decrease. I don't fault JJP because they are in business to make money but everyone needs to quit making excuses for them and call it what it is, a money grab.

#716 3 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, I guess that I can't say how it works in Canada, but here in the US that's exactly how it works. The Supply/Demand balance affects price.
    $1K sounds like a big increase, but it's only about 12%. A 12% increase, or 12% reduction in the price of something is not unusual.
    When you go to the grocery store, you'll see lots of stuff at 15% off. You'll also see stuff 15% higher (they just don't post a sign to draw your attention to it).

As if carguments were not bad enough now we have to compare pinball machines to grocery stores.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chooch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=chooch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.