Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#102 3 years ago

How long before NIB LE buyers locked in at 9500 start selling spots for 10000-10250?

#519 3 years ago

I don’t know where all the hobbit lovers here price pumping it now were last summer but I couldn’t even get 6000 for my LE. Sold for 5900. Fantastic shape and HUO. Either my timing was bad, people in my market area are cheap as hell and used to super deflated pricing or no one here actually would pay what they are claiming is market value for hobbits.

Disclaimer - I love the game! I only sold it to help fund my Lebowski.

#579 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hands down. I’m out now because: (a) not worth explaining to the Mrs. why the games costs the extra money, and (b) id feel like a total sucker paying the extra $1,000 that it didn’t cost two days ago. No one wants to feel like a sucker and JJP just set it up to where whomever buys this game over the next few months will feel like a sucker.
    Screw you JJP and whoever was involved in the decision to hike the price with no notice.

I don’t understand this. Clearly you have no issue convincing the wife to spent a boatload on pins you have nearly two dozen games worth in the 6 figures. What is another 1000? I get the principle of it but dont pretend the money or the wife are an issue.

1 week later
    #1036 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I also wonder, and this is just pure speculation on my part, whether they saw the continual demand for GnR as something that could prevent them from moving on to their next pin. They don’t want to be a company that just produces one pin, no matter how popular or profitable. Their future success requires churning out a new pin regularly. So the price increase slows sales and allows them to move on, all while accomplishing some of the other goals that were just stated.

Then grow! Expand the production lines! They need to decide what they want to be and where they want to go. They have a MASSIVE hit right now that has expanded their business to new levels previously unseen. No business would look to stop and stifle this momentum and pivot away from it. They raised their own bar with GNR and huge congrats to that team for the successes.....now keep it up! And grow! Imagine their next slam dunk hit but in a world with double the production speed/capacity. even more revenue, more profit, more growth. The question is can they keep up this momentum? I got murdered for my “toy story is a bad license” thread and I still believe every word of what I said there. I am worried. I don’t think people really want a toy story pin. What sells? Rock bands and 80s nostalgia and comic books. JJP better have some strong licensing lined up. Stern knows this and continues to own the lions share. Their licensing and production speed keep them at the top. Untouchable really. JJP with increased production capacity and a solid run of licensing hits could give stern a run for their money....even at the high prices.

#1232 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

And up next........Toy Story!

I hate to say it but I fear for what happens for JJP with this one. Toy story is a really bad pinball theme. There won’t be anywhere near the demand like they have now with GNR and part of the GNR hype train was the light show innovations which won’t feel as new or WOW factor on any subsequent releases.

#1242 3 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

So what your saying is GnR was only a cool box of lights and the natives won’t be fooled again?

No that's not entirely what I am saying - I think GNR is a innovation-defining pinball experience with one hell of a box of lights coupled with a theme people wanted and arguably second to none theme integration and licensor support.

I fear Toy story will have a re-hash of this type of lighting but without the emotive "KICK" you get due to it being so well integrated with the music and so new as an experience.

The GNR lighting experience unveiled within GNR could have sold any title/theme but I don't know that its going to continue to deliver sales and interest level at the same pace and impact that its currently doing for GNR as people get more familiar with it and other brands catch up....Stern already put their version of more immersive lighting tech on the market as quickly as possible with LZ - got to give them credit there.

#1320 3 years ago

With the insanity of the market, the real money at stern and JJP is for employees to buy games at their steep discounts and quietly sell them at market prices.

#1326 3 years ago

$14per hour is barely a 30k salary which is under $2000 per month after taxes. A 30% discount on a stern premium would get it to a $2340 discount off MSRP. sell it for 400-500 under MSRP (and just undercut a dealer at that price) and you effectively double your monthly income....

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dkjimbo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=Dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.