Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sako-TRG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

Surely if you paid a 1k deposit upon release of pin, you are locked in on the original price.
    Consumer law, at least in UK won’t allow the uplift to be added.

#15 3 years ago

I can tell you right from the get go.
    UK consumer law, I’ll be covered. If the Distro decides he is hiking the price, I’ll get my deposit back. I really want my GnR...but I’m a stubborn twat, out of shear principle, I’m not getting fleeced, I’ll cancel my order.

#23 3 years ago

Makes you wonder if JJP have done this deliberately to slow down the orders, call me sceptical. The production line and staff must be exhausted.

#308 3 years ago

I’m waiting for the punchline.
    JJP will come out and surprise us all with an official statement informing they are using the price hike to fire up an additional production line to clear the backlog!
    Buyers will receive their GnR LEs soonest

#424 3 years ago

JJP increasing the price a good financial decision?
    Not sure about that one. Only time will tell as the orders may take a nose dive.
    Supply could go up, whilst demand comes down...... going forward.

#431 3 years ago

I guess JJP may have added the extra pin dollars to cater for increase in staffing on the line.
    New and existing workers doing overtime, packing, logistics etc..... to meet the demand.
    That would make more sense without eating into profits.
    Perhaps they got caught out slightly with such a great title.
    Unit production capacity per week may start to increase post hike, if it doesn’t then we will know.

#449 3 years ago

If I’m honest, I thought on release the GnR would have been more expensive.
    I’m locked in on the old price, but with the hike..... it’s psychological and still = panty liners !!

#617 3 years ago

I’m not completely sold on having this 1k increase due to the higher cost of BOM.
    1k is quite an increase in terms of material cost.
    Wood price increase?
    Not like the cabinet and playfield are made of mahogany or top grade walnut.
    Plywood isn’t rocking horse shit.
    Manufacturers have the power to squeeze their suppliers and source elsewhere.
    Also, loads of businesses have been dealt a blow with Covid, there’s a knock on affect. Company A takes a hit then Company B takes a hit, shit rolls down hill.........
    You think retailers are paying maximum price for produce right now? Retail tenants paying maximum price to the landlords?
    Everyone is being squeezed.

When Covid dissipates and everything stabilises in the future, interested to see if the pin price will go back down.

I wonder what the existing GnR LE margin is per unit on old pricing.

I would like to think the hike is to get the line moving - increase production rate, extra staffing, overtime, more shifts etc.....

#653 3 years ago

09D95C4C-6E9E-4D8E-A40E-6E0BAE4D1AD1 (resized).jpeg09D95C4C-6E9E-4D8E-A40E-6E0BAE4D1AD1 (resized).jpeg

#843 3 years ago

I’m still sore over missing out on the Collectors Edition.
    I know it sounds silly but I would rather it had been a time locked system for the CE.
    - JJP releases new pin
    - Pinheads get chance to see 3 versions
    - CE gets 5 days then locked out - no more sales - they could round the number up to the nearest mark - say 650 or so...

I know it will potentially increase the CE numbers, at least collectors gets a fair crack of the whip, chance to research prior to making their mind up before dropping a boat load of cash.
    At least there won’t be any excuses.

1 week later
    #1052 3 years ago

Can kids afford to buy Toy Story ....... lol
    I echo above, zero interest level.

1 week later
    #1448 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

My playfield had cracking and its missing art on left and right slings posts, they sent me black washers to cover it, but it past the washers, i notified them in early December, i have a phone conversation with barry engler told me the company will no longer send playfields for this issue but they would send washers. I already used the washers, this issue started after 100 plays, im at 200 now. My response was, jjp should let buyers know that if they have chipping cracking missing art playfields they JJP is no longer sending replacement playfields. Im sure the buyers would like to know this before they drop 10k + on a game.

Unbelievable, is this for real?

#1452 3 years ago
    Quoted from Colehvac1:

Distributor sent an email, this response was after that email, this has been going on since December, i was told upper management and ownership was aware of my situation and this was the outcome/decision.

So JJP knew many peeps had PF issues, informed them to hang fire initially and are now telling them - no resolution other than washer coverup?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sako-TRG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=Sako-TRG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.