Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#731 3 years ago

JJP has always been the price leader.
    And that isn't in a good way.
    Actions like the latest are a perfect example of them doing whatever they want... And we as consumers lapping it up.

I wasn't a jjp supporter before, and I'm not starting.

We really do need a price correction crash.

#735 3 years ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

people tripping over themselves to buy $1k toppers... and people willing to buy 10k games from prophets

Absolutely no argument there. Sadly.

#889 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

JJP prices are now $4000 to $6000 over Stern’s for the same 3 tiers. (Yes, JJP has used tricky marketing wording on those 3 tiers, but they’re the same 3 tiers.)

Blink, blink...
    Is that for real? Is it really that much? Seriously?

#891 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

too many people let others judge for them, or played one that wasn't properly set up

Or people wouldn't support a thief and his design...

#911 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

Joe Balser is a thief? That’s news to me, do tell

come on... don't be obtuse.
    You know that Houdini was original a game used by JPOP to rip off your fellow pinheads.
    I really don't care if Joe came in and fixed the game to make it ready for production.
    It's a bad-blood game designed by a Thief.
    Splitting hairs doesn't change the fact that American Pinball started off by throwing their lot in with that Thief. They'll never be "Right with me" because of it.

I wanted to like Hot Wheels or Octoberfest; but again... I haven't trusted American Pinball with my money because of their first game. One day; maybe they'll do a title I have to have at a reasonable price; then maybe I'll get over the first game. So far; they haven't.

#929 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

They didn’t use JPOPs design. As far as I can tell, Houdini is open IP... anyone can use it. It’s not like they paid JPOP for Houdini. They didn’t use JPOP’s art, either. It was their game from the ground up and they sold it at a fair price without requiring preorders.

Sorry; I disagree. Look at the layout of the "demo" playfield... and the production machine.
    The layout is too similar - maybe some minor adjustments to address bad geometry.
    JPOP did get a salary for a while under AP... until they figured out he was a hack.

Look; I get it... you wanna like your games. It's your right to stick your head in the sand or choose to ignore it.

It's also my right to voice my concerns about them taking a bad-blood game and make it a reality.
    Very similar to Pinball Brothers trying Alien. DeepRott doing Zombie game from ?JPOP?. Now all someone needs to do is Predator.
    Simply put; I have zero faith in companies copying an infamous game to try and profit. Leave a bad taste in my mouth. You don't have to agree; but it is a concern for some of us.

#979 3 years ago
    Quoted from zaphX:

People really need to let this go. If it was going to happen, it would have.

People are still holding out for a TronVE release... so people can't let it go.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Zitt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=Zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.