Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,507 posts
  • 286 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by screaminr
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

299EB257-1468-4D12-80AA-BB64FCACA1AF (resized).jpeg
    A289674B-5F0E-4158-AE37-C34D8EF3BE8C (resized).jpeg
    B16D6615-BDE8-45F4-8782-C416D3D32F46 (resized).jpeg
    BatSharkRepllent1 (resized).jpg
    CB3189EA-426B-4E78-B52D-9559F37BBAFD (resized).jpeg
    volunteer 02.gif
    Jumping-the-Shark-Happy-Days-640x360 (resized).jpg
    free_speech_2x.png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    ECCE76E4-2F0F-4C65-B1ED-18FF25085ED3 (resized).png
    IMG_20210225_213015 (resized).jpg
    4ze435.jpg
    giphy.gif
    JJP (resized).JPG
    169696 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20210220-174913_YouTube (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#49 3 years ago

Man, this hobby is getting out of hand. I make good money and can’t afford these toys at these prices. I’m glad Nintendo switch has tons of games for cheap compared to pinball. I guess I’ll go back to dreaming and seeking used pins again. This is nuts.

#440 3 years ago
    Quoted from taylor34:

why have they not re-ran POTC?

PoTC was not a hot seller in the long run, CEs were at almost every distributor unsold. A lot of PoTC had serious issues about of the box. And apparently PoTC had issues with parts suppliers.

PoTC didn’t become desirable until JJP stopped production on them early and said no more. Then everybody had to have it and shot the prices up like crazy.

I would venture to say if they made another run of PoTC, it wouldn’t sell like a lot of people on here think it would. They also wouldn’t have a “rare” and desired title produced anymore. The fact that PoTC is stupid expensive makes free advertisement for JJP, not towards pinsiders, but the rest of the world.

#458 3 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I honestly haven’t kept up on the Potc talk

I spoke with Jack personally for about 30 minutes at TPF about the potc production. There were a few issues that were minor but the big one was parts suppliers. If you have all the parts to build a pin but lack one single part, you don’t have a pin to produce. Jack said they had a number of parts that the suppliers required several thousand units to be ordered before they would make another run of that part.

You can see how it becomes unprofitable to produce a machine when a manufacturer has to order thousands of parts beyond their production forecast to sit in inventories. Meanwhile, distributors were sitting on unsold inventory. So yeah, it made perfect sense to halt production.

The three spinning disks were mentioned earlier and how people backed out because it was omitted. Some people did initially, but ended up buying PoTC anyway. As an operator, I decided I was not going to buy PoTC because of the three disk, I was afraid it would be unreliable on route. I didn’t decide to buy a PoTC until they came out with a single disk. Honestly, the ball is more wild with the single disk set up anyway. Most people didn’t get to play the prototype 3-disk pins, I did and I can tell you the game is better with the single disk.

#570 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:The issue I have is the JJP are expensive to maintain.

I’ve owned and operated 8 JJP pins I bought NIB. JJP tech/warranty support is second to none. JJP has been the cheapest pin to maintain for me and they have had the best resale value as a whole. I will say JJPs can be finicky at times but usually ironed out.

With the exception of the light board issues, I don’t know of any major issues that the expense fell on the owners.

#642 3 years ago
    Quoted from Onwallst:

Yes tech support is top notch as I stated earlier. Unfortunately your experience has not been mine or of my local pinsiders friends. I am the local jjp fan support guy. Some will never go back as chatted with two yesterday. You had no playfield issues on POTC? You didn’t have to pay for the light kit upgrade $799 and the long hours to install. I am glad to hear that. I hope they have GNR all dialed in.

I didn’t say I never had any issues with my JJPs. My PoTC was unplayable out of the box and not for just one issue. But I was able to get the parts I need at no expense.
    I did have playfield issues on more than one pin, JJP resolved that to my satisfaction. I didn’t have lightboard issues because the two WoZ pins I bought were 2.0.

I know my experience is not anybody else’s, but I have had more NIB JJPs than most, and I routed every single one of them with great success. You get what you pay for. I routed literally tons of sterns and didn’t have much success with stern support and parts unless I opened up my checkbook and also had to go through my distributor to get parts most of the time.

I’ve never been a “fan boy” of any brand, I am a fan boy of those who supported me and my operations and JJP definitely did that.

Put your money where you are supported. Support your distributors and manufacturers who support you no matter how big or small of a buyer you are.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bud.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gnr-price-increased-by-1k?tu=Bud and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.