Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 3 years ago

Success!!!!

Spooky:
    Awesome! Give all the customers free toppers.

Jjp:
    Lets milk the suckers another 1000dollar.

#334 3 years ago

Here in sweden with the new price, freight, vat, macron-tax a new gnrle will come at 17500 usd.

#425 3 years ago
    Quoted from EricHadley:

Pretty soon prices will be so high they wont sell enough to cover the cost to design the game. There is a certain level of sales needed to recoup the development costs and it seems like with the already small number of sales per title that soon prices will drive so many way they just won’t sell enough to break even.

Good point.

the higher the price => the more exclusive, the more exclusive, the less units to cover for development costs => Even higher prices.

#426 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sako-TRG:

JJP increasing the price a good financial decision?
    Not sure about that one. Only time will tell as the orders may take a nose dive.
    Supply could go up, whilst demand comes down...... going forward.

Depends i guess. If they arent interested in selling more units, wanting to move on, i guess it´s a good strategy.

the worst part about pumping prices in the middle of a sell, is that you make all further customers/potential customer feel like loosers.

#427 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

Last I checked employees and bills are paid with Revenue not unit counts.

If you have development cost X.

If you make few units, that has to carry development cost, you have to have a higher part of the price beeing development.

If you make lots and lots of units, the development cost gets less for each unit.

It´s really strange having to explain this on a forum, where people can afford to buy toys for 10k$.

I think it just shows, you can make lots of money, without knowing anything about production.

#558 3 years ago
    Quoted from highdef:

The U.S. Fed is downplaying inflation, but everyone on this site can feel that the threat is real in one way or another no matter where they live. We are seeing it with food, housing, and raw materials. It shouldn't be a surprise that it can also impact a hobby like pinball.

The inflation in the western world is brutal, and sallary are so far from tracking in, it's insame.

Here in sweden, when i started internship 17yrs ago, i had 34k a month, meanwhile the lunch cost 34sek.

Nowdays, the new interns get 41k and lunch costs 95sek.

If you were a normal worker 1970 eg. Teacher and negotiated getting paid monthly in gold, you would today earn 8-10 times more, then you do in money.
    Young people can work hard all their lives, never getting debth-free.

It's sickening.

#559 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bingovit:

Yeah here I was hoping if the 25% punitive tax would disappear in the next few months, I would be able to buy a GnR LE!
    Now if the 25% falls away, I still have a price increase of about 10% over the original price

Out here too.same plan btw.
    Honestly, the game seems in comparishion to be worth it, but the circumstances going in, not having the same deal, makes one feel like cheated on, which is not for me.
    For me it's easier to muster 10.5 if im not at the same time, know i made a deal that's worse then other got.

To bad, since there are probably not many games around europe, due to the tax, so the chance of picking one up later is close to zero.

#578 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bud:

I’ve owned and operated 8 JJP pins I bought NIB. JJP tech/warranty support is second to none. JJP has been the cheapest pin to maintain for me and they have had the best resale value as a whole. I will say JJPs can be finicky at times but usually ironed out.
    With the exception of the light board issues, I don’t know of any major issues that the expense fell on the owners.

Cheap to maintain?
    I just ordered two pop-up plastic heads(hobbit) cant possibly have cost more than 2$ to make.
    What do you think they cost?
    Cheap to maintain my ass....

#608 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Did you consider the LE's that were ordered before the cost increase that aren't built yet. Will cost more to build than those already built ? Yet JJP is holding the price on those games.
    People buying later will pay more. Because the game will cost more to build.
    Lloyd

What's this with supply costs more now?
    I frequently buy electronics, led, acrylic, polycarbonate from china.
    My suppliers are more eager to sell then ever and discounts and offers are aboundant to get the wheels moving.
    Well, maybe jjp has shitty suppliers?

Also this the more copies and the longer you build a product the more expensive it will be?
    Is it because spreading development cost on more units?
    Higher prices when you order more copies?
    Or is it perhaps it gets harder and harder for the assembly line to put together the machine, due to memory loss?
    Plz explain why that is? I call bull.

#612 3 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Read through the posts in this thread. There are posts reporting increases with companies they deal with or work for.
    Maybe inflation ? Maybe with what is going on in the world with COVID. Which has effect much of the world, besides people.

I havent seen a single factual post on this. What item, items has increased meriting a price increase of 1k?
    With such amounts it should be easy to say.

As said earlier....
    Spooky get a smash hit, and thus give free toppers to customers.
    Jjp bumps the price 10%.
    For pinballs sake, lets hope jjp never gets another hit.

1 week later
    #1116 3 years ago

If anybody is even contemplating jjp overpricing. They should have a look into the spare part situation.
    I just ordered a worg head to a hobbit game. It's an uggly one inch plastic bit, that couldnt possibly cost more then 70cent to make.

Cost?

80$ shipped.

I shit you not. Totally beyond insanely overpriced.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dr-pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=Dr-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.