Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#201 3 years ago

I agree that a company can charge anything it wants for its product and that it should maximize profits. BUT . . .

Changing your initial price this close to release just reeks of incompetence. If JJP can't get their shit together about the market and pricing this far in the game, they look like their making shit up as they go along. When they pulled the monkey out of WOZ and raised the price, I was shocked that people actually bought it.

And for those of you mentioning the frenzy of ppl buying games no matter what the price increase, remember that most of them are buying them without even playing the damned game. With CEs, they are buying them based on a quick video if that.

I'm with Rotordave: I'll stick with my current collection. I just wish I had 120 pins!

#772 3 years ago

Sad part in the steep increase in pricing is that a lot of middle class people that would normally get into this hobby won't be able to. I know it's always been a semi-rich guy's hobby, but even used prices are getting crazy. It's truly becoming a hobby for the wealthy and the grandfathered, like real estate in dense cities like New York.

I make good money, but I wouldn't have joined the party at these prices. Pinball is fun, but it's not THAT fun.

#844 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Get a JP Pro instead and save even more bucks.
    Actually ... for $10,500 you could almost get a JP Pro AND an AIQ Pro. Sorta a no brainer ...
    rd

Or maiden pro + jp pro huo combo for close to the same price. Absolute no brainer.

Never thought I'd be pushing stern spike machines over jjp. How times have changed.

1 week later
    #1179 3 years ago
    Quoted from Knxwledge:

How much of that complaining translates to lost sales? I would wager not much

I would wager the opposite.

The increase shows that JJP will appreciate customers in thin times, and turn their back when times are good. This is their first hit since Woz. The tides will turn again, and trust me, it will not bode well for them. I am out on all future JJP games on principle, not to mention the distro BS they pulled. In an industry like this, keeping customers is going to be important when it swings. Stern is getting just as bad, and the used market is already getting crazier in response to these companies' greed.

Watch a Jeff Bezos YouTube video from the 90s about customer service and ask yourself if jjps decision is wise for the business. It seems that everyone is looking short term...

#1204 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

But this notion that JJP has somehow wronged anyone is ridiculous. They haven't hurt anyone one.

Please use quotes if you're going to start with a claimed argument so that we can avoid fallacies. Who said they were wronged and/or hurt?

The point here is customer relations. Do I want to do business with a company that shorts distros that stood by them when times were tough, all to make a short term buck? Do I want to do business with a company that raises prices on a whim for a quick buck, screwing over those who would actually like to try the game? I honestly thought this company was way above both of those decisions.

For me I will vote with my wallet. It's going to be damned hard for them to earn my trust back. I hope other companies will step up and fill the void.

They can do what they want, but selling off their rep for quick cash deserves criticism IMHO.

Maybe I'm wrong and the blind buying frenzy will continue. I won't be a part of it.

#1214 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

There. That’s your wronged/hurt quote.
    Again. We’re talking about a toy that previously cost $9.5k... no one is getting screwed over.
    No one in this forum knows why they raised prices. You can speculate, but no one has a single scintilla of a fact. Maybe it has little to do with greed. Perhaps Covid manufacturing is costing them more than they had projected? Perhaps certain materials/components that JJP uses have sky rocketed in price? Perhaps it’s both of those and they’re looking to make a little bit of extra profit?

Fair enough. I suppose I do feel they wronged distros. You disagree?

They could have announced why they raised the price. Their potential customers might like to know. I smell a lack of planning and greed. If they don't want to clear it up, so be it. Just like the playfield issue.

American, p3 etc are now on my radar. I'll probably just stick with what I have. 12 feels like too many. I don't know how rotor Dave does it!

#1302 3 years ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Good lord....the last thing we need is more unions

Agreed, let's get kids back in the workplace and pay women half. The good old days couldn't come back quicker!

#1421 3 years ago

From my experience, you shouldn't compare working on machines to the manufacturing line. I find working on machines relaxing, but most assembly lines are about repetition and meeting targets. I worked a few in my younger years, and each one was a special type of hell, even for the most positive individuals. They always devolve into "we want faster with fewer errors." Supervisors get stressed. People start beaking.

It's nothing like tinkering, trust me.

#1425 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I worked in a factory back in the day... oh wait no one gives a fuck.

Um... Actually, if you have something constructive to add about labour in the pinball market, we actually would give a fuck. I'm sure no one gives a fuck with your shitty attitude though.

#1429 3 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

If you read the room you would see most people are ready to move on. I was pretty over the top with the smarmy sarcasm and you still missed the point.

We've heard your shit about "working in the video game industry" a bazillion times and really could use a break. But you know what? We tolerate it because we're not dicks. Be a dick. I don't care. I didn't miss anything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tranquilize.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=Tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.