Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darth_Chris.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 3 years ago

Sad to see hard working loyal businesses going under during this pandemic while pinball manufacturers are offering poor shipping and production numbers, while cuting corners and jacking prices.

shame

#714 3 years ago

I just remembered that scene in License to kill when they all agree on the new price. People will shout and scream but at the end of the day they will accept it and the next raise too by the way.

D4FE521D-4D2F-4361-A4B1-BE05AAB2E274 (resized).jpegD4FE521D-4D2F-4361-A4B1-BE05AAB2E274 (resized).jpeg
    #792 3 years ago

Years ago when JJP and other cies started to come into the hobby I thought competition would be good for business. Forcing the only existing cie to produce better pinball at a fair price to make sure they keep their segment of the pie. Boy, it's the complete opposite. Since other cies joined prices keep rising and quality is dropping. It defied all logic....why ? I think because pinball is not a logical market. People buy with their heart, not their brains and logic. It's okay but don't expect to see any logic from a market full of passionate people who buy with their heart.

Pinball is an awesome hobby but it is for people with more and more money to buy the new toys, and even if they flip it after a guy with money will want to minimise his loss to buy the new big game. So used market will go up like we have been seeing for years.

As long they keep selling and attracting deeper pockets prices will go up. I think honestly at $15 000 all the CE would have sold anyway. The more pinball cies are aware of that the more you will see move like this : jacking a price up during a release.

Just my opinion

#955 3 years ago

I really wanted a GNR LE but when they made the announcement with all this backlog this is not serious. I don't want to wait 6 months to a year for something. This is not serious. Yes it's pinball and not essential but give me a break. After big lebowski, aliens and predator fiasco just to name a few I really don't feel confortable with no precise information of when I going to get my pin. I know JJP might be a cie more reliable than the other cies who produced titles who never got delivered but since JJP started years ago the only thing really annoying me is the long wait because they cannot keep up. You can say pandemic all day but it's always been like that in my book.

You might not believe me but this is the truth.....if I could give the money and get my pin, like cash on the glass I would buy it. Instead they seem like locking customers in with a no reason at all 1k price increase.

#966 3 years ago

Sorry guys, english is a third language and I make mistakes very often. Yes I meant company. I thought the acronym also existed in english. My bad.

1 week later
    #1144 3 years ago

I have a stupid idea.......why not jack the new price to $30 000. That way they will catch up with that backlog in no time lol. And when they will not have any order left to produce....bring the price down to $8500 to milk what's left of us.

#1219 3 years ago
    Quoted from Utesichiban:

With that said, I hope they remain afloat as it is good for the hobby. This niched industry needs more, not less competition.

We all share that sentiment but when stern, to name a company, increase prices they don't go down after. Next pin will have that same increase if not another one.

JJP hit a homerun with GNR, there you go, but before that I did not feel at all the idea of owning a JJP. Theme selection did not help me one bit.

So let's say their next title is not a homerun.......do you think people will line up to give deposits 6 months before at $10500 ?

When you make a price increase move, as a business, you cannot ajust the price before each release and if you were wrong ajust it back higher or lower depending of hype reaction.

It sends confusion and non transparency and in the long run you might put yourself out of business.

Don't get me wrong I want JJP to be able to deliver dream themes to people. In a way maybe it's my understanding that was wrong since the beginning. JJP might be competing with itself and not other companies.

Just a thought

#1436 3 years ago

Yeah lot of drama lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Darth_Chris.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=Darth_Chris and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.