Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#382 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It does?
    Stern NIB games seem to drop $500-1000 MAX over the last few years.
    Same thing with JJP games. Am I missing something?
    If NIB games really were dropping "thousands" in value, I'd be buying them. And I don't see shit as far as that kind of available inventory!

Ask everyone who bought the Munsters LE and sold for a loss. You get a bad title it will drop like a rock. Hobbit? Dropped like a rock.

#402 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where are the cheap munsters? Or Hobbits? Don't see 'em.
    You guys just make this shit up.
    You are cherry picking a couple titles, but for the vast majority of games, depreciation is low low low. Which is one of the reasons people keep buying them.
    15 years ago you lost 25 percent value when you opened the box, on ANY title. Totally different world than now.

I have had hobbit le since new. Friends have sold between $6600-7200. I paid $8600 for it. Got offered 7200 for it last week. WOZ still not worth what I paid new. 15 years ago you lost 25 percent out of the box is because we had 1 game that saved pinball, called Lord of the Rings. One manufacture barely hanging on. Everyone was worried no parts.

#403 3 years ago
    Quoted from darkryder:

Well, not all of them, but some I would definitely take a bath on if I sold them. The sales tax + shipping on new pins is obviously sunk money. Long term, it all seems to balance out...I've made money on some and lost on others. No way I'm paying more than $12.5K for a new pin that sits and collects dust 99% of the time. Crazy how the price of pins skyrocketed during the middle of a global pandemic, but that's good old supply and demand, I suppose.

Home gym equipment did also.

#404 3 years ago

Costs have really risen on wood and fuel recently. If they can sell them for $1000 more so be it. I think it will be difficult.

#442 3 years ago
    Quoted from Thunderbird:

The big issue with JJP games in Oz: selling used they drop near 30% in value (not sure why JJP drop more than other companies on the whole). So with shipping JJP costs a mid tier (which JJP labels as an LE, but 5,000 of anything in pinball is light years away from being limited) game is nearly $17,500.00 shipped. On used market same game will sell for around $12k. That is such a big hit, so wait till HUO comes up for sale, which they always do and save about $5.5k.

Agreed nothing for sale now. It is the hot pin. It will happen when the “the guy” needs space for the next hot released pin he has to have. On Star Trek LE game it proved a LE of 799 is just too big. You can patiently find one. A LE run of 5000 is not a unique. Best thing for JJP was have truly limited game like PoTC as everyone is trying to buy the next one. If they restart production it will end that highly sought after status. Being a rare success story is like finding a gem and helps market jjp as a “collectible” item.

#548 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Define “tanked”. Hobbit was $7500 NIB. I bought one for $6500. Is that “tanked” or “normal”? When Sterns like Elvis, Sopranos & South Park were $3500 NIB, you could get them used all day long for like $1500. Seems like games that depreciate today still hold a significant amount of their value.

My hobbit le delivered was not $7500. It was $8478.06. Saw invoice yesterday.

#567 3 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

Please understand that this is not price gouging.
    This is a small American company trying to keep the lights on. They achieve this with higher margins.
    JJP is not making small widgets. Unlike Stern games, these are large, heavy boxes with many bells and whistles, but I digress .
    Everyone is paying for COVID in one way or another. Prices are being increased throughout the entire supply chain. It's now trickling down to the consumer. You're going to continue to see price increases on various goods this year.
    For example, if/when you can actually find a spot on a cargo plane, air freight is far more expensive now vs. prior to the pandemic. Boats are also backed up at the ports, which is currently creating a logistics logjam on shore. There's even a shortage on cardboard right now. As some others mentioned, tariffs and the chipset shortage are impacting several industries, including mine.
    The U.S. Fed is downplaying inflation, but everyone on this site can feel that the threat is real in one way or another no matter where they live. We are seeing it with food, housing, and raw materials. It shouldn't be a surprise that it can also impact a hobby like pinball.

I agree material through the roof. Inflation is here but still not reported. Wood is up 37 percent in 90 days.

#568 3 years ago

I understand the increase and their call as an owner. The pin is selling well. The issue I have is the JJP are expensive to maintain. They have a great tech support team but I should not have to “deal” with game with chipped playfields broken parts etc. Buy light boards again and again. Woz the whole kits are not even in stock etc. I have had challenges with Stern but once the game gets sorted out it is rock solid. I am hoping GNR is a success that the R&D to launch future games will be there.

#572 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I’ve owned and operated 8 JJP pins I bought NIB. JJP tech/warranty support is second to none. JJP has been the cheapest pin to maintain for me and they have had the best resale value as a whole. I will say JJPs can be finicky at times but usually ironed out.
    With the exception of the light board issues, I don’t know of any major issues that the expense fell on the owners.

Yes tech support is top notch as I stated earlier. Unfortunately your experience has not been mine or of my local pinsiders friends. I am the local jjp fan support guy. Some will never go back as chatted with two yesterday. You had no playfield issues on POTC? You didn’t have to pay for the light kit upgrade $799 and the long hours to install. I am glad to hear that. I hope they have GNR all dialed in.

#643 3 years ago
    Quoted from jhoward1082:

Exactly, which is why it’s great to have options. I would much rather JJP continue on their current path to designing/building games than to compromise everywhere to get down to Stern’s price point. For more price conscious customers, Stern is a great option.

I would rather better games at a higher price than ok games at a lower prices. Gnr is selling well. Watch the others will increase. All materials have increased.

#645 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Wesman, I understand where you are coming from. You do not want wealth, you want happiness and wealth has absolutely nothing to do with happiness. Life is about those small short moments and no amount of money is worth those moments. Find happiness in those little moments and just live. Focus on that and not what other people have spent/spend their time on. Just some friendly advice.
    On topic. Where is the origin of these price increases? I don't believe it is covid related. A friend of mine worked in sales (large company so I won't mention what company) and I asked him how are sales? He said "Good but I need gas to go up." I didn't understand why until he replied, "So I can charge more to increase profit margin."

Almost all raw materials are in short supply. Please look at the lumber market. All electronics supply chains are in short supply. With more people at home video conferencing etc it has driven demand. JJP it is about supply and demand. While no one likes a increase. I would imagine gnr still selling well. The stronger JJP is the better games will be. TAF’s success created many great games. Same will be for JJP. These companies are NOT non profit charities. The better JJP does the better the future products they develop.

#646 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

"Better" is the main issue here. Round here "Better" usually means "more stuff."

True I am hoping better game play or themes. The rule set on these new pins is as deep as ever. If it wasn’t for JJP no rgb lights, no color large display, no wide body pinball machines, and no improved oem sound. Jjp did all those. Are they perfect no but I am glad they are doing well on GNR. Their tech support has always been top notch.

#666 3 years ago
    Quoted from chooch:

Then I guess when things get back to normal and the prices of raw materials comes back down we can expect JJP to lower their prices.

In a perfect world. The US government can’t keep printing money without devaluation of the currency. All my used heavy construction equipment machinery has gone up in the last year. Last time I saw this was 2008-2010. It was because of printing money. I think the same is happening now.

Yes electronic components are in short supply. Go to a micro center store. For example graphic cards are near impossible to find. It is slowly working itself out but higher margin products getting supply first. Wood is up over 30 percent in 90 days. Supply chain issues and additional regulations. If a home builder it is challenging right now on raw materials but demand for homes through the roof.

#668 3 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

Not Fake News:[quoted image]

Exactly

#740 3 years ago
    Quoted from Deez:

Exactly. A bunch of whiney girls. I'm sure they were just about to pull the trigger on a $9500 game to put next to their F14 and EM.

Agreed

#741 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sure I did. You could have had your say once and let it go. You are attacking a company and people I like, again and again.

Not their job. Not expected of them. Or from any other billionaires you've mentioned.
    Maybe you don't really know me. I'm on the downside of life. A life that I've dedicated the last 1/3rd of to trying to help people get the most out of their pinball machines. I don't have much time left. So I do what I enjoy. No matter how much bullshit I have to fucking put up with. I want to leave a legacy on Rec Games Pinball, and Pinside. To continue to help people long after I'm gone.
    That is what makes me happy. That is Me. Even my arcade is an end to a means. Helping people where I can.

None of our business. Only Butch knows. And JJP knows. And any company that fires an employee will never say. There could be legal repercussions. Especially if something happened inside the company or outside, that the company has a zero tolerance for.
    I had never met Frank. Communicated with him a lot. I liked him. And he was gone. It made me sad. I never questioned it or asked. Because it was none of my business and had no reflection on how I'd be helping customers with tech support.

Anybody that has a job. Isn't going to quit because a person was let go. And have to go foraging for a new job. Every time USPS gets a new postmaster general. Do all the postal workers walk out and threaten to leave if they didn't get the old one back ?
    Lloyd

Well said on all. Gnr is a great game. It will sell.

#764 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

You got that wrong.
    LTG : )

Lloyd be strong! We all love you and appreciate your help over the years. The market will tell JJP if the increase was the right move. Debating won’t but time. GNR is a great game! Funny thing is the whole pinball market is a small market compared to other things. It is a hobby and for amusement. No operators are killing it. They do it because of passion. Everyone go play their favorite game!

#774 3 years ago
    Quoted from Tranquilize:

Sad part in the steep increase in pricing is that a lot of middle class peope that would normally get into this hobby won't be able to. I know it's always been a semi-rich guy's hobby, but even used prices are getting crazy. It's truly becoming a hobby for the wealthy and the grandfathered, like real estate in dense cities like New York.
    I make good money, but I wouldn't have joined the party at these prices. Pinball is fun, but it's not THAT fun.

Agreed. If I hadn’t been in this for awhile I would not have the games. Seems like I trade a lot and upgrade the games I had with better examples. That said 8 years ago I was asking how could the price of games appreciate anymore. Well they have. Looking back only a few games I ever lost money on. Most have been crazy how well I have done. It is a hobby. Cheaper than classic cars. Insurance is nothing on them unlike a car. You can have fun collecting, restoring, repairing, improving and most importantly playing them. Buying today it is different as seems a lot of little things to get dialed in and the code changes so much from launch until final. The final code could be completely different playing game. The rules in all these new games is so deep.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Onwallst.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=Onwallst and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.