Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 months ago

I don't remember ever seeing a price increase this high all at once. Pretty crazy.

I played GnR last weekend and thought it was great, but man, how high can these prices keep climbing? I know demand is through the roof on this one, and no doubt this had a lot to do with them raising the price by $1k..."because they can."

#214 8 months ago

The question I have is whether this means the next JJP LE will be priced at $10,500.00 from day one?

Or is this $1k price increase limited to GnR?

#894 8 months ago

I guess I was one of the "lucky" ones, as I placed my order for GnR LE the day before the price hike.

The funny thing is that I was literally in the middle of asking for my refund back (the next day) after receiving a more accurate date for receiving the pin. I just didn't feel that I had the stomach to wait that long. Then I get a text from my distributor (after he had already agreed to give me my deposit back) telling me about the $1k price increase. I told him to give me a few hours to think it over.

In the end, I told him I was going to stay in.

The reasons? 1) I have played the pin, I like it, and it looks fantastic; 2) FOLO

So if JJP raised the price by $1k in order to prevent people from asking for deposits back, it worked...at least on me. And I feel like I have been completely manipulated!

1 week later
    #1072 8 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lamburger would be right except *I* know of another Canadian distributor who has sold 256 preorder spots for GNR with the new pricing structure.
    No matter how you look at it, that more than makes up for the "Lamburger Loss" in this market. JJP prevails!

If this is true, I will truly never get my game.

#1175 7 months ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

When you figure out that marketers are constantly using FOMO as their main marketing tool these days, it’s very easy to step off the hype train.
    rd

These days?

This is hardly anything new. Companies using FOMO as a marketing tool has been going on since forever.

1 week later
    #1450 7 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

Wow .... total BS on JJP's part .... so essentially their saying theres ZERO warranty on the play fields? Is this in writing somewhere?

I was reminded recently from a JJP distributor that there is no warranty at all to anyone but the original purchaser. So if you buy a GNR from anyone other than a JJP distributor, you have no warranty.

#1457 7 months ago
    Quoted from PtownPin:

I'm aware of that policy; however this policy of not replacing play fields under any circumstance is a new one....

And both policies suck

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside