Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PokerJake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Now I’m really curious to see Toy Story and how that unfolds with price structure for that one. So much anticipated toy mechs/features then we may have ever seen in pinball. Wishful thinking of course. Clearly this hike is setting up for new release and will just get worse.

I don't think JJP will be around to release Toy Story, it's almost 2 years out anyway based on JJPs releases. Toy Story is a grail theme and hope they make it but there is probably more behind the price hike instead of supply/demand. I guess it's a good thing JJP games aren't that good, besides DI, that way the price hike won't affect me. They can make them look nice but they play like shit.

#343 3 years ago
    Quoted from FalconDriver:

Ok so are the SE now priced along side Stern's Premiums or they above now?

Above by almost $600 after you factor in shipping, which is included in the Stern price.

#347 3 years ago
    Quoted from Myles32:

Guess I will never own a JJP game

That's not a bad thing

#489 3 years ago
    Quoted from 27dnast:

I can understand feeling disappointed that pinball pricing has skyrocketed. I’ve been disappointed about that for years. But I don’t think this is greed, it’s just smart business.
    If we were talking about a lifesaving medication or a necessity for daily survival... then I’d shout greed. But we’re talking about a niche non-essential toy that no one technically needs to survive (outside of coin op folks). They are a very small manufacturer that is experiencing unprecedented demand... there’s no rule that says they can’t adjust pricing.
    Besides, who knows how JJP is being pinched by various vendors. It could be that someone is jacking the cost of core electronics in the game.
    Luckily, you, as a potential customer, can vote with your wallet. Eventually, if enough people join you, JJP and Stern will reverse the motion of their pricing models. But, I think there’s a really good chance that buyers will continue to fork over cash. So, it’s probably prudent to adjust expectations and appreciate the fact that pinball has become this healthy of a industry.

This isn't a healthy sign, otherwise AP, CGC and Stern would be raising they're prices 1k. Instead Stern raised theirs $100 like they do every other year, AP dropped theirs from $7300 to $6300 with Hot Wheels(excellent game), CGC remakes after MM started at $6k.

#503 3 years ago
    Quoted from DeathHimself:

Stern just jacked (no pun intended) EHOH by $500.00, and actually did it to those who had pre orders already down for more the 6 months or so.

EHOH isnt a cornerstone release

Quoted from 27dnast:

Dumbfuck, eh? That's real classy.
    Anyone buying modern games NIB are part of the problem they shout down with disgust. Feeding the machine and crying about it at the same time.

Stern, CGC, and AP are all contenders for NIB with me without complaint

#649 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Better" is the main issue here. Round here "Better" usually means "more stuff."

A jukebox with flashing lights

1 week later
    #1057 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Can kids afford to buy Toy Story ....... lol
    I echo above, zero interest level.

This kid can, grail theme

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PokerJake.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=PokerJake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.