Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrJoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#992 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lamberger:

I don't have a JJP game... All due respect, just think Stern missed with Led Zeppelin. Is that Gary Stern on top of that pile? Looks like him F'ing the Stern fan boys over with his LZ. "Oh ya, you like it.. Don't ya!" Bah-ha!
    I should say that what was missed with LZ can big fixed... Gonna get a nice used pro, new translite... adding the 4th ramp and pinsound. 50, 60 songs and better voice call outs. Bury it in the line up so I don't see the side art

The side art is literally the art from Zep III as I’m sure you know. They really pissed you off with this one I guess.

1 week later
    #1152 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

If people won’t buy one on principle at 10,500, they ain’t gonna pay more for a used one.
    They just won’t buy one at all, ever.
    No big deal. Live moves on. You don’t NEED to have it.
    I worked out some time ago - no pinball machine/material possession is ever going to change my life for the better. It’s just “stuff”.
    So I have no FOMO for anything.
    And it’s awesome.
    When you figure out that marketers are constantly using FOMO as their main marketing tool these days, it’s very easy to step off the hype train.
    rd

Right on Dave. One thing that keeps me buying some games NIB is that many seem to hold their value okay still (because new prices keep going up). But the more expensive they get, you start asking "why am I under the hood more than playing this damned thing"? until you get everything working right when in theory that shouldn't be the case with something "new". The answer is simple "because pinball machines are a pain in the ass". As the prices rise, people feel they should be perfect out of the box, and they never will be. But good playing, reliable, dialed in 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000's games are every bit as fun and becoming harder to find so it's hard to want to sell some of those for the new stuff.

GNR is fine, but the rules need a lot of work yet. Everyone is mesmerized by the light show and the volume increase when you start a song I guess. Same mushy flippers and weak slings as all JJP games, and really, really unbalanced scoring, long multiballs, etc. Not really a "player's" game at the moment, more "it's like you're at a concert!!!"......

Hope all's well in NZ!

#1158 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Interesting....
    And you say this as an owner.
    How are you finding the shots?
    Man....I work in Warrendale! If it weren't for Covid-19, and well...work, I'd gladly pay admittance to play your games!

Yeah, I'm not into the whole rose-colored glasses because I own the game mentality. Been doing it for a while (playing, collecting, etc.) and most machines, in my opinion, are either over-rated or under-rated. I know that sounds counter intuitive but what I mean is, the separation between the "BEST GAME EVER!!!" games and the "WORST GAME EVER!!!" is far less than most people care to admit. So when everyone declares a game "BEST EVER!!!!" before the scoring even has balance and there are missing modes, etc., they are excited for the experience more than objectively considering the pinball game itself. Again, just my opinion.

GNR is a lot of fun, and yes, the light show really is the best ever. But as a pinball "game", the code needs a lot of love yet. And there's no helping the mushy flippers. Really, 60's EMs with 2" flipper bats have more snap than JJP flippers. I can't understand why they can't get that right.

I host pinball nights a lot (pre-COVID), and will again once we're past all this. I'll msg you when I do.

#1159 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Interesting....
    And you say this as an owner.
    How are you finding the shots?
    Man....I work in Warrendale! If it weren't for Covid-19, and well...work, I'd gladly pay admittance to play your games!

The shots are alright. I like the middle spinner by the scoop shot, and the upper loop is repeatable (but not worth anything). Otherwise, it's pretty left ramp focused, at least on the LE. Hit the left ramp, starting "Throw the lights" multiball instantly. That multiball requires ramp shots so keep shooting those and you'll collect band members with misfires and/or patch collects (from the left ramp). Lock balls on the left ramp. Qualify the bass on the left ramp. Start the amp multiball from the left ramp. Choose the Gibson patch so you don't need to bother with the spinning record the rest of the game. Start song. Flail. Hit scoop when green for add a ball. Cash out early on the first one for extra ball. Collect the 4 "sponsor" patches (left ramp) for extra ball. Repeat.

#1181 3 years ago
    Quoted from wesman:

Do you feel the flippers feel more mushy or the same as any other JJP game?

The same as all JJP games. A lot of people like the feel. I've never gotten used to them. The CGC remakes feel the same way.

#1221 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

I think they feel like Bally/Williams flippers.

I'm sure you do. But they don't. At all.

#1226 3 years ago

Ha! I'm sure everyone is stocking up on those "mods" already.

1 week later
    #1454 3 years ago

It's a seller's market right now. Buyers don't care it seems. All the Wonka CEs just got scooped up from distributor stock last week in the frenzy over the "almost sold out" news. Wonder how many of them have pooling? They would have been made during the problem time I think.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DrJoe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=DrJoe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.